or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4892

post #73366 of 125117

Banana Republic (cotton/cashmere)


Brooks Brothers


PRL

Brooks Brothers


Brooks Brothers


Incotex
post #73367 of 125117
Two recent finds, both available.

Southwick tweed, 41R. Recent and dare I say it... NWOT? Chest pocket still basted shut, sleeves still closed and missing buttons. Got excited about the NWOT-ness of this and forgot that whoever will wear it will need matching sleeve buttons- d'oh!
AppleMark Details and Measurements (Click to show)
AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark
Measurements
P2P 22
Shoulder 19.5
Waist 21
Sleeve 25
Length 31.5

Isaia 52R (EU) 10% Cashmere. Gonna need some help with this one. Inside tag only says "Louie" Maker-tags ID as isaia. Does "Louie" ring any bells to you guys? Maybe a model of Isaia? or a luxe-brand I've never heard of?
AppleMark
Details and Measurements (Click to show)
AppleMark






Measurements
P2P 23
Shoulder 20
Waist 21
Sleeve 24
Length 31.5
EDIT Fixed! Uploaded was being weird.
Edited by Ken P - 6/20/13 at 5:41pm
post #73368 of 125117
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomethingsFishy View Post

Hey guys! I'm back in Maryland and off my jet lag, and I've tried my hands at MD thrifts... they're... horrendously disappointing. The staff staples tags to lapels, not that the suits were worth the 40+ dollars they charge for them anyways. Incredibly lame frown.gif Only finds that were anything close to decent were ruined (AJ Suit and Lorenzini shirt). The only goodwill I've been to (By Dobbin) is pathetic. I declare fail. Squared.

MD Thrifters: Recommend me hunting grounds within half an hour of Clarksville, MD (Howard County) that are big, well-stocked, and won't make me want to facepalm when I see their prices?

It's not as if I'm revealing some state secrets here. Two thrift stores in Laurel (1. Rte 198 and 2. Rte 1) usually yield some interesting footwear, shirts or denim. Don't expect much though. And the second one actually staples the shoes together through the leather. facepalm.gif
post #73369 of 125117

I've actually hit both of them. One yielded the busted lorenzini, the other the AJ (and a few orphaned hickeys) but I'm worried, because my favorite of those two is becoming a 2nd ave later this month, and the 2nd ave by my house is the sole reason I despise MD thrifts. If they jack up their prices, I will cry :(

post #73370 of 125117
One more GW to the north up Rte. 1 in Jessup @175. Again, I never find much there although that's where I got my AE Orleans white bucks.
post #73371 of 125117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken P View Post


Isaia 52R (EU) 10% Cashmere. Gonna need some help with this one. Inside tag only says "Louie" Maker-tags ID as isaia. Does "Louie" ring any bells to you guys? Maybe a model of Isaia? or a luxe-brand I've never heard of?
AppleMark
Details and Measurements (Click to show)
AppleMark






Measurements
P2P 23
Shoulder 20
Waist 21
Sleeve 24
Length 31.5
EDIT Fixed! Uploaded was being weird.

I have no idea but maybe it was made for Louis Boston?
post #73372 of 125117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken P View Post

Isaia 52R (EU) 10% Cashmere. Gonna need some help with this one. Inside tag only says "Louie" Maker-tags ID as isaia. Does "Louie" ring any bells to you guys? Maybe a model of Isaia? or a luxe-brand I've never heard of?

Details and Measurements (Click to show)
 

Hmmm. That Louie has popped up in here before, maybe about a year ago....but I don't recall.

post #73373 of 125117
Is noob the same dude that used to be known as noobizor?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchman View Post


Bought these shoes yesterday for 8 bucks total smile.gif
Any suggestions on combinations for the brown and black ones? I want to make sure I don't put it with the wrong color suit and it look stupid.

Those look like saddles. Tradition dictates that they go with a more casual suit eg. shouldn't be worn with a formal pinstripe navy suit. maybe a suit w/patch pockets. No problem wearing them with a contrasting blazer/pants combo.
post #73374 of 125117
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwarebandit View Post

I have no idea but maybe it was made for Louis Boston?
Seems possible!
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Hmmm. That Louie has popped up in here before, maybe about a year ago....but I don't recall.
I'll have to do some searching!
post #73375 of 125117

Wow, if that aint the darndest thing...actually one year and one week ago. lol

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/9006/the-official-thrift-discount-store-bragging-thread/38600_50#post_5518214

post #73376 of 125117
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwarebandit View Post


I have no idea but maybe it was made for Louis Boston?

 

It has some association with Louis Boston, but not super recent.  I have seen Borrelli shirts with the same "Louie" tag mad for that store, plus Ken P thrifts in Beantown.

post #73377 of 125117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

Cool weather? That would be what, early August for you?

lol8[1].gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooker4186 View Post

These are a thing yeah?



Definitely! Wow - insane find!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob View Post


That is a gorgeous jacket! drool.gif

It's been a very slow day for me. Met with MZHammer today. Nice seeing you again!

Found this recent-ish J. Crew solid light gray suit. 3 Button. Center vent. Flat front trousers. 41 R. 34 x 30 trousers.





Benjamin Bixby vintage style khaki trousers. 34 x 32 Passing these on at cost + shipping. Wish they fit me but absolutely no room to let out in the waist. ffffuuuu.gif




Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




post #73378 of 125117
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Wow, if that aint the darndest thing...actually one year and one week ago. lol

http://www.styleforum.net/t/9006/the-official-thrift-discount-store-bragging-thread/38600_50#post_5518214
Whoa, Does it count as thrift synergy if it's found on an anniversary? That thing is almost spot on as mine, Isaia, cashmere blend. Makes sense though LookNGr8 Thrifts in the same territory- actually a bit closer to Louis Boston than I.
Quote:
Originally Posted by concealed View Post

It has some association with Louis Boston, but not super recent.  I have seen Borrelli shirts with the same "Louie" tag mad for that store, plus Ken P thrifts in Beantown.
Okay, good to know. Thanks! Definitely a lesson in knowing your maker tags. Isaia for whoever is always a good find in my book.
post #73379 of 125117
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooker4186 View Post

These are a thing yeah?


must be, i have never seen those. and i could send you a long list of japanese denim makers.  do they fit?

post #73380 of 125117
Quote:
Originally Posted by size 38R View Post

must be, i have never seen those. and i could send you a long list of japanese denim makers.  do they fit?

Sadly no, already shipped off to the 'bay.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread