or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4885

post #73261 of 114516
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Me two!

 

cheers.gif

 

i got this today.

good stuff?

POLO University Made in USA /fabric woven in British Isles

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 


Edited by sparrow - 6/18/13 at 3:17pm
post #73262 of 114516

I have been slacking on posting my thrift finds lately. Here are a few:

 

First off is a super weird tie. It is fairly nice. Made in Italy, conservative pattern, then on the back there is a picture of a fully nude girl from the 80s or early 90s haha:

 

 

I blurred out the nudity, but figured I'd use spoiler as well just in case, haha. (Click to show)

Brioni PS:

post #73263 of 114516

Two sport coats....

 

Lets play, is this an orphan?

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This one 100% is an orphan (no pants to be found) but with a button swap would make a nice sport coat

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #73264 of 114516
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

Will need additional info. to determine. Post some pics of the make tag. This also could be the HF licensed made in USA stuff. If fits, good pick up.
[IMG]
post #73265 of 114516

BB PJs (m)

 

 

EZ Blazer 44R I think

 

 

HEAVY Norman Hilton Pinstripe, 43XL

 

Vintage BB Golden Fleece 46L

 

Southwick Tweed 42L

 

Samuelsohn Blazer 44L

 

Samuelson Navy Blue Suit 40L

post #73266 of 114516
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoolyardBully View Post


[IMG]


It is belvest, but, no offense, that thing looks crazy outdated (although I can't help but admit I would have probably purchased it as well).

post #73267 of 114516

Here's a few finds from the past couple weeks. Pretty good stuff for my area.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

A sweet Zegna Made in Italy size L. Great shape, love the color and pattern but is sadly too large for me.

 

 

Brooks Brothers Irish Linen Made in Hong Kong size M. This fits well and I also love the color and pattern on this.

 

 

Another Zegna (Z Zegna line maybe?) Made in Romania size L. Fits well and a nice color and pattern. Button down collar but the buttons are hidden.

 

 

 

One last exciting find. A Zegna Sport Coat? Silk and Wool for Rubenstein Bros. in New Orleans. This shows some signs of wear but is in pretty good shape. Most of the pockets are still stitched closed. Kind of a sandy olive color with light blue lines in a checkerboard configuration. I will have to take a fit picture with this and see if it fits. I'm still new to all this so I need a little guidance at times but I am satisfied with these finds for the week!

 

Also, if anyone could give me information on the age of the Zegna stuff that would be much appreciated. I don't know a lot about the Zegna tags and how to estimate age. It's not extremely important but if I end up selling something I want to be able to accurately describe it. Thanks a lot in advance for any help!

post #73268 of 114516
Quote:
Originally Posted by tben View Post


It is belvest, but, no offense, that thing looks crazy outdated (although I can't help but admit I would have probably purchased it as well).


Daaayyyyuummmm! You are good at this! I was gonna bust out the who made what sheets since the older tag, I don't run across often. Good shit!

post #73269 of 114516
My finds this week. All available.

Deets: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Burberrys tweed.

Incotex single pleat cords.

E Zenga pure cashmere.
post #73270 of 114516
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmick View Post

I have been slacking on posting my thrift finds lately. Here are a few:

 

First off is a super weird tie. It is fairly nice. Made in Italy, conservative pattern, then on the back there is a picture of a fully nude girl from the 80s or early 90s haha:

 

 

I blurred out the nudity, but figured I'd use spoiler as well just in case, haha. (Click to show)

 

 

Commonly called a peek-a-boo tie.  There are true vintage versions from - say - the 40's and 50's with Betty Page-type gals, and modern interpretations thereof that use cheesy 70's-era pinup girls.  One modern company is named "DOM" a/k/a "Dirty Old Man", and the more desirable vintage ones have the girl printed upside-down, so the wearer can flip it up, showing the underside to someone, and the gal will then be displayed right-side-up...can't tell the orientation from your blurred photo.  If you've seen Barton Fink, you'll know what I mean.  I've only found one in a thrift - modern DOM - which I flipped on eBay for $55 replete with stains and nastiness most becoming a true Dirty Old Man.

Anyhoo - nice find - I would have kopped it in a sec (and the guys who only buy ties based on the front / feel, will never find a peek-a-boo!).

post #73271 of 114516




these up today. Not sure about the brand. Tried to look up the brand it does not seem to be sold in the states. Anyone know anything about these!? The brand is Daniele Lepori.
post #73272 of 114516
I flipped a similar tie (girl wasn't fully nude tho) for good loot on the 'bay as well.
post #73273 of 114516
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post


Daaayyyyuummmm! You are good at this! I was gonna bust out the who made what sheets since the older tag, I don't run across often. Good shit!

haha thanks gentlemen! it's too big for me! what do i do what do i do?!

post #73274 of 114516
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoolyardBully View Post

haha thanks gentlemen! it's too big for me! what do i do what do i do?!


Throw it on eBay for a buy it now/best offer of $129 for 30 days and accept the first $65 offer. Put vintage in the title, people will go crazy.

post #73275 of 114516
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLnoob View Post

 

Commonly called a peek-a-boo tie.  There are true vintage versions from - say - the 40's and 50's with Betty Page-type gals, and modern interpretations thereof that use cheesy 70's-era pinup girls.  One modern company is named "DOM" a/k/a "Dirty Old Man", and the more desirable vintage ones have the girl printed upside-down, so the wearer can flip it up, showing the underside to someone, and the gal will then be displayed right-side-up...can't tell the orientation from your blurred photo.  If you've seen Barton Fink, you'll know what I mean.  I've only found one in a thrift - modern DOM - which I flipped on eBay for $55 replete with stains and nastiness most becoming a true Dirty Old Man.

Anyhoo - nice find - I would have kopped it in a sec (and the guys who only buy ties based on the front / feel, will never find a peek-a-boo!).

Thanks for the info!

 

I was actually surprised at the quality of the tie. It is super thick and seems a nice piece. Hopefully it flips for a decent amount.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread