Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 8:58 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 1/21/17 at 9:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4884post #73247 of 1387286/18/13 at 11:47ampost #73248 of 1387286/18/13 at 11:47ampost #73249 of 1387286/18/13 at 11:51ampost #73250 of 1387286/18/13 at 12:20pmQuote:
Is that something you do yourself, or, have someone do for you (and, if the latter, about how much does it cost)? I ask because I passed on a Burberry made in Italy nova check tie the other day, that had the side points and tip worn, otherwise was fine...post #73251 of 1387286/18/13 at 12:26pmpost #73252 of 1387286/18/13 at 12:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by Digmenow
So. I went back and got it. I've been wearing it over a Brooks Brothers micro navy check shirt, PRL baby blue linen pants and AE Orleans white bucks. I'd show you pics but SWMBO borrowed my camera's memory card and FAILED to give it back when she was done.
I'm glad that I went back for it though.
Pics!!! If I had that, I would rock it with raw jeans, brown shoes (white is cool, too), check or stripe shirts, and keep it casual! Oh yeah, don't forget the pocket square. You can't look like an Igent without one! But most importantly, gotta slick that hair back for bonus Igent points!!!post #73253 of 1387286/18/13 at 1:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by Nataku
Speaking of books, if any sees any "The Whole Earth Catalog"s out there, I'm willing to pay a finder's fee.
There are several variations out there such as "The Last Whole Earth Catalog" and "The Whole Earth Epilogue" which I already have. I just need the first "The Whole Earth Catalog".
I'll keep an eye out.
Have you ever checked out Foxfire Magazine? It's more of a series of journals or books and is filled with old-time/backwoods skills and knowledge like how to slaughter and dress a hog, how to make greenwood furniture, etc... Perfect for back to nature or preparing for the apocolypse.post #73254 of 1387286/18/13 at 1:02pm
I do it myself. It's really very simple.
Best eight bucks I ever spent.post #73255 of 1387286/18/13 at 1:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by messenger309
I do it myself. It's really very simple.
Best eight bucks I ever spent.
Huh - whaddaya know about that! Interesting, though now that I think about it, my Mom is a somewhat renowned miniature (and full-size) quilt maker, and has worked with silk from ties before. Next time I see a candidate I'll pick it up and ask her if she thinks she can remake it. If not, I might check out that downloadable e-book. Thanks!post #73256 of 1387286/18/13 at 1:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by FaceOfBoh
I'll keep an eye out.
Have you ever checked out Foxfire Magazine? It's more of a series of journals or books and is filled with old-time/backwoods skills and knowledge like how to slaughter and dress a hog, how to make greenwood furniture, etc... Perfect for back to nature or preparing for the apocolypse.
Thanks! Never read the magazine - din't even know there was one. I'd love to get a hold of some of those early issues! I do however have the Foxfire books. #'s 1-3 in a box set, just like the one below. Great reading - very informative.post #73257 of 1387286/18/13 at 1:31pmReunited my first suit today (Hickey Freeman Loro Piana Super 120s) only to find a trio of holes in the back. Also left a Corneliani, awesome tweed orvis with throat latch and elbow patches, and some other tweed jacket, all with holes.post #73258 of 1387286/18/13 at 2:19pm
Some finds from yesterday.
BB Wash and Wear Navy Blazer 42RWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Boss Khaki SC 38SWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Anyone a golf guy? St. Andres Polo by Marbas?
XLWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
VV Polo XLWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Burberry Golf Made in Italy MediumWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Dunhill Made in Italy Shirt 16.5
x3 Patagonia Pants 32x31
All availalble.post #73259 of 1387286/18/13 at 2:48pmMan, I left a Vineyard Vines yellow polo in my size (S) today because I already have a yellow polo by someone else (forgot whose). I've gotten to the point where I don't want more than one of anything since I have SO MUCH already. I've stopped buying on principle cuz no one ever seems to want what I buy.post #73260 of 1387286/18/13 at 2:52pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 7 seconds ago
- › Brexit 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › HUGE DROP: RARE: Gant Rain Slicker Size Small 6 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 8 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 11 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...