or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4903

post #73531 of 113032
Ken others can chime in but I am not sure that Zegna is legit. The label and tipping look off to me.
post #73532 of 113032

Part of yesterdays haul - There were more Zanella pants (all pleated all the same size appox. 36 x 31) then I knew what to do with. Picked up the best 5 pair's and left another 10. Not dirt cheap but good enough for me thumbs-up.gif

 

Solid Gray Flannel

 

Navy Blue Tick

 

Black & White Houndstooth

 

Dark Blue Birdseye

 

Medium Blue Check

 

 

These Gap Selvedge have already found a new home with a thread member but figured I'd share the pictures. 1st pair of "buckle back" I've seen. Excellet condition with a tiny bit of wear on the back heels.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #73533 of 113032

Quick question, I have an untagged BB suit. It measures 23" pit to pit, has 25.5" sleeves, is 32" from bottom of collar to bottom of jacket, and has 36" waist trousers. What is its most likely originally tagged size?

post #73534 of 113032
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcl View Post

Ken others can chime in but I am not sure that Zegna is legit. The label and tipping look off to me.
Uh-oh! Anyone else care to chime in? I was just under the impression that it was old. Silk feels thick and real, didn't think to doubt its authenticity.
post #73535 of 113032

Any regulars willing to do a little proxy for me? Looking to make a Yoox purchase but had to cancel my credit card. Would PayPal directly to your account + fee once the order's been placed.

post #73536 of 113032
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadBoy View Post

Any regulars willing to do a little proxy for me? Looking to make a Yoox purchase but had to cancel my credit card. Would PayPal directly to your account + fee once the order's been placed.

Yoox takes Paypal.....
post #73537 of 113032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan K View Post

Quick question, I have an untagged BB suit. It measures 23" pit to pit, has 25.5" sleeves, is 32" from bottom of collar to bottom of jacket, and has 36" waist trousers. What is its most likely originally tagged size?

Somewhere between 42 and 44 depending on the model, age, cut and shoulder width. I'd prob guess it would be a 42 as most BB run on the larger side and a drop 6 makes more sense for BB as well.

 

FYI - You'll get a better response for questions like this in the Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions.

post #73538 of 113032

Sorry, the Zegna is almost certainly a fake.  Label/tag and backing look off, as does the fabric/content tag.  The Zegnas that have that type of label do not have a self-keeper on the back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken P View Post


Uh-oh! Anyone else care to chime in? I was just under the impression that it was old. Silk feels thick and real, didn't think to doubt its authenticity.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken P View Post

Some tie finds. All available. All 4" wide, the Zegna is 59" long. The Brionis are 60".
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcl View Post

Ken others can chime in but I am not sure that Zegna is legit. The label and tipping look off to me.
post #73539 of 113032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

Somewhere between 42 and 44 depending on the model, age, cut and shoulder width. I'd prob guess it would be a 42 as most BB run on the larger side and a drop 6 makes more sense for BB as well.

 

FYI - You'll get a better response for questions like this in the Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions.


Thanks! I did think I was posting in that thread, I had multiple threads open and put it in the wrong box. Nevertheless, I appreciate your response.

post #73540 of 113032
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftydood View Post

Sorry, the Zegna is almost certainly a fake.  Label/tag and backing look off, as does the fabric/content tag.  The Zegnas that have that type of label do not have a self-keeper on the back.

Bummer but good to know. Hate to open a can of worms but can anyone verify the brionis authenticity? Considering I found them in the same shop.
post #73541 of 113032
Zegna outlet for me.

post #73542 of 113032
I have seen lots of fake Zegnas, so I can usually spot them. I was suspicious of the Brionis but was hesitant to say anything. I don't recall seeing them with the keeper and the chain. In fact I don't think they have used a chain since maybe the 90's. I do recall discussions on here maybe a couple of years ago about really good Brioni knock offs coming out of the middle east maybe? Hey, it happens. smile.gif

At any rate a couple of good finds today. A couple of XL Cotton/Linen Cuccinellis and a nice pair of no name braces.

post #73543 of 113032
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcl View Post

I have seen lots of fake Zegnas, so I can usually spot them. I was suspicious of the Brionis but was hesitant to say anything. I don't recall seeing them with the keeper and the chain. In fact I don't think they have used a chain since maybe the 90's. I do recall discussions on here maybe a couple of years ago about really good Brioni knock offs coming out of the middle east maybe? Hey, it happens. smile.gif

I found one in december with a keeper and a chain however that one had a label on the back blade (term for this?) that said "100% Seta" etc. These do not. Additionally, that one did not have the brioni logo on the back of tip.
post #73544 of 113032
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadBoy View Post

Any regulars willing to do a little proxy for me? Looking to make a Yoox purchase but had to cancel my credit card. Would PayPal directly to your account + fee once the order's been placed.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwarebandit View Post


Yoox takes Paypal.....


Not in Canada apparently.

post #73545 of 113032
Just popped into my place, snagged a Turnbull and Asser sea island cotton shirt and an unworn E. Marinella tie out the door $9.99
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread