No problem, I suspected as much. Worth it for a dollar to find out for sure though.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 2:21 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 7/26/16 at 5:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4977post #74641 of 1387287/5/13 at 2:17pmpost #74642 of 1387287/5/13 at 2:39pmThere are lots of sites that will tell you how to spot a fake Hermes but here's a page I like that that gives you a bit more about how they are actually produced and will give you an idea of some of the indicators of quality to look out for (which could apply to many other handmade silk flat things (i.e. scarfs from other companies, pocket squares).
http://searchingforstyle.com/2010/06/fashion-101-why-luxury-is-expensive/post #74643 of 1387287/5/13 at 4:21pmpost #74644 of 1387287/5/13 at 4:38pmpost #74645 of 1387287/5/13 at 4:41pmpost #74646 of 1387287/5/13 at 5:10pmpost #74647 of 1387287/5/13 at 5:11pmpost #74648 of 1387287/5/13 at 5:14pmQuote:
Which one do you want?
Quick Brag - Zanella Platinum Super 120'sWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
and a few belts
Might try to get the AE below shortened. Need to see the cost.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edited by Brianpore - 7/5/13 at 6:04pmpost #74649 of 1387287/5/13 at 5:17pm
A few things I grabbed after work.
Brooks Brothers Makers AWESOMEST PRINT tie.
Adriano Goldschmeid "The Protege" Straight Cut jeans, selvedge. 36x32. Looks NWOT
Can anyone help me identify this belt? It was a bit pricier, but I could use it myself anyway so I picked it up.
And finally another question. I found some Levis Engineered Jeans today but they were super weird. Cuffed bottoms with a cinch on the back. But they were made in Japan selvedge denim. I wasn't sure if that was a good pick-up or not at 8-9 dollars, It was in great condition though.post #74650 of 1387287/5/13 at 5:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by hbkshin
And finally another question. I found some Levis Engineered Jeans today but they were super weird. Cuffed bottoms with a cinch on the back. But they were made in Japan selvedge denim. I wasn't sure if that was a good pick-up or not at 8-9 dollars, It was in great condition though.
Cinch Back and Selvedge for under $10 is an easy pickup in good condition. Just thrifted a pair of similar non-japan selvedge gap jeanspost #74651 of 1387287/5/13 at 5:37pmpost #74652 of 1387287/5/13 at 5:38pmpost #74653 of 1387287/5/13 at 5:54pmpost #74654 of 1387287/5/13 at 5:58pm
No pics, wondering if there's any meat left on the bone if I pay $300+tax for a pair of charcoal gray Berluti wingtip balmorals in excellent condition (sole shows very little wear, just some light scuffs that can be conditioned and buffed out), shoe trees included? Common size. They're currently being discounted, after tomorrow it goes back up to almost $500. Thanks guys!
Edit: I've never flipped something on Ebay before so I'm worried this is a risky bet after fees and shipping are included. I've looked at recent sold listings on Ebay but the price range varies tremendously on these shoes depending on the particular model and condition.post #74655 of 1387287/5/13 at 5:59pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › OAMC - Over All Master Cloth - Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 12 minutes ago
- › The Grim Reaper - Conne's Obituary Thread 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 16 minutes ago
- › FS- Lattanzi Shoes 17 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 21 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 26 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding