Chet bringing the knowledge
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 8:30 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 8/20/16 at 4:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 8/26/16 at 3:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4711post #70651 of 1387285/15/13 at 12:06pmpost #70652 of 1387285/15/13 at 12:11pm
Found at vintage shops/websites for my wedding:
Perfectly fitted 1930's morning coat, in amazing condition, for $126 including shipping from SavvyRow.com
Vintage silk plush top hat, some wear to the underbrim, made in Toronto, fits almost perfectly, $150 including shipping in original case, from eBay.
Beautiful, seems like never worn (pockets still stitched shut) dinner suit, made in Austria, virgin wool and 25% mohair. Sleeves need to be shortened, and going to have the jacket waisted, but a perfect fit in the chest and shoulders. Found at a vintage clothing store in Vancouver, BC for $140.post #70653 of 1387285/15/13 at 12:14pmpost #70654 of 1387285/15/13 at 12:14pmpost #70655 of 1387285/15/13 at 12:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by ocooney
Hit a store at lunch. Couldn't leave this on the shelf. I have no idea if it has any value, but it was just too cool.
Crappy pic, but vintage morning coat: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
78 years old and in immaculate shape.
About a 36-38 and available.
Poast in the vintage thread when you get a better pic!post #70656 of 1387285/15/13 at 1:17pm
Hello gents this is ejay415. Firstly my apologies to everyone who messaged me regarding trades and sales. I haven't been ignoring anyone's messages but since my last post in this thread, I've lost access to messages and the ability to post. I guess I was put under a sort of ban that only allows me to log in without any posting or messaging capabilities. All my posts have only been in this thread. This happened after my last one here of a 15 robert graham shirt haul (had I known they'd be such detestable nauseating eyesores to warrant a ban, I wouldn't have ever posted them )
I emailed support regarding the matter multiple times to no avail.
Anyhow, fantastic finds everyone. I have a few to share from the past couple weekspost #70657 of 1387285/15/13 at 1:24pmpost #70658 of 1387285/15/13 at 1:57pm
Hit the store this afternoon and ran across a busted old J Press blazer with some Ben Silver buttons:
There's some wear to them, but they still look good. Will probably be the first thing I try to sell on ebay.
Strangely, it looks like Ben Silver doesn't make these for Cornell anymore.post #70659 of 1387285/15/13 at 2:28pmpost #70660 of 1387285/15/13 at 2:29pmpost #70661 of 1387285/15/13 at 2:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by messenger309
Between thrifting and discount I have been forced into a serious culling of my wardrobe. Going through pants and you'll never guess what rolled outta my pockets...
Spoilered because the thrift tie in is tenuous at best but if you like poker... (Click to show)
A few years ago I ethrifted 400 of these from an archivist who worked for Miramax. They are the actual chips used on the set of the movie Rounders. I think that in the last few years Miramax has released the rest of the chips but at the time they were the only 400 outside of the studio.
The original seller had listed 200 of them in the poker chips section of e bay and was getting little action. I contacted him to make sure he wasn't sitting on thousands of the damn things and when I found out he had only 400 we struck a deal off ebay.
I placed a 200 chip set with a movie type collector in Texas for 12K and sold off the remaining $100 chips in two chip sets for $150 a set.
Or so I thought. Apparently I have one set left!
John Dahl, who directed Rounders, is actually down the hall from me right now. I'll have to see if he knows anything about how much those chips are worth.post #70662 of 1387285/15/13 at 2:30pm
I only have made it to one store recently. Found a couple things.
Awesome Dunn & Co. Harris Tweed. Around 38R. Available.Details (Click to show)
Canvassed. Great condition. Hand Sewn Buttonholes. Label looks to be from 1960s.post #70663 of 1387285/15/13 at 2:33pm
Been keeping up with the thread while working the last week or so. Definitely helped the 12 hour days go by! Anxious to get back to at least my local shop... Saw both a Dunhill and Barbour shirt yesterday, passed on both. Dunhill was in good shape but just didn't seem worth it. Barbour was brown corduroy and was awesome, till I found discoloration in the cuff region. Blarg. Also saw a pair of well worn shoes with what looked like the CP sole from COS. First time finding anything remotely CP like.
It's weird, I feel like there are more record flippers out, and more records coming out. I was at a shop that doesn't announce when new carts are rolling out (some do) and I found a guy sitting in a chair with probably 30 records in his lap. FML, most looked pretty minty, didm't get to see what he took with, but did check his reject stack. He asked a few employees if there was more vinyl coming out they said maybe. He ended up not being able to wait, so the next stack was all mine.
Anyway- Recent grabs
Discos non compactos
Out of the blue still has the original poster and die-cut spaceship/space station cut out thing inside in great condition. I couldn't believe they'd survived the back room.
Ties- Spoo, you need a red tie full of aces? hahaHey why not (Click to show)
Loving the woven with a non-squared tip. Definitely going into my collection, hence not giving a fuck about the brand, though it's made in Italy. Woot. Canali was ridiculously thick, and while the pattern is a bit of a snooze, the feel/condition/colors of the fabric couldn't be left for 1.99. The VV... Any thread card sharks wanna trade a tie for a tie?
Saw this tie and while examining for internal tags...
Edited by Evil Abed - 5/15/13 at 2:51pmpost #70664 of 1387285/15/13 at 2:45pmpost #70665 of 1387285/15/13 at 3:01pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Things you just don't get 10 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 20 seconds ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 6 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 10 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 16 18 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding