Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:47 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Today at 3:18 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4867post #72991 of 1387286/13/13 at 5:46pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #72992 of 1387286/13/13 at 5:47pmpost #72993 of 1387286/13/13 at 5:48pmpost #72994 of 1387286/13/13 at 6:30pmpost #72995 of 1387286/13/13 at 6:59pmpost #72996 of 1387286/13/13 at 7:18pmpost #72997 of 1387286/13/13 at 7:24pmlove the patriotism, pnut.
almost zero thrifting for me lately. too busy. did have one nice haul I havent photo'd yet. decent stuff.
as to wax jackets, I recently found my old one from ages ago. wore it and started thinking: what is that musty smell?? turns out, it was the jacket. can you get mildew out of a wax jacket?
thanks for the tips on the panthys and cashmere ties. need to hit the local discounters. but mine never have anything but us polo assn ties. if anyone wants to proxy, lemmekno.
in other news, my dumb new phone doesnt auto punctuate or capitalize. do you have any idea how infuriating that is?post #72998 of 1387286/13/13 at 7:38pmpost #72999 of 1387286/13/13 at 8:13pm
Along with the Hermes shirt, I grabbed these day.
NWT Banana RepublicWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Burberry by Hickey Freeman 100% CashmereWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Best part.... this store lets you keep the hangers
Edited by Brianpore - 6/13/13 at 8:25pmpost #73000 of 1387286/13/13 at 8:15pmpost #73001 of 1387286/13/13 at 8:24pmFinally time to post my recent thangs.
Ben Silver Polo, L - Available, and Billy Reid Polo, N/A
Daks Glen Chk w side tabs, 34SHORT; Agave selvedge 35W; Boss 34 - all pretty much available
Okay, it's not 80 years old, but it's vintage RL chambray, available. Perry Ellis linen for me, as is Hamilton custom, 'cause it's like buttah!
Boss orange, tagged Euro 50, available.
Now I'm off to do some damn laundry!post #73002 of 1387286/13/13 at 9:14pm
Two things, both available for trade:
(1) LL Bean Original Field Coat in Dark Brown, with Wool/Nylon lining. Size S, but fits like a Medium. (Here's a link to Bean's page for the coat: http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/18215?feat=original%20field%20coat-SR0&page=original-field-coat-with-wool-nylon-liner). Can send pics if anyone is interested. Not sure it was ever worn.
(2) Also, I picked up an awesome LL Bean Blackwatch Duffle coat, size medium. Unfortunately, I didn't realize until I got home that it's a women's coat. (I remember thinking that the toggles seemed really hard to fasten...) Anyone have a wife/SO who needs an awesome coat?
Or, if you're a slim 40 with relatively short arms, this could work for you if you don't mind the toggles being on the wrong side. I'm a 40, and the fit is almost perfect. But the arms are about 1.5 inches too short. For reference, I usually wear shirts with 35" sleeves.post #73003 of 1387286/13/13 at 10:00pmQuote:
I am guessing that is this company, I believe they are out of business or bought out. I see a few wallets of theirs selling on ebay and vintage sites. That thing looks mint, but doesn't look like this is a sought after brand so probably wouldn't go for much but a good keeper.post #73004 of 1387286/14/13 at 3:32amQuote:Some of my most comfortable finds are a half to a full size larger than my foot but adjusted to fit using insoles and such. Those stick on heel grips never seem to stay in place for more than a couple of wearings though so the tongue pad is definitely the way to go.
This is only for thrift finds, however. Anything bought online or from other members need to be the right size AFAIC. Also, loafers have to fit right or they're a waste of money.post #73005 of 1387286/14/13 at 5:52am
FYI this might be a good pair of staple black captoes for someone in the 7.5-8 range... ALLEN EDMONDS PARK AVENUE OXFORD BLACK LEATHER 7.5 D (not my auction, ends at 10:15 or so EST). Currently $68 shipped and they look nice.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 9 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 14 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 14 minutes ago
- › Bourbon. 21 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 22 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 25 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 26 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 28 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...