Originally Posted by mystillwater
I went through my collection and culled anything 3.75 and wider. I ended up with two bags of Zegna, Polo, etc.. I want to sell them somehow but I also noticed that some of what remains have been with me since college (80's). I'm lucky I didn't cull my 3" ones 5-10 years ago. With that in mind I wonder if I'll live to regret getting rid of my wide ties - anybody notice the Polo suit ads in the front of this month's GQ and Esquire?
Okay couple of days:
- Oxxford charcoal slacks - $3.99
- two Polo slacks for $4.50 each.
- Scott Barber(?) hidden button-down shirt for $3.50
- Various ties for under $2.99: a recent BB and Ike Behar, a nice wool challis from England, and a
vintage repp stripe made out of real nubby, raw silk. I'm definitely on a texture kick right now.
- after saying I never find pocket squares I came across 3 yesterday - .99 each
- Not thrifted, but this morning I woke up to catch a Romeo Gigli suit in my size on eBay for a $25
BIN with $5.90 shipping. It looks recent and in great shape so at that price I had to jump on it.
Now comes the part where I find out if it bears any resemblence to what I pictured it to be.