Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 12:26 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 4/30/16 at 11:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 3/31/16 at 1:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4884post #73247 of 1387286/18/13 at 11:47ampost #73248 of 1387286/18/13 at 11:47ampost #73249 of 1387286/18/13 at 11:51ampost #73250 of 1387286/18/13 at 12:20pmQuote:
Is that something you do yourself, or, have someone do for you (and, if the latter, about how much does it cost)? I ask because I passed on a Burberry made in Italy nova check tie the other day, that had the side points and tip worn, otherwise was fine...post #73251 of 1387286/18/13 at 12:26pmpost #73252 of 1387286/18/13 at 12:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by Digmenow
So. I went back and got it. I've been wearing it over a Brooks Brothers micro navy check shirt, PRL baby blue linen pants and AE Orleans white bucks. I'd show you pics but SWMBO borrowed my camera's memory card and FAILED to give it back when she was done.
I'm glad that I went back for it though.
Pics!!! If I had that, I would rock it with raw jeans, brown shoes (white is cool, too), check or stripe shirts, and keep it casual! Oh yeah, don't forget the pocket square. You can't look like an Igent without one! But most importantly, gotta slick that hair back for bonus Igent points!!!post #73253 of 1387286/18/13 at 1:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by Nataku
Speaking of books, if any sees any "The Whole Earth Catalog"s out there, I'm willing to pay a finder's fee.
There are several variations out there such as "The Last Whole Earth Catalog" and "The Whole Earth Epilogue" which I already have. I just need the first "The Whole Earth Catalog".
I'll keep an eye out.
Have you ever checked out Foxfire Magazine? It's more of a series of journals or books and is filled with old-time/backwoods skills and knowledge like how to slaughter and dress a hog, how to make greenwood furniture, etc... Perfect for back to nature or preparing for the apocolypse.post #73254 of 1387286/18/13 at 1:02pm
I do it myself. It's really very simple.
Best eight bucks I ever spent.post #73255 of 1387286/18/13 at 1:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by messenger309
I do it myself. It's really very simple.
Best eight bucks I ever spent.
Huh - whaddaya know about that! Interesting, though now that I think about it, my Mom is a somewhat renowned miniature (and full-size) quilt maker, and has worked with silk from ties before. Next time I see a candidate I'll pick it up and ask her if she thinks she can remake it. If not, I might check out that downloadable e-book. Thanks!post #73256 of 1387286/18/13 at 1:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by FaceOfBoh
I'll keep an eye out.
Have you ever checked out Foxfire Magazine? It's more of a series of journals or books and is filled with old-time/backwoods skills and knowledge like how to slaughter and dress a hog, how to make greenwood furniture, etc... Perfect for back to nature or preparing for the apocolypse.
Thanks! Never read the magazine - din't even know there was one. I'd love to get a hold of some of those early issues! I do however have the Foxfire books. #'s 1-3 in a box set, just like the one below. Great reading - very informative.post #73257 of 1387286/18/13 at 1:31pmReunited my first suit today (Hickey Freeman Loro Piana Super 120s) only to find a trio of holes in the back. Also left a Corneliani, awesome tweed orvis with throat latch and elbow patches, and some other tweed jacket, all with holes.post #73258 of 1387286/18/13 at 2:19pm
Some finds from yesterday.
BB Wash and Wear Navy Blazer 42RWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Boss Khaki SC 38SWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Anyone a golf guy? St. Andres Polo by Marbas?
XLWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
VV Polo XLWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Burberry Golf Made in Italy MediumWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Dunhill Made in Italy Shirt 16.5
x3 Patagonia Pants 32x31
All availalble.post #73259 of 1387286/18/13 at 2:48pmMan, I left a Vineyard Vines yellow polo in my size (S) today because I already have a yellow polo by someone else (forgot whose). I've gotten to the point where I don't want more than one of anything since I have SO MUCH already. I've stopped buying on principle cuz no one ever seems to want what I buy.post #73260 of 1387286/18/13 at 2:52pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 42 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 2 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 2 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 4 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Stephen Curry Style - am looking for silk cloak 6 minutes ago
- › 5. NWT BROOKS BROTHERS BLACK FLEECE THOM BROWNE WOOL/LEATHER BELT... 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum HoF GMTO - The Hopper Boot PUT YOUR MONEY... 7 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts