Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 7:45 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4877
Styleforum Top Pickspost #73142 of 1387286/16/13 at 2:03pmpost #73143 of 1387286/16/13 at 2:21pmpost #73144 of 1387286/16/13 at 2:37pmpost #73145 of 1387286/16/13 at 2:43pmQuote:
They (I) do! Size? Available?post #73146 of 1387286/16/13 at 2:44pmQuote:
I think the only modern rugs readily available that will truly increase in value are Persian hand-made silk, as there is still an embargo. I met with a lady a few weeks ago that had in excess of 400 hand-made Persian silk rugs stacked all over her house - she had collected them as investments and was doing very well re-selling them some 20 or 30 years later. But at $15 each those Karastans can easily be worth a few hundos more than you paid if in good shape, and depends on the tags (vintage vs. new tagging) and material. I mean, they are American and machine-made, so they are desirable but not nearly the same thing. Some longer custom Karastans can fetch more but 12' is standard and yours are probably the 2' to 2'6" width - the wider 2' 10" are pretty scarce and more valuable (so check your size tags / measure!). Nonetheless I would have loved to find those for $100 - $150 each, so at $15 you did amazingly well.post #73147 of 1387286/16/13 at 2:56pm
Found this Sid Mashburn at GW, checked it over, bought it and was all proud of myself:
Looked good in the store:
Then I got it home and found this hiding in the rear back pleat:
Motherf****rs who donate torn / stained / damaged stuff to thrifts really irk me. Like they think "Oh, those poor people will definitely want to buy my old, faded, stained collar, torn shirt because it's [Brooks Brothers or whatnot] and poor people want to have nice things like this shirt used to be." Or whatever - no idea what goes thru the mind of someone who donates unusable and unwearable stuff. For the tax write-off? If so, that's pretty crummy....post #73148 of 1387286/16/13 at 2:59pm
Both excellent hauls! Nice!Quote:Originally Posted by CesarC
Hahahaha, ah.... This reminds me of a lot of people I grew up with, since geographically I was on the border between the Maryland accent, southern Jersey accent, and Philly accent that all kind of blended smoothly into one-another. I like to think I've done a pretty good job of nailing down the non-dialectical accent, but every once in a while I will slip towards an extremely diluted Maryland-ish accent. Definitely no "wooder," but still sounds like hoe-'em.
Everyone I've met up with or spoken on the phone with on here has told me I have a pretty thick Scandinavian accent. I've never noticed myself until I went to SoCal for the first time (my wife is from there) and people asked me where I was from.
Well, what do ya expect? I am from Meen-ah-soh-tah, doncha no-oh.post #73149 of 1387286/16/13 at 3:04pmpost #73150 of 1387286/16/13 at 3:04pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by ATLnoob
From the last couple of weeks...been remiss in posting much lately, and thank you again to DolFan who suggested some places when I was down in FL.
This stuff is from all over the place - true thrifts, resale, consignment clearance sales, outlet mall clearance sales, etc...
Nothing available at the moment - some already scheduled to start on the 'bay tonight since I've been too busy doing that and have been negligent in posting here in quite some time.
Won't bother posting the more run-of-the-mill PRL, BB etc stuff that I always pick up.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Aquascutum, Paul Stuart, Tyrwhitt NWT, Kenzo NWT, Armani NWOT, BB Makers, Dunhill London NWOT, Vineyard Vines / Coca Cola, Battistoni 7-fold NWT, Penfield London NWT:
Zegna x2 NWT, Versace x5 NWT:
Forgot this one - Penrose NWT, 100% cashmere:
Gang of Tyrwhitt's:
J. Crew Aldridge:
BB made in Italy:
Vintage BB safari shirt (?):
North Face for four bucks!
Lubiam suit, made in Italy:
Canali cashmere blend for Mr. Sid:
Cable & Co, made in Italy:
Allen Edmonds, scuffed toes:
The NOS Florsheim Imperial longwings:
First Jos A Bank I have ever picked up, only because it had a nice color & vintage feel, and is 100% silk:
Gitman vintage, NWT:
BB 1818 Madison suit:
Rugby jeans NWT:
RL made in Italy:
Paul Smith made in Italy:
Edit: added a few things I overlooked:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #73151 of 1387286/16/13 at 3:14pmpost #73152 of 1387286/16/13 at 3:21pm
Wish I was pullin in the SW&D like everyone else but oh well. I'll try to post here more often in the coming weeks. All of this haul from one shop. Nothing's available right now, sorry!
Trafalgar Black Crocodile Print Braces
PRL Made in Italy 100% Cashmere Blazers x 2
Pendleton Corduroy Blazer
Southwick Navy Staple Blazer
PRL Plaid Blazer
PRL Made in Italy Wool Pantspost #73153 of 1387286/16/13 at 3:31pmpost #73154 of 1387286/16/13 at 3:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by barrelntriggerQuote:Originally Posted by silverwarebandit
All you have to do to pretend to be bam Margera now is show up in court with puke all over your suit.
If you're using a sniping program I think you have to be $.01 under or it won't work. I made that mistakes a few years ago using gixen on some poorly list CDG blazer and my bid never went through
I second that. This shit doesn't even work half of the time.
Just tossing my hat int he ring....never had a single issue and there should be no issue with setting a bid at the BIN price due to the fact that if the bidding gets to be that high (BIN price) then the BIN price will have already disappeared it will be like a regular bid. One has nothing to do with the other.post #73155 of 1387286/16/13 at 3:53pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › The Look goes on... 59 seconds ago
- › NWT Uniqlo x Lemaire Men's Collarless Long Sleeve Shirt XS 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 5th 2016 - The Green Jacket 13 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 14 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 15 minutes ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Patrik Ervell Cotton Technical Knit Cardigan Navy XS 17 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 23 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 36 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...