or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4725

post #70861 of 102784
^^^^^It's fucking beautiful is what it is.
post #70862 of 102784

First -- Love the story about the Ferrari, Spoo.

 

Second - Hit a few estate sales today because I saw 4 boxes of Allen Edmonds at one of them in the photo.  Bought all 4 of them a $3 a piece.  Didn't notice till I got home that one of them was Alden.  First Alden I've ever found.  Shame it is a 13 AAA. :)  

 

They had another 8 pair of AEs or so at the same price, but for 13 AAA's, I wasn't sure how long it would take to work them up and sell them.

 

 

The next estate sale must have been a manager of a Dillards because the guy easily had 80-100 sportcoats - many still with the tags on them.  I snagged the Loro Piana Cashmere HSM's, and a couple of others.  May go back later for 1/2 off or a bulk deal at the end.  

 

Photos later.

post #70863 of 102784
Spoo, I'll echo everyone's congratulations. It's quite the accomplishment!

Finds from this week...

Cool Ballantyne jacket. That's a Caruso label, right? Unavailable.

AppleMark Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
AppleMark

AppleMark

Weird Costume National polo.

AppleMark Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

AppleMark

These retail for far less (€50-100) than I would have guessed based on quality. It wasn't a brand I knew, but a Codello scarf.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Couple of Zegnas.

AppleMark


There were a few other finds this week, but mainly boring stuff. I've been busy the past couple of weeks with work, but I check in here and a ton of great stuff has been posted! Well done!

I thought I'd add this. I sold a pair of vintage B&L Ray-Bans this week that had prescription lenses. The Dutch guy that bought them sent me a picture after he had normal lenses put in them. I think they look great.

Before:


After:
post #70864 of 102784
Oxxford single button black tux for $80. Intend to flip. Kop or not? In the field now.
post #70865 of 102784
The wife and I are about to go get day drunk on the roof of the Paris Club for a birthday, fit pic
Hackett SC from Holdfast
BB light blue shirt, kind of wimpy collar, but, you work with what you've got.
Regal purple knit tie
AE calf belt
Topman trousers (not thrifted)
BB suede bucks
AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark
Vintage creepy stare at the Christmas tree pose, not thrifted biggrin.gif
post #70866 of 102784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post

IMG_2137.jpg

Unlined shell Florsheim Yuma venetian loafers. 11E. Dibsed.
Very nice. I would love a pair of these in 9.5 if anyone comes across any. I've written Florsheim asking them to reissue the model.
post #70867 of 102784
Quote:
Originally Posted by emptym View Post


Very nice. I would love a pair of these in 9.5 if anyone comes across any. I've written Florsheim asking them to reissue the model.

Seconded. Those are beautiful.

post #70868 of 102784
I forgot the icing on the cake, SEE Italian made tortoise shell sunglasses, thrifted.
post #70869 of 102784
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansderHund View Post

Spoo, I'll echo everyone's congratulations. It's quite the accomplishment!

Finds from this week...

Cool Ballantyne jacket. That's a Caruso label, right? Unavailable.

AppleMark Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
AppleMark

AppleMark

 

Sick jacket. 

post #70870 of 102784
Quote:
Originally Posted by emptym View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

IMG_2137.jpg


Unlined shell Florsheim Yuma venetian loafers. 11E. Dibsed.
Very nice. I would love a pair of these in 9.5 if anyone comes across any. I've written Florsheim asking them to reissue the model.

Those are $$$$ :)

post #70871 of 102784
Woah. Catching up w/ this thread. Spoo, I just saw the Ferrari. They say "awesome" is an overused word. Your post is an example of that: you called us awesome. But to call your achievement awesome would be entirely appropriate.

The other great thing about it is that -- like when the four-minute mile barrier was broken -- we can now look forward to seeing other's dreams come true.
post #70872 of 102784
Spoo thanks so much for sharing, it's truly inspirational. I think I'm going to have to go on a serious run tomorrow. Eazy you in?. devil.gif
post #70873 of 102784
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexconstruct View Post

Sick jacket. 

Thanks! Perfect for Gatsby-themed garden parties, right?
post #70874 of 102784

OK, good day at Goodwill Yesterday.  Realized I only shot the tags, will shoot the actual coats soon:

 

 

Corneliani wool cashmere tweed - fits like a glove. (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

Please tell me these are real:

DG #1 (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

and

DG #2 (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

DG #2 (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Pièce de résistance

 

 

 

hard to read, unreal coat! (Click to show)

Corneliani is the only one that fits, the DG's and the Kris van Assche are just a bit too small, maybe 42ish.

They'll all be on the bay (except Corneliani) soon unless someone here wants.

post #70875 of 102784
Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger309 View Post

Since I never seem to find stuff in my size (38s) my main thrifting pattern has been to thrift - ebay - purchase stuff that I actually want that fits. So when I saw this at a local thrift I just threw in my cart because it was $5:

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

AppleMark

 

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

AppleMark

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

AppleMark

 

It had a stain on the lapel so I sent it off with my dry-cleaning. When it came back I noticed it was kind of a small coat so I finally checked the tag. 48C. My size. Fits quite nicely. Unvented too.

 

However, is it an orphan or a navy sport coat? It definitely has suitish buttons. If it is an orphan will a button swap be enough to un orphan it? What buttons would you guys try? Or should I just add it to my spoo pile and move on?

 

In a similar vein this also got tossed into my cart at Marshalls as they had it priced at nearly thrift prices (Thriscount?)

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

AppleMark

 

 

 

 

Brooks Brothers. Tried it on a few days later, fits like a glove :).

Badass #1. I think just replace the buttons on the navy coat and you'll be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

What's this?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

AppleMark

 



Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif (n/a, sorry fellas)

Oh, and obvious props to Spoo for his entrepreneurship and that ride.

Badass #2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn0wman View Post

First -- Love the story about the Ferrari, Spoo.

 

Second - Hit a few estate sales today because I saw 4 boxes of Allen Edmonds at one of them in the photo.  Bought all 4 of them a $3 a piece.  Didn't notice till I got home that one of them was Alden.  First Alden I've ever found.  Shame it is a 13 AAA. :)  

 

They had another 8 pair of AEs or so at the same price, but for 13 AAA's, I wasn't sure how long it would take to work them up and sell them.

 

 

The next estate sale must have been a manager of a Dillards because the guy easily had 80-100 sportcoats - many still with the tags on them.  I snagged the Loro Piana Cashmere HSM's, and a couple of others.  May go back later for 1/2 off or a bulk deal at the end.  

 

Photos later.

Proxy for 40s, yes?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansderHund View Post

Spoo, I'll echo everyone's congratulations. It's quite the accomplishment!

Finds from this week...

Cool Ballantyne jacket. That's a Caruso label, right? Unavailable.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

AppleMark

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
AppleMark

AppleMark

Weird Costume National polo.

AppleMark Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

AppleMark

These retail for far less (€50-100) than I would have guessed based on quality. It wasn't a brand I knew, but a Codello scarf.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Couple of Zegnas.

AppleMark


There were a few other finds this week, but mainly boring stuff. I've been busy the past couple of weeks with work, but I check in here and a ton of great stuff has been posted! Well done!

I thought I'd add this. I sold a pair of vintage B&L Ray-Bans this week that had prescription lenses. The Dutch guy that bought them sent me a picture after he had normal lenses put in them. I think they look great.

Before:


After:

 

 

Yip, that's a Caruso tag, alright!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanM View Post

Oxxford single button black tux for $80. Intend to flip. Kop or not? In the field now.

I think it's a bit much. Pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

The wife and I are about to go get day drunk on the roof of the Paris Club for a birthday, fit pic
Hackett SC from Holdfast
BB light blue shirt, kind of wimpy collar, but, you work with what you've got.
Regal purple knit tie
AE calf belt
Topman trousers (not thrifted)
BB suede bucks
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark

 


Vintage creepy stare at the Christmas tree pose, not thrifted biggrin.gif

Badass #4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by txwoodworker View Post

OK, good day at Goodwill Yesterday.  Realized I only shot the tags, will shoot the actual coats soon:

 

 

Corneliani wool cashmere tweed - fits like a glove. (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

Please tell me these are real:

DG #1 (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

and

DG #2 (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

DG #2 (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Pièce de résistance

 

 

 

hard to read, unreal coat! (Click to show)

Corneliani is the only one that fits, the DG's and the Kris van Assche are just a bit too small, maybe 42ish.

They'll all be on the bay (except Corneliani) soon unless someone here wants.

The D&Gs look all real from here! Good stuff especially the Kris van Asscheeks!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread