Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 9:40 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Today at 8:14 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4703post #70531 of 1387285/13/13 at 5:15pmpost #70532 of 1387285/13/13 at 5:23pmpost #70533 of 1387285/13/13 at 5:28pmpost #70534 of 1387285/13/13 at 5:37pmQuote:
It's not mine. Yet.
I'll let you know if I snag it.post #70535 of 1387285/13/13 at 5:40pmpost #70536 of 1387285/13/13 at 5:41pmpost #70537 of 1387285/13/13 at 5:42pm
Not a thrift find, but snagged off the bay for a ridiculously low BIN price.
Brooks Brothers/Peal & Co. Double Monk Leather and Canvas Spectators.
I believe these are the Cooper Monk by Alfred Sargent.
That sidewall script is Alfred Sargent...right?post #70538 of 1387285/13/13 at 5:43pmpost #70539 of 1387285/13/13 at 5:58pmpost #70540 of 1387285/13/13 at 6:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by LooknGr8
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Lord almighty Wes. THe Thrift Shoe Czar. Question for you below.
Ducking in for an update. I've been crazee lately, trip to Austin on business last week, was able to hit 7-8 thrifts off hours like this thing:
Where I found my first Alan McAfee's, in my size.
Thanks CesarC, that Canali came back nice from the tailor. Me on the job in the McAfee's but forgot to pack my damn pocket squares.
Also am getting into vinyl now because of you freaks. Been picky picky picky at thrift stores, the sifting is not getting me much, ha. Except for some extraordinary classical recordings -- am astounded at the 4-record boxed sets on good labels (Angel, Deutsche Grammophon, etc) shrinkwrapped for a buck. That's where the value is in thrift store vinyl up here at least it seems. A lot of Mitch Miller and Ray Conniff and Montovani Orchestra and Barry Manilow to sift through. Someone crapped a ton of Herb Alpert, Al Hirt and Greek folk LPs in all our SAs and Goodwills up here. But a few things can be grabbed among the dreck.
However this place was like a shot of music heroin, OMG it basically bled me of the few Spoo profits I had sitting around ha burning money on Jimmy Smith and Ramsey Lewis and all manner of vintage keyboad jazz and soul-jazz and O yeah a couple PRestige-Era Miles records I adore. And blues, too.
Public service announcement: Hug your hounds, if you have one, and your dad, if he's still around. Lost my dad yesterday, and one of our hounds, Milo, this morning. Both were quite elderly and in failing health, these were not surprises or tragedies...and I am not looking for a big string of sympathy replies or PMs. (Facebook and coworkers and fellow churchgoers are overflowing...and I have a massive extended family. Much support & commiserating. I'm all set. Like, really.) Just reminding you gents, know what you've got before it's gone. Don't get caught up on your own personal treadmills.
So Wes (or anyone else who chooses to chime in), getting to you: where would you rank Wright's Archpreservers on the quality spectrum? I picked these up because they were in really nice shape and were 9Cs, which when I find them typically turn out to be my perfect size for long tromps around trade shows, which my Fitbit says sometimes add up to 10+ miles of walking in a day. Just curious. The soles are super thick but not all leather inside (canvas in the front, leather in the back).
Sorry for your losses. I haven't seen my family over 2 years until my recent trip. I didn't realize how much I miss them until I got back from my trip even though living with them is difficult due to personality differences.Quote:
That's incredible!post #70541 of 1387285/13/13 at 6:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Fueco
Anything good here? Dunhill, Valentino x2, Versace
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Bro, I don't think Dunhill has the "dot" on the "i" in their logo.post #70542 of 1387285/13/13 at 6:04pmpost #70543 of 1387285/13/13 at 6:40pmpost #70544 of 1387285/13/13 at 6:52pmpost #70545 of 1387285/13/13 at 6:56pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 10 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 16 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Dover in E82 Last; Size 8.5/9 UK; Dark Oak Have Been... 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 1 minute ago
- › The Look goes on... 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 7 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 13 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 13 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...