Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 9:27 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 8/20/16 at 4:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on Today at 3:28 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4689post #70321 of 1387285/9/13 at 8:12pmpost #70322 of 1387285/9/13 at 8:17pmA weird old pair of C&J's, purchased in Jo-berg, surely in the bad old days.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
They fit, so I'll see how beautiful I can make them before I decide whether or not to flip.post #70323 of 1387285/9/13 at 8:20pmpost #70324 of 1387285/9/13 at 8:23pmpost #70325 of 1387285/9/13 at 8:24pm
Haven't forgotten about that polo, I'll mail it to you eventually.
Actually I lied about that being my only celebrity clothing. Found five of Antonio Harvey's suits.
Edited by Friskydingo - 5/9/13 at 8:35pmpost #70326 of 1387285/9/13 at 8:28pmpost #70327 of 1387285/9/13 at 8:42pmAlso, I came close to buying this old suit. I guess a lot of Pac NW businessmen travel to Hong Kong, so I find stuff from HK tailors in the thrifts all the time. This 1970s suit has a crazy high waist, but I actually kind of liked the look - I just couldn't pull the trigger. Thoughts? Would any of you rock it?post #70328 of 1387285/9/13 at 9:00pmpost #70329 of 1387285/9/13 at 9:07pmI'm BACK, bitches!
No, not really. Life still chaos. But DID go to work today (see thrift fit below) and DID hit a couple stores.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Vintage unlined Scottish wool
Unknown cotton sq, hand rolled
(Colors are all washed out; natural light sucked)
Testoni worn maybe 1x, my size and should look awesome once shined.
Cole Hahn hand made in Italy, welted and sewn sole -- this is the good stuff, 8.5D I think
AE some name I can't remember cap toe blutcher. Needs TLC, but lovely oxblood color. 10.5D Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Shirts: Borrelli (hand sewn collar), Chang
Orvis (good stuff, I think) forest green cord, with all the features - removable throat latch, patch pockets, shooting vents at shoulders. 42R, and keeping for now
Southwick linen. 38R. Available Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Crombie wool/cashmere 40R. Prolly an orphan.
PRL solid gray 6 over 2 DB, dual vent, USA made. 46L Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Ties. All from one. Freaking. Store.
L to R: Brioni, Gianni (never heard of it but like so I'm keeping), PRL, VV (kid size), Hermes, E. Zegna, Luciano Barbera, Versace V2, Ferragamo, RLPL NWT x 2 (YO SPOO: That gray dot look familiar? )
The Ferragamo and Brioni seem NWOT, which I could believe given the RLPLs are NWT.
Oh, and the Torneau watch for Praxair. This may have been a mistake. It's very nice, but I think I overpaid. If anyone needs a last minute mother's day gift, let me know. All reasonable offers considered (whether it covers my cost or not).post #70330 of 1387285/9/13 at 9:12pmpost #70331 of 1387285/9/13 at 9:19pmpost #70332 of 1387285/9/13 at 9:22pmpost #70333 of 1387285/9/13 at 9:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by capnwes
A proper "Hello" to these. Some random scuffing on the instep, I suppose from rattling around in the box for years.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Welcome back GMMcL, those shoes....post #70334 of 1387285/9/13 at 9:55pm
I found 3 Samuelsohn 3 piece (vest) suits today from the early 1970s. My knowledge of Samuelsohn is limited. Is this a good period or a less desirable period?
Also, I have limited Bachrach knowledge. Have passed on many until today. Hard to pass up 100% cashmere, made in Italy. This seems to be a little more casual.. almost an overcoat, but not nearly as long? Do they make their own items?
Also, not pictured has been a bumper crop of Charvet ties. I passed up on a polyester Charvet tie a month ago, and ever since then, the nice silk ones have been popping up everywhere. I like it!post #70335 of 1387285/9/13 at 10:19pmCouple stores after work myself...some ok pickups...some bizarre, and one non clothing find that I thought I would never find in a thrift.
couple nice Alden loafers - should clean up nicely
nice PRL jacket, unstructured, patch pockets
And now for the bizarre!
vintage wrestling boots - these are actually kinda nicely made...vinyl on outside, leather lined, headed to the bay
and for the non clothing find...anyone else got one of these?
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 2 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 3 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 4 minutes ago
- › Please help me with shoes! 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 7 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 8 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding