How do you find brands based on logos? God this belt isn't coming up for me at all.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 8:09 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 6/27/16 at 10:53pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 6/23/16 at 12:32pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4979post #74672 of 1387287/5/13 at 8:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by GMMcL
X Post from Ebay thread.
My local had their periodic sale. So their wool trou were a scant $1 each. Picked up every last stained-ass wool trou I could find so I could test the following wool-safe stain removal methods:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Weak Woolite solution soak
Strong Woolite solution soak
Woolite with enzyme stain remover pre-treat to waistband
Water with enzyme stain remover pre-treat to waistband
Woolite with detergent stain remover pre-treat to waistband
Water with detergent stain remover pre-treat to waistband
Woolite with Lanolin hand cleaner pre-treat to waistband
Water with lanolin hand cleaner pre-treat to waistband
Unfortunately, I had to settle for an array of colors: only 5 of them are gray, and the rest various shades of blue, green, beige etc. That adds a nasty, undesirable variable, but we shall persevere. If anyone wants to send me your gray trou to advance the cause of science, please do so ASAP. At the moment, I don't have the means to run more than a couple of the methods simultaneously (though I am considering buying a bunch of cheap garbage cans or storage bins at the local Christmas Tree Shop....), so this may still take me a couple of weeks. (Oh, and my baby comes home tomorrow. So it's not like I'll have anything else going on, or anything) But I shall report results, complete with before/after pictures and field notes, as soon as I can.
Incidentally, I recently did a pure Woolite/warm water bath on a Pendleton tweed that had a stain on the back. The stain was lessened, but I think there was also some color loss. And the kid suede elbow patches went in very soft and came out (after air drying) extremely crispy. Something to keep in mind.
Let the experimenting begin.
Since Oxygen Bleach is out, what about vinegar and a vinegar/surfactant (like Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate) and a plain soap (Ivory flakes or the like)? If I recall correctly, there is little difference between Woolite and detergent aside from the instructions (which are still no good).post #74673 of 1387287/5/13 at 9:00pmQuote:
I grew up just north of York, so I kid about my earlier surroundings.
Touristy is fine by me. You could live here a decade and never get it all in. Just make sure you stay to the right when you get on an escalator, or you'll get the hairy eyeball from all of us.post #74674 of 1387287/5/13 at 9:06pmpost #74675 of 1387287/5/13 at 9:07pmpost #74676 of 1387287/5/13 at 9:32pmpost #74677 of 1387287/5/13 at 9:43pmQuote:Quote:
The belt you have is a wimmen's. The non sizing, just the L for Large gives it away.post #74678 of 1387287/5/13 at 9:57pm
First time out in a month, playing Mr. Mom while wife is recuperating from surgery. Not much, and a few I think I should have left but just so excited to be back out that I probably reached...
Couple of Braces
MacNeil and Moore (Interesting factoid, this was a fine men's wear store in Madison WI that closed exactly 30 years ago)
A few shirts
Gant's on the left RLPL Top Right and Aquascutum Bottom RightWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
And finally while going through the knit shirts that I never look at I found this ahhhemmmm (Size L)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #74679 of 1387287/5/13 at 10:01pmpost #74680 of 1387287/5/13 at 10:08pmpost #74681 of 1387287/5/13 at 10:14pmpost #74682 of 1387287/5/13 at 10:16pm^^Nah, that's Gitman Brothers Vintage: slimmer cut, sold more at boutique-y type places. (There's a second tag below the label that says 'Vintage')
Also, guys: my Levi's Engineered are the coolest jeans I own. Cotton/line blend, twisted seams, coolness rivaling any top brand.post #74683 of 1387287/5/13 at 10:30pmHuh all the levis engineered jeans I've seen have stupidly overdone detailing, like exposed selvedge waistbands, double stacked rear pockets with zippers, and weird detachable crap. It all looked like a very euro trashy interpretation of the workwear trend. What I've seen reminds me of gaudy diesel crap.
That said, what's the good stuff they put out?post #74684 of 1387287/5/13 at 10:36pmI dunno, I think the line shut down in the late 90's -- long enough for mine to have genuine fades.
I'll have to post them, soon, as they were a thrift find....
But you're right, they were made in a few places (Japan, Turkey, ___?) and the styles varied widely, from what I can tell.post #74685 of 1387287/5/13 at 11:21pmHuh weird. It might have been reactivated? Any levis fanatics here? I think the line is still carried on yoox. There are also some shops in Chicago which get unsold goods from Europe and there was a ton of weird levis engineered jeans with a ton of unnecessary exposed selvedge lines everywhere they could put them.
On yoox: http://mobile.yoox.com/us/men/shoponline?Gender=U&Dept=men&Season=E&textsearch=Engineered#/d=15131&textsearch=Engineered&dept=men&gender=U&page=1&season=E
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Recent purchases - Part II 8 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 9 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 10 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 14 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 29 June 2016 - The "What the hell was I thinking"... 15 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 16 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 19 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 19 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding