Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 8:29 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Today at 7:13 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on Today at 12:12 am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4708post #70606 of 1387285/14/13 at 5:50pmpost #70607 of 1387285/14/13 at 5:55pmpost #70608 of 1387285/14/13 at 6:16pmpost #70609 of 1387285/14/13 at 6:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by LooknGr8
Also am getting into vinyl now because of you freaks. Been picky picky picky at thrift stores, the sifting is not getting me much, ha. Except for some extraordinary classical recordings -- am astounded at the 4-record boxed sets on good labels (Angel, Deutsche Grammophon, etc) shrinkwrapped for a buck. That's where the value is in thrift store vinyl up here at least it seems. A lot of Mitch Miller and Ray Conniff and Montovani Orchestra and Barry Manilow to sift through. Someone crapped a ton of Herb Alpert, Al Hirt and Greek folk LPs in all our SAs and Goodwills up here. But a few things can be grabbed among the dreck.
However this place was like a shot of music heroin, OMG it basically bled me of the few Spoo profits I had sitting around ha burning money on Jimmy Smith and Ramsey Lewis and all manner of vintage keyboad jazz and soul-jazz and O yeah a couple PRestige-Era Miles records I adore. And blues, too.
Wow - Looks like a cool place to spend 3 or so hours crate digging! Also, sorry to hear about your losses.Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by klay49
Not exactly sure what I am looking at here. Anybody familiar with Borrelli's luxury vintage line?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
What eddie said! Nice find!post #70610 of 1387285/14/13 at 6:22pmpost #70611 of 1387285/14/13 at 6:47pmQuote:
I sure do!Quote:Originally Posted by DeadBoy
Just want you to know I gave you a thumb for that fit, but you really ought to get the pants tapered a bit. Also, Alden makes Peal & Co? I thought Peal was always made by C&J or Sargent.
Montreal-based company where they send you several things every month, and whatever you send back whatever you don't like. Everything under $50. Unless it fits you well, it probably isn't worth it. Kind of an abhorrent business model if you ask me, but it is smart for people who wouldn't otherwise go shopping (read: most guys).
Depends on the price, but it looks like kind of a cool piece.
What size IS it?
It's a large I believe. I can check when I get home.post #70612 of 1387285/14/13 at 6:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by messenger309
Between thrifting and discount I have been forced into a serious culling of my wardrobe. Going through pants and you'll never guess what rolled outta my pockets...A few years ago I ethrifted 400 of these from an archivist who worked for Miramax. They are the actual chips used on the set of the movie Rounders. I think that in the last few years Miramax has released the rest of the chips but at the time they were the only 400 outside of the studio.The original seller had listed 200 of them in the poker chips section of e bay and was getting little action. I contacted him to make sure he wasn't sitting on thousands of the damn things and when I found out he had only 400 we struck a deal off ebay.I placed a 200 chip set with a movie type collector in Texas for 12K and sold off the remaining $100 chips in two chip sets for $150 a set.Or so I thought. Apparently I have one set left!
Jebus Cris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plastic money!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$post #70613 of 1387285/14/13 at 6:54pm
Had a productive stop at a favorite little store today. First up: A $20 Hard-bod male (that Brian will travel miles for) THRIFT THREAD SYNERGY!
Much smaller than my current dude, who can't wear anything under a 40. Made my day.
Lorenzini, Ted Baker London(what size is a 6? buttons as a mens), Nat Nast Silk, Paradise Found
BB Makers (TurtleTurtle), Facconable
PRL Braces - a little wear I missed in store
From a different stop, older PS for me in Sea Island. Real nice but sorely needs the treatment.
And an Oxxford tie for me as well. Woohoo.post #70614 of 1387285/14/13 at 7:11pm
e-thrifted these. Probably paid too much. Not too sure what I was thinking.post #70615 of 1387285/14/13 at 7:42pmQuote:
Lets get some pics!Quote:Originally Posted by tben
e-thrifted these. Probably paid too much. Not too sure what I was thinking.
You know what to do with those. The Pancaldi, something else you can do with but the others, you know.post #70616 of 1387285/14/13 at 8:00pmpost #70617 of 1387285/14/13 at 8:39pm
Cross post from trading thread
I'm looking for a tux for prom on the 10th of June. doesn't need to be anything special brand wise, just classic looking. Peak or shawl laples, I would really like Dual or no vents but at this point i would even do single vent. . Needs to be a 36-38 short(17.5ish shoulders, 20ish Pit, 23.5ish sleeve, >30 LOB)
I have trade goodies or money!!!
Thanks!post #70618 of 1387285/14/13 at 8:46pm
As usual, a slight bounty
Pm me if anyone is interested in waist 44 zegna khakis or medium dark wash jeans, I passed them up but I can go back if you're hankerin' for thempost #70619 of 1387285/14/13 at 9:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by messenger309
Actually no. All the chips were made by ASM (American Standard Molding) which IMHO make the best poker chips out there. I much prefer them over the Paulson's (although really we are really splitting hairs here). The thing I like most about the ASM chips is that as they wear you can start to see the brass powder fill show through. Very old school.
Spoo, you should have seen the 200 chip set I sold. Had chips in all denoms from $1 to $500, most of which you never see in the movie.
Never played with ASM, but I sure do love my set of 500 Paulsons... snagged them for $100 at an estate sale.post #70620 of 1387285/14/13 at 10:13pmTwo firsts:
J Press Linen (I assume) herringbone, half-lined, fits me so not available.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
And this Chester Barrie / Hawkes & Co (?) sport coat is definitely hella-vintage, and definitely available.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › #ForBrian : RIP @hbkshin / StyleForum's Help Needed To Aid The... 17 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 21 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 21 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 23 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 31 minutes ago
- › The Definitive MANBAG Thread, Part II: 2014~ 37 minutes ago
- › Brexit 39 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 43 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding