No problem, I suspected as much. Worth it for a dollar to find out for sure though.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 7:47 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/24/17 at 3:27pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4977post #74641 of 1387287/5/13 at 2:17pmpost #74642 of 1387287/5/13 at 2:39pmThere are lots of sites that will tell you how to spot a fake Hermes but here's a page I like that that gives you a bit more about how they are actually produced and will give you an idea of some of the indicators of quality to look out for (which could apply to many other handmade silk flat things (i.e. scarfs from other companies, pocket squares).
http://searchingforstyle.com/2010/06/fashion-101-why-luxury-is-expensive/post #74643 of 1387287/5/13 at 4:21pmpost #74644 of 1387287/5/13 at 4:38pmpost #74645 of 1387287/5/13 at 4:41pmpost #74646 of 1387287/5/13 at 5:10pmpost #74647 of 1387287/5/13 at 5:11pmpost #74648 of 1387287/5/13 at 5:14pmQuote:
Which one do you want?
Quick Brag - Zanella Platinum Super 120'sWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
and a few belts
Might try to get the AE below shortened. Need to see the cost.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edited by Brianpore - 7/5/13 at 6:04pmpost #74649 of 1387287/5/13 at 5:17pm
A few things I grabbed after work.
Brooks Brothers Makers AWESOMEST PRINT tie.
Adriano Goldschmeid "The Protege" Straight Cut jeans, selvedge. 36x32. Looks NWOT
Can anyone help me identify this belt? It was a bit pricier, but I could use it myself anyway so I picked it up.
And finally another question. I found some Levis Engineered Jeans today but they were super weird. Cuffed bottoms with a cinch on the back. But they were made in Japan selvedge denim. I wasn't sure if that was a good pick-up or not at 8-9 dollars, It was in great condition though.post #74650 of 1387287/5/13 at 5:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by hbkshin
And finally another question. I found some Levis Engineered Jeans today but they were super weird. Cuffed bottoms with a cinch on the back. But they were made in Japan selvedge denim. I wasn't sure if that was a good pick-up or not at 8-9 dollars, It was in great condition though.
Cinch Back and Selvedge for under $10 is an easy pickup in good condition. Just thrifted a pair of similar non-japan selvedge gap jeanspost #74651 of 1387287/5/13 at 5:37pmpost #74652 of 1387287/5/13 at 5:38pmpost #74653 of 1387287/5/13 at 5:54pmpost #74654 of 1387287/5/13 at 5:58pm
No pics, wondering if there's any meat left on the bone if I pay $300+tax for a pair of charcoal gray Berluti wingtip balmorals in excellent condition (sole shows very little wear, just some light scuffs that can be conditioned and buffed out), shoe trees included? Common size. They're currently being discounted, after tomorrow it goes back up to almost $500. Thanks guys!
Edit: I've never flipped something on Ebay before so I'm worried this is a risky bet after fees and shipping are included. I've looked at recent sold listings on Ebay but the price range varies tremendously on these shoes depending on the particular model and condition.post #74655 of 1387287/5/13 at 5:59pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 4 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 10 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 12 minutes ago
- › Recommended UK tailors for bespoke or made to measure 3 piece suit... 18 minutes ago
- › PROXY FOR SUITSUPPLY TO WORLDWIDE - OUTLET CLOSE 29 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 36 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 46 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 56 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 57 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...