Why can't these stores have the same products you are finding. I live in Dallas, TX and can even find one of the labels you listed above.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 6:03 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 8/20/16 at 4:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 8/26/16 at 3:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4697post #70442 of 1387285/12/13 at 10:41ampost #70443 of 1387285/12/13 at 10:42ampost #70444 of 1387285/12/13 at 10:55ampost #70445 of 1387285/12/13 at 11:00amQuote:Originally Posted by rayxluiQuote:Originally Posted by hooker4186
In the field- who makes for T&A?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Looks like Chester Barrie.
+1 - All the T&A items I've had have been made by Chester Barrie as well.
AND pick it up! They sell for A LOT!post #70446 of 1387285/12/13 at 11:04ampost #70447 of 1387285/12/13 at 11:07am
Unfortunately I didn't take too close a look - I just registered "too small", and moved on. I didn't recognize the name (which seems to garner mixed SF reviews, now that I look) so I assumed they wouldn't be of interest to anyone here. . If anyone reading this is near the Value Village in Bellingham, WA - go take a look. I won't be back there for a few months.post #70448 of 1387285/12/13 at 11:16amQuote:Originally Posted by col1
New here and was looking for a bit of advice. I have always wanted a canali suit and managed to pick one up in like new condition for £40/$60
It is not my size but figured I could get altered. I am taking it tomorrow to a shop to check out how much it will cost but basically I need the trousers taken up by an inch and 2 inches at waist, and need sleeves, jacket length and sides taken in.
I know it won't be cheap but wondered at what point would you guys say the cost of alterations would out weigh just selling it on and trying to get something needing less alterations?
What you have there is a suit that's all around too big for you (except, it sounds like, at the shoulders). For the cost of all those alterations on top of what the suit already cost you, you'd be better off selling it and buying one on eBay or the Marketplace that's more in line with your measurements, or offering it up for a trade here.
Pre-owned Canali suits on eBay cost anywhere from $70-200 on average. The cost of your suit + alterations would very likely be more than that.post #70449 of 1387285/12/13 at 11:25amQuote:
I picked up a real cool Sulka triple button barrel cuff rounded collar with hand stitched holes for a tie pin, dated May 1980
And these linen pants badly in need of a pressing
I don't think I've ever seen JPG on this thread so did I do a bad thingpost #70450 of 1387285/12/13 at 11:25ampost #70451 of 1387285/12/13 at 11:28amQuote:Originally Posted by Brianpore
AND pick it up! They sell for A LOT!
TURNBULL & ASSER - Staple Solid Navy Blue Mens Suit - Size US 44 R
Oh I grabbed it! It's a DB blazer with a ticket pocket, dual vent, pretty sweet looking, should flip well.post #70452 of 1387285/12/13 at 11:33amQuote:
What DM7 said. I've seen people pull amazing stuff out of DFW. It's a big city with lots of money and a good number of shops selling high-end stuff. You just need to work harder.post #70453 of 1387285/12/13 at 12:47pm
Cross-posting from the Vintage Thread
Found a tuxedo jacket the other night. It was custom made by Leopald Morse in Boston Massachusetts. It is dated 1/14/1941 and was made for Mayor Maurice Tobin, mayor of Boston from 1938-1945. I found a photo online of Tobin along side of Massachusetts Attorney General Paul Denver at the Democratic Inaugural Dinner. Paul Denver was in office from 1935-1941. By cross referencing the data with the years of the Democratic Inaugural Dinners for FDR, (1933, 1937, 1941, 1945), there is only one Inaugural Dinner where these two men would have been seen together while holding those offices. Just so happens, the Inaugural dinner is held January 19th (my birthday) the night before the actual Inauguration. While I can't say definitively, it would appear that the tuxedo I found was made for this event and delivered to Mayor Tobin just 5 days earlier. Wouldn't you wear your new suit to the big event? I would.
I have tracked down the owner of a 1941 Inaugural Dinner Menu and Seating Chart and am awaiting a response to see if I can place these two at the table.
Tobin is on the left.
Edited by capnwes - 5/13/13 at 7:19ampost #70454 of 1387285/12/13 at 1:07pmpost #70455 of 1387285/12/13 at 2:43pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How does this Schott peacoat fit? 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Berluti Rollneck Cashmere Sweater -- Size 50 (FW14) 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 7 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 8 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 11 minutes ago
- › University Ball Suit Advice 12 minutes ago
- › NWT Custom ERMENEGILDO ZEGNA MILANO TUXEDO - ONE BUTTON/PEAK LAPEL... 13 minutes ago
- › BNIB Paraboot Vigny Double Monk Noire/Grey Taupe UK11 Norwegian Welt 14 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding