Such a tease! Moar Pics/Detail!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 2:17 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/24/17 at 3:27pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4881post #73202 of 1387286/17/13 at 4:06pmI think I hit for the cycle in denim today! Feels good to find some grail stuff after such a long dry spell. And they ALL fit! Mostly. Some a bit more snug and some a bit looser than I like.
Levis Premium...Possibly available (Click to show)Nutcrushers! They are slightly more snug than my 514's in the same waist size (30) but only 3 buttons? That's a short rise my man!Diesel Fanker...Not available (Click to show)I don't care that the denim heads don't think much of Diesel! This is my second pair and I REALLY LIKE how they fit! The baked on pre-distressed fading is kind of hokey but it's not horrible.Uniglo Slim Fit...Available (Click to show)At 33W, these are slightly big on me when I first put them on and feel like they'll get bigger as the day goes on.Nudie Slim Jim/Superbleach...Not available (Click to show)
I need a cigarette.post #73203 of 1387286/17/13 at 4:26pm
Great pic, hard call. Mezlan is known for their skins, but this is too good of a skin for Mezlan. A center cut, belly skin with no fight marks? Almost too perfect, and theres no way that skin would have hit their price point. Also, see the creasing across the tiles at the bendmarks? Thats a giveaway of printed leather. Real gators dont do that. Its like when you bend a credit card in half. Though the detail of the print is pretty good, they even got the fine lines inbetween the tiles.
Verdict : 95% sure stamped. If you want to send them to me to look and I can send them back, would be happy to look for you.post #73204 of 1387286/17/13 at 5:02pmQuote:
I've been inside a handful of Journal Standard stores while in Tokyo this past fall. Such cool stuff. Also had me looking like this every time I left.
They didn't carry any LL (double L is like their XL), the largest size they carried was L and a Japanese L fits like a US M. Still, that's a crazy find!post #73205 of 1387286/17/13 at 5:22pm100% unavailable. This thing fits perfect. I'm so happy.
edit: when I was looking at this I didn't realize it was JS homestead right off the bat. There is a lot of vintage workwearish stuff at this spot, usually beat up. I actually was thinking 'oh hey, this is where JS Homestead / sunny sports get their designs from.'post #73206 of 1387286/17/13 at 5:55pmpost #73207 of 1387286/17/13 at 8:08pm
Maybe not all SF approved but today's finds. already waiting on eBay so N/A although I'm making an Orange sweater vest available for any regular. Check the spoiler to see...
Kuhlman 100% Cashmere made in Italy 52R
Found an identical sweater vest in Orange but no maker tag so available. Approx XL. 80% Cashmere, 20% Silk
PRL by Corn.Quote:
This kind of stuff keeps me humble. definitely would not have recognized that
Edited by MZhammer - 6/17/13 at 8:33pmpost #73208 of 1387286/17/13 at 8:17pmEbay talk within - Enter at your own risk without btiching about it later. (Click to show)
Don't leave those nice pleated Zanella pants on the rack!!!
Sold at the BIN price without an offer in under 2 weekspost #73209 of 1387286/17/13 at 8:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by Brianpore
Ebay talk within - Enter at your own risk without btiching about it later. (Click to show)Don't leave those nice pleated Zanella pants on the rack!!!
ZANELLA Forrest Green Flannel WOOL & CASHMERE Mens Dress Pants - Size 36 x 30
Sold at the BIN price without an offer in under 2 weeks
That really is sick.
I usually leave them on the shelf cause I have been burned too many times at $5post #73210 of 1387286/17/13 at 8:39pmQuote:
I feel like this is really a lesson in photography for those of us selling on the bay. I've definitely had times where something should have sold for multiple X what it did, and the fault is my terrible iphone photos.post #73211 of 1387286/17/13 at 8:41pmQuote:
And sharks to boot. (I think I've already noted I call the triple pleats "sharks", on account of the similarity of 3 pleats to gills, the 4 pleat ones I call Megalodon, an ancient massive great white).
Shiny (I think): that brooksease is awesome. I've been looking for something similar. Would love to find a nice summer weight hop sack weave with 3 x patch pockets.
Hammer: 52 EU? Check thy pm.post #73212 of 1387286/17/13 at 8:47pmQuote:
This brand has only recently been carried by milkmade, hickoree's, acrimony and maybe a few other overpriced boutiques in the US. This was an incredibly rare find. I know and covet this label and still didn't realize what it was until checking the content tag that said "Journal Standard Homestead".post #73213 of 1387286/17/13 at 8:52pm
MZHammer, I like your style of photos -- very concise and effective. Shiny, great stuff! I'm so glad you found nice things in your size.
PSA -- I forget who gave the tip about Pantherella merino wool socks at Marshall's, but I just checked mine and they are loaded! About >20 sets of 3-packs, in various colors, all size medium (UK 6 - 8.5). The color combos I saw were grey/green/blue, grey/brown/yellow, and grey/red/yellow. I picked up some for myself, but can go back and proxy (at-cost) for any thread regulars, total cost per pair is just under $6.
Have some finds to post, but will do that in better light. I do have one question about a tag -- I could've sworn I've seen this before, but now I think I'm deluding myself. No country of origin marked, which is suspicious. Any info on this, found at TJ Maxx -- I kind of like it for myself, but might end up returning it unless that's a bad idea:post #73214 of 1387286/17/13 at 8:55pmQuote:
i think it may come more down to lighting then the iphone.
its pretty good for pics in daylight. not so much without it.
the whitebox i think makes a big difference.post #73215 of 1387286/17/13 at 9:15pmQuote:
Thanks, I've been playing around with eBay listing main pics and this is the style I've come to. I wanted something a little different that was identifiable too. A main shot that shows shape and pattern along with the label dropped in. Amazing what you can do with an iphone and MS Paint these days!Quote:
I definitely need a white box
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Any One for a Scotch? 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 8 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 14 minutes ago
- › NIB Junkard Berry Shell Cordovan Size 42 (US 9) 16 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 16 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 18 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...