Why can't these stores have the same products you are finding. I live in Dallas, TX and can even find one of the labels you listed above.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 1:57 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Yesterday at 11:41 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 3/31/16 at 1:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4697post #70442 of 1387285/12/13 at 10:41ampost #70443 of 1387285/12/13 at 10:42ampost #70444 of 1387285/12/13 at 10:55ampost #70445 of 1387285/12/13 at 11:00amQuote:Originally Posted by rayxluiQuote:Originally Posted by hooker4186
In the field- who makes for T&A?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Looks like Chester Barrie.
+1 - All the T&A items I've had have been made by Chester Barrie as well.
AND pick it up! They sell for A LOT!post #70446 of 1387285/12/13 at 11:04ampost #70447 of 1387285/12/13 at 11:07am
Unfortunately I didn't take too close a look - I just registered "too small", and moved on. I didn't recognize the name (which seems to garner mixed SF reviews, now that I look) so I assumed they wouldn't be of interest to anyone here. . If anyone reading this is near the Value Village in Bellingham, WA - go take a look. I won't be back there for a few months.post #70448 of 1387285/12/13 at 11:16amQuote:Originally Posted by col1
New here and was looking for a bit of advice. I have always wanted a canali suit and managed to pick one up in like new condition for £40/$60
It is not my size but figured I could get altered. I am taking it tomorrow to a shop to check out how much it will cost but basically I need the trousers taken up by an inch and 2 inches at waist, and need sleeves, jacket length and sides taken in.
I know it won't be cheap but wondered at what point would you guys say the cost of alterations would out weigh just selling it on and trying to get something needing less alterations?
What you have there is a suit that's all around too big for you (except, it sounds like, at the shoulders). For the cost of all those alterations on top of what the suit already cost you, you'd be better off selling it and buying one on eBay or the Marketplace that's more in line with your measurements, or offering it up for a trade here.
Pre-owned Canali suits on eBay cost anywhere from $70-200 on average. The cost of your suit + alterations would very likely be more than that.post #70449 of 1387285/12/13 at 11:25amQuote:
I picked up a real cool Sulka triple button barrel cuff rounded collar with hand stitched holes for a tie pin, dated May 1980
And these linen pants badly in need of a pressing
I don't think I've ever seen JPG on this thread so did I do a bad thingpost #70450 of 1387285/12/13 at 11:25ampost #70451 of 1387285/12/13 at 11:28amQuote:Originally Posted by Brianpore
AND pick it up! They sell for A LOT!
TURNBULL & ASSER - Staple Solid Navy Blue Mens Suit - Size US 44 R
Oh I grabbed it! It's a DB blazer with a ticket pocket, dual vent, pretty sweet looking, should flip well.post #70452 of 1387285/12/13 at 11:33amQuote:
What DM7 said. I've seen people pull amazing stuff out of DFW. It's a big city with lots of money and a good number of shops selling high-end stuff. You just need to work harder.post #70453 of 1387285/12/13 at 12:47pm
Cross-posting from the Vintage Thread
Found a tuxedo jacket the other night. It was custom made by Leopald Morse in Boston Massachusetts. It is dated 1/14/1941 and was made for Mayor Maurice Tobin, mayor of Boston from 1938-1945. I found a photo online of Tobin along side of Massachusetts Attorney General Paul Denver at the Democratic Inaugural Dinner. Paul Denver was in office from 1935-1941. By cross referencing the data with the years of the Democratic Inaugural Dinners for FDR, (1933, 1937, 1941, 1945), there is only one Inaugural Dinner where these two men would have been seen together while holding those offices. Just so happens, the Inaugural dinner is held January 19th (my birthday) the night before the actual Inauguration. While I can't say definitively, it would appear that the tuxedo I found was made for this event and delivered to Mayor Tobin just 5 days earlier. Wouldn't you wear your new suit to the big event? I would.
I have tracked down the owner of a 1941 Inaugural Dinner Menu and Seating Chart and am awaiting a response to see if I can place these two at the table.
Tobin is on the left.
Edited by capnwes - 5/13/13 at 7:19ampost #70454 of 1387285/12/13 at 1:07pmpost #70455 of 1387285/12/13 at 2:43pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Motorcycles 1 minute ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 7 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 14 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 15 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts