I figure I can beautify it quite a bit and make most of the scuffs and scrapes disappear.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 10:47 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 9/12/16 at 2:10am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4773post #71581 of 1387285/27/13 at 5:41pmpost #71582 of 1387285/27/13 at 5:41pmpost #71583 of 1387285/27/13 at 5:45pmpost #71584 of 1387285/27/13 at 5:47pmSYNERGY
Keep staring at this pretty neat-looking Dick Paine bespoke jacket, mesmerizing working cuffs, about 40-ish ... sans pants.
Looked everywhere. Nevertheless, thought I might see if anyone, for some reason, would want this. It'd probably be good for it to take a vacation. It keeps....staring.
EDIT - Nice on the Hermes. I've never seen an Arizona-ish one like that before.post #71585 of 1387285/27/13 at 5:55pmpost #71586 of 1387285/27/13 at 5:57pmpost #71587 of 1387285/27/13 at 5:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by Tyrone MacStiophain
I forgot to post this, because I usually don't pick up bags. But this Chiarugi briefcase looked pretty good. Can anyone school me on the value? Not sure if I'm keeping it.
I figure I can beautify it quite a bit and make most of the scuffs and scrapes disappear.
Nice bag! If you decide not to keep it, I might be interested :]post #71588 of 1387285/27/13 at 6:47pmpost #71589 of 1387285/27/13 at 7:22pm
I have a ton of shoes to trade. I wear an 11.5 E, some of you other thrifters must have some nice shoes sitting around you'd be interested in trading for. I'd most like a nice pair of penny loafers, pref. light brown (the Grensons pictured fit my bill but were too large) but I'd be interested in seeing whatever you've got. PM if you want any of these.
Allen Edmonds Rutland, 10 E, black, has a rip inside the heel of the left shoe (visible in first pic)
Allen Edmonds Wendell, 8.5 E, dark brown.
Allen Edmonds Weybridge, size 8, not sure of width due to re-heeling but they are fairly narrow. Dark brown.
Alden penny loafers, 7 B/D, cognac.
Dack's wingtips, dark brown, 11 (can't seem to find a width listed in the Dack's size info). I have an identical pair in Black as well (same size and everything).
Dack's strap loafers, dark brown, waxed leather. Size 12, again can't figure out a width.
Florsheim Imperial black wingtips, 10 EEE, worn only a few times judging from sole wear.
Florsheim Imperial penny loafers, burgundy, 9D
Grenson James penny loafers, cognac, UK 11 E (so 12 E or so US)
Johnston & Murphy captoes, size 13 B/AA. Reddish-brown.
Johnston & Murphy Aristocraft tassel loafers, black. 12 D/B.
Johnston & Murphy Aristocraft formal pumps (I think that's what you call these...) 11.5 D/B.
John White wingtips, black, 7 (I believe C width but it's hard to tell from the sizing numbers).post #71590 of 1387285/27/13 at 7:31pm
Finally was able to get to some thrifting in for the first time in a month. One more week of school and hopefully that'll change.
Pink x 2 - Available
Anyone's lady want this (shirt-dress?) for cost+shipping? I got it with some store credit, but I didn't find anything else worthwhile. Needs the treatment.
Also hit up Marshalls - shorts & tiepost #71591 of 1387285/27/13 at 7:40pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by Brianpore
Finally got to wear my Tux outfit. 100% Discount/Ebay/SF Members all paid for by shhhhhhh (selling on ebay)..... yes yes, the left sleeve cuff has to come down 1/6" and my left pant leg was not sitting correct, but overall I'm really happy with the look and got a TON of compliments from everyone Exactly the look I was going for. A vest is on the list but prob need to get one custom made and cost almost as much as the Tuxedo itself cost.
- Isaia Tuxedo - 1 Button, Grosgrain Peak Lapel, Unvented (exactly what I wanted)
- Thomas Pink Tuxedo Shirt
- Polo Ralph Lauren Grosgrain Diamond Bowtie
- Ralph Lauren Purple Label Cummerbund
- Ralph Lauren Purple Label (Edward Green) Opera Pumps with Grosgrain Bow
- Tom Ford White Linen Pocket Square
Brian, mate!post #71592 of 1387285/27/13 at 8:22pmQuote:
Sting? No way man. I only have 900 posts in this thread for kicks, not to find recent Kiton. I have only visited the thrift stores in the area a couple of hundred thousand times.post #71593 of 1387285/27/13 at 8:49pmpost #71594 of 1387285/27/13 at 9:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by CesarC
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nataku, well done!!! A very provocative display. I normally don't go for such stuff, but those were pieces of art I'm sure someone could rock to no end. Hope to see a couple on you, maybe. Definitely a great welcome back to the thread after end-of-semester craziness.
Brian, great fit! I know where you're going to be x-posting...
Eddie, what a great classic tux! I think the double-breasted 6x2 is the most elegant a tux can get, with the 1-button single-breasteds close seconds.
Taking the derivative of a constant, regardless of value, yields zero.
Alexandre wool/mohair/mink coat, my size after sleeve shorteningDetails: (Click to show)
A record collection from a guy who was into opera, and Joan Sutherland in particular. Some highlights:More, including a little jazz: (Click to show)
Cover's not in great shape, but still great playing condition
I saw this performed live with the same orchestra this year, behind film projected on a screen.
Steeplegate made in Italy summer shoes (been looking for more summer stuff)
Polarizing Filter, Promaster 55mm diameter Spectrum 7
Paul Stuart shirt, size L
Attended a graduation of some friends who'll be leaving me behind, so I took the opportunity to sport a tie with school insignia.Details: (Click to show)
Tie: no-name vintage university-commissioned, thrifted
PS: no-name cotton/silk (?), thrifted
Pants: HF lightweight flannel, thrifted
Links: Japanese enamel+brass, from capnwes
Jacket: Corneliani, from Brianpore
Belt: AE, from westling
Shoes: Nettleton shell saddles, eBay (why do I always post this pair?)
Shirt: CT white herringbone, introductory deal (below clearance)
Excellent fit!post #71595 of 1387285/27/13 at 9:24pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › I'm steamed: Half-canvassed Jos A Bank suit is fused and bubbling 8 minutes ago
- › Dylan & Son - Singapore - BEWARE! 10 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 13 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 21 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 23 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 24 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 28 minutes ago
- › East Sicily Tailors 29 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 31 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...