Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 5/20/16 at 6:26am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 5/17/16 at 3:17am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 3/31/16 at 1:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4703post #70531 of 1387285/13/13 at 5:15pmpost #70532 of 1387285/13/13 at 5:23pmpost #70533 of 1387285/13/13 at 5:28pmpost #70534 of 1387285/13/13 at 5:37pmQuote:
It's not mine. Yet.
I'll let you know if I snag it.post #70535 of 1387285/13/13 at 5:40pmpost #70536 of 1387285/13/13 at 5:41pmpost #70537 of 1387285/13/13 at 5:42pm
Not a thrift find, but snagged off the bay for a ridiculously low BIN price.
Brooks Brothers/Peal & Co. Double Monk Leather and Canvas Spectators.
I believe these are the Cooper Monk by Alfred Sargent.
That sidewall script is Alfred Sargent...right?post #70538 of 1387285/13/13 at 5:43pmpost #70539 of 1387285/13/13 at 5:58pmpost #70540 of 1387285/13/13 at 6:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by LooknGr8
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Lord almighty Wes. THe Thrift Shoe Czar. Question for you below.
Ducking in for an update. I've been crazee lately, trip to Austin on business last week, was able to hit 7-8 thrifts off hours like this thing:
Where I found my first Alan McAfee's, in my size.
Thanks CesarC, that Canali came back nice from the tailor. Me on the job in the McAfee's but forgot to pack my damn pocket squares.
Also am getting into vinyl now because of you freaks. Been picky picky picky at thrift stores, the sifting is not getting me much, ha. Except for some extraordinary classical recordings -- am astounded at the 4-record boxed sets on good labels (Angel, Deutsche Grammophon, etc) shrinkwrapped for a buck. That's where the value is in thrift store vinyl up here at least it seems. A lot of Mitch Miller and Ray Conniff and Montovani Orchestra and Barry Manilow to sift through. Someone crapped a ton of Herb Alpert, Al Hirt and Greek folk LPs in all our SAs and Goodwills up here. But a few things can be grabbed among the dreck.
However this place was like a shot of music heroin, OMG it basically bled me of the few Spoo profits I had sitting around ha burning money on Jimmy Smith and Ramsey Lewis and all manner of vintage keyboad jazz and soul-jazz and O yeah a couple PRestige-Era Miles records I adore. And blues, too.
Public service announcement: Hug your hounds, if you have one, and your dad, if he's still around. Lost my dad yesterday, and one of our hounds, Milo, this morning. Both were quite elderly and in failing health, these were not surprises or tragedies...and I am not looking for a big string of sympathy replies or PMs. (Facebook and coworkers and fellow churchgoers are overflowing...and I have a massive extended family. Much support & commiserating. I'm all set. Like, really.) Just reminding you gents, know what you've got before it's gone. Don't get caught up on your own personal treadmills.
So Wes (or anyone else who chooses to chime in), getting to you: where would you rank Wright's Archpreservers on the quality spectrum? I picked these up because they were in really nice shape and were 9Cs, which when I find them typically turn out to be my perfect size for long tromps around trade shows, which my Fitbit says sometimes add up to 10+ miles of walking in a day. Just curious. The soles are super thick but not all leather inside (canvas in the front, leather in the back).
Sorry for your losses. I haven't seen my family over 2 years until my recent trip. I didn't realize how much I miss them until I got back from my trip even though living with them is difficult due to personality differences.Quote:
That's incredible!post #70541 of 1387285/13/13 at 6:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Fueco
Anything good here? Dunhill, Valentino x2, Versace
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Bro, I don't think Dunhill has the "dot" on the "i" in their logo.post #70542 of 1387285/13/13 at 6:04pmpost #70543 of 1387285/13/13 at 6:40pmpost #70544 of 1387285/13/13 at 6:52pmpost #70545 of 1387285/13/13 at 6:56pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 19 seconds ago
- › Vanda Summer Ties 22 seconds ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 35 seconds ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Clinton/Trump Debate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 6 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 18 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › Allen Edmonds fit & sizing help