No problem, I suspected as much. Worth it for a dollar to find out for sure though.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4977post #74641 of 1387287/5/13 at 2:17pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #74642 of 1387287/5/13 at 2:39pmThere are lots of sites that will tell you how to spot a fake Hermes but here's a page I like that that gives you a bit more about how they are actually produced and will give you an idea of some of the indicators of quality to look out for (which could apply to many other handmade silk flat things (i.e. scarfs from other companies, pocket squares).
http://searchingforstyle.com/2010/06/fashion-101-why-luxury-is-expensive/post #74643 of 1387287/5/13 at 4:21pmpost #74644 of 1387287/5/13 at 4:38pmpost #74645 of 1387287/5/13 at 4:41pmpost #74646 of 1387287/5/13 at 5:10pmpost #74647 of 1387287/5/13 at 5:11pmpost #74648 of 1387287/5/13 at 5:14pmQuote:
Which one do you want?
Quick Brag - Zanella Platinum Super 120'sWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
and a few belts
Might try to get the AE below shortened. Need to see the cost.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edited by Brianpore - 7/5/13 at 6:04pmpost #74649 of 1387287/5/13 at 5:17pm
A few things I grabbed after work.
Brooks Brothers Makers AWESOMEST PRINT tie.
Adriano Goldschmeid "The Protege" Straight Cut jeans, selvedge. 36x32. Looks NWOT
Can anyone help me identify this belt? It was a bit pricier, but I could use it myself anyway so I picked it up.
And finally another question. I found some Levis Engineered Jeans today but they were super weird. Cuffed bottoms with a cinch on the back. But they were made in Japan selvedge denim. I wasn't sure if that was a good pick-up or not at 8-9 dollars, It was in great condition though.post #74650 of 1387287/5/13 at 5:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by hbkshin
And finally another question. I found some Levis Engineered Jeans today but they were super weird. Cuffed bottoms with a cinch on the back. But they were made in Japan selvedge denim. I wasn't sure if that was a good pick-up or not at 8-9 dollars, It was in great condition though.
Cinch Back and Selvedge for under $10 is an easy pickup in good condition. Just thrifted a pair of similar non-japan selvedge gap jeanspost #74651 of 1387287/5/13 at 5:37pmpost #74652 of 1387287/5/13 at 5:38pmpost #74653 of 1387287/5/13 at 5:54pmpost #74654 of 1387287/5/13 at 5:58pm
No pics, wondering if there's any meat left on the bone if I pay $300+tax for a pair of charcoal gray Berluti wingtip balmorals in excellent condition (sole shows very little wear, just some light scuffs that can be conditioned and buffed out), shoe trees included? Common size. They're currently being discounted, after tomorrow it goes back up to almost $500. Thanks guys!
Edit: I've never flipped something on Ebay before so I'm worried this is a risky bet after fees and shipping are included. I've looked at recent sold listings on Ebay but the price range varies tremendously on these shoes depending on the particular model and condition.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 14 minutes ago
- › Creases on a doble-breasted suit 15 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 18 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 24 minutes ago
- › BASICALLY GIVING THIS AWAY: Eidos Napoli Tipo Teal/Char-Brown Linen... 25 minutes ago
- › What is my face shape ? 26 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?