Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:47 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Today at 3:18 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4952
Styleforum Top Pickspost #74267 of 1387287/2/13 at 7:08ampost #74268 of 1387287/2/13 at 7:09ampost #74269 of 1387287/2/13 at 7:12amQuote:
Dibs on puppies!!!!!!!!!!!!Quote:Quote:
Actually all the cool kids who over stretched their lobs or had blow outs are getting surgery to remove their gauges aka cutting the lobs off and reconstructing them! 2013, baby!post #74270 of 1387287/2/13 at 7:14amQuote:
Cute little guys!post #74271 of 1387287/2/13 at 7:15ampost #74272 of 1387287/2/13 at 7:36amQuote:That would be me. Hand rolled, not machine sewn.
BTW, Wes: The day of the Bagger Vance fit approaches. July 23. Expect pictures soon thereafter. There will be much disapproval, but zero effs given.Quote:Originally Posted by barrelntrigger
Cute little guys!
Little bastards dig up and chew all my plants. I hate 'em all.post #74273 of 1387287/2/13 at 7:40amAnother one bites the dust. One of my better stops now has someone googling just about every brand they get in as a donation. They had a couple of ferragamo ties and one Hermes tie separated from the other ties. They were priced at $65.post #74274 of 1387287/2/13 at 7:48amQuote:
Nice! I will send some pics later. It's some nice looking silk. Very PS appropriate.
Awesome. I am so tired of eating popcorn waiting for this fit. What's it been, 9 months in the making?
One that note, I have compiled about half of my new outfit for this years fall outing.post #74275 of 1387287/2/13 at 9:07amQuote:
Dude, that sucks. The next town over -- my happy fun mix-it-up adventure trip -- is now mostly blown because of this. As if that wasn't bad, right here, they've started cordoning-off special sections highlighting $22 PRL polos. Most of them crispy as a saltine, half of them fake. I told the counter lady who said, Well, if the tag says Ralph Lauren, they're real.post #74276 of 1387287/2/13 at 9:15ampost #74277 of 1387287/2/13 at 9:18ampost #74278 of 1387287/2/13 at 9:30ampost #74279 of 1387287/2/13 at 9:44ampost #74280 of 1387287/2/13 at 10:17amQuote:Originally Posted by noob
Dude, that sucks. The next town over -- my happy fun mix-it-up adventure trip -- is now mostly blown because of this. As if that wasn't bad, right here, they've started cordoning-off special sections highlighting $22 PRL polos. Most of them crispy as a saltine, half of them fake. I told the counter lady who said, Well, if the tag says Ralph Lauren, they're real.
This type of pricing seems like it's spreading. It's just hilarious that a store with the word "thrift" in the name is selling used ties for $65. "But it's a $200 tie." Great, and I'm sure your vehicle was once a $50,000 car when you bought it new. Does that mean you'll try to sell it for $30,000 in 12 years when it has 175,000 miles on it by telling the buyer "but it's a $50,000 car"? These people are so detached from the world of fashion that they think the only way to buy a high end piece of menswear is to walk into a shopping mall and pay the retail price Saks or Neiman Marcus charges.
Edited by suited - 7/2/13 at 1:41pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Finding affordable menswear? (chicago) 21 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 7 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 21 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 29 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 30 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 33 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 33 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 36 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...