or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4723

post #70831 of 125208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

I have to disagree. I have found a few "silver label" suits and they have all sold pretty well. As mentioned, they are usually made my M. Greenfield although others have made them. You can tell by the interior tag just like looking at a Isaia, Brioni, Kiton by the interior tag. It shows who made the suit. When in good shape I always pick these up to flip.

My ebayfu is not so strong. shog[1].gif

I picked a really nice grey hand tailored one a while back . It was in a popular size (38r). Only Eazy messaged me on it. It ended up being too big for him. Man, I wish it fit me. I thought all M. greenfields had his initials inside and this didn't. Ended up going for $50 shipped on the bay frown.gif
post #70832 of 125208
Spoo.



DAS NISE.

Seriously, that's so awesome!
post #70833 of 125208
Damn Spoo, Congrats!!!!!!! Fucking sick! That really is a lot of hard work and dedication. Good for you. As of today, I'm starting a 1969 Camero SS fund. Hopefully in 5-10 years, I'll get to post some pics. biggrin.gif
post #70834 of 125208
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

Damn Spoo, Congrats!!!!!!! Fucking sick! That really is a lot of hard work and dedication. Good for you. As of today, I'm starting a 1969 Camero SS fund. Hopefully in 5-10 years, I'll get to post some pics. biggrin.gif

No Shit easy... I started working on my 69 a week ago lol
post #70835 of 125208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomore View Post

No Shit easy... I started working on my 69 a week ago lol

This car is making a 69 fund for me tonight a no brainer rimshot.gifmwink[1].gif
post #70836 of 125208

PLEASE NOTE - NEW SPOO SIGNAL

 

post #70837 of 125208

I had a gt-r fund... which turned into a down-payment-on-a-house-fund... which I just ended up using to buy more clothes peepwall[1].gif

post #70838 of 125208
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmatter7 View Post

I had a gt-r fund... which turned into a down-payment-on-a-house-fund... which I just ended up using to buy more clothes peepwall[1].gif

Didnt you just post pics of a new house though?
post #70839 of 125208
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

I thrifted a Ferrari.




I always just thrifted for myself, but I am now rethinking the whole flipping game.
post #70840 of 125208

As I have posted earlier, I am new at all of this and read a little bit than went nuts and bought 4 jackets on eBay. So my latest is a blue blazer, after I bid I found a thread on it and it looks like I should have done some more research. The listing was "Tom James by Oxxford Clothes Men Hand Made Blue Blazer 44 R Functional Buttons" When I searched for this I came across a thread that told me these are owned by the same parent company but have exactly nothing to do with each other. I have paid for the jacket and received it but now feel a little cheated. The sad thing is I probably would have been perfectly happy without the "by Oxxford" portion, but thinking I was getting an insane deal then realizing the deceptive language I feel stupid.

 

Here is the listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/321119812349?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

 

Grand total was $45.50 shipped. I was thinking of leaving a poor rating because the thread I found said it was deceptive to tie the two together.

 

What do you guys think? Am I just being a little whiny bitch and need to suck it up and do better research next time?

post #70841 of 125208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeluv View Post

As I have posted earlier, I am new at all of this and read a little bit than went nuts and bought 4 jackets on eBay. So my latest is a blue blazer, after I bid I found a thread on it and it looks like I should have done some more research. The listing was "Tom James by Oxxford Clothes Men Hand Made Blue Blazer 44 R Functional Buttons" When I searched for this I came across a thread that told me these are owned by the same parent company but have exactly nothing to do with each other. I have paid for the jacket and received it but now feel a little cheated. The sad thing is I probably would have been perfectly happy without the "by Oxxford" portion, but thinking I was getting an insane deal then realizing the deceptive language I feel stupid.

Here is the listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/321119812349?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Grand total was $45.50 shipped. I was thinking of leaving a poor rating because the thread I found said it was deceptive to tie the two together.

What do you guys think? Am I just being a little whiny bitch and need to suck it up and do better research next time?

That's not a bad looking blazer. If it fits you nicely, I don't think it's money poorly spent. Do you know if it's made with Holland and Sherry fabric? I had one of those awhile ago and really liked, never quite fit right though and ended up getting rid of it.
post #70842 of 125208
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

That's not a bad looking blazer. If it fits you nicely, I don't think it's money poorly spent. Do you know if it's made with Holland and Sherry fabric? I had one of those awhile ago and really liked, never quite fit right though and ended up getting rid of it.

Either he got the measurements mixed up or that was built for someone with gorrilla shoulders and t rex arms.
post #70843 of 125208

This thread usually makes me shake my head in amazement, but the Ferrari...just incredible. Congrats! 

post #70844 of 125208
if you don't mind me asking Spoo, how long did it take to get there? were there any doubts &/or other temptations along the way, and if so, what?
post #70845 of 125208
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Were they really throwing those away out back at Marshalls?

Just the rack, but I was literally on my way to buy a rack at ikea. This one is bigger, better, and free.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread