Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/4/16 at 5:47am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Today at 10:19 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4689post #70321 of 1387285/9/13 at 8:12pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #70322 of 1387285/9/13 at 8:17pmA weird old pair of C&J's, purchased in Jo-berg, surely in the bad old days.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
They fit, so I'll see how beautiful I can make them before I decide whether or not to flip.post #70323 of 1387285/9/13 at 8:20pmpost #70324 of 1387285/9/13 at 8:23pmpost #70325 of 1387285/9/13 at 8:24pm
Haven't forgotten about that polo, I'll mail it to you eventually.
Actually I lied about that being my only celebrity clothing. Found five of Antonio Harvey's suits.
Edited by Friskydingo - 5/9/13 at 8:35pmpost #70326 of 1387285/9/13 at 8:28pmpost #70327 of 1387285/9/13 at 8:42pmAlso, I came close to buying this old suit. I guess a lot of Pac NW businessmen travel to Hong Kong, so I find stuff from HK tailors in the thrifts all the time. This 1970s suit has a crazy high waist, but I actually kind of liked the look - I just couldn't pull the trigger. Thoughts? Would any of you rock it?post #70328 of 1387285/9/13 at 9:00pmpost #70329 of 1387285/9/13 at 9:07pmI'm BACK, bitches!
No, not really. Life still chaos. But DID go to work today (see thrift fit below) and DID hit a couple stores.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Vintage unlined Scottish wool
Unknown cotton sq, hand rolled
(Colors are all washed out; natural light sucked)
Testoni worn maybe 1x, my size and should look awesome once shined.
Cole Hahn hand made in Italy, welted and sewn sole -- this is the good stuff, 8.5D I think
AE some name I can't remember cap toe blutcher. Needs TLC, but lovely oxblood color. 10.5D Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Shirts: Borrelli (hand sewn collar), Chang
Orvis (good stuff, I think) forest green cord, with all the features - removable throat latch, patch pockets, shooting vents at shoulders. 42R, and keeping for now
Southwick linen. 38R. Available Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Crombie wool/cashmere 40R. Prolly an orphan.
PRL solid gray 6 over 2 DB, dual vent, USA made. 46L Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Ties. All from one. Freaking. Store.
L to R: Brioni, Gianni (never heard of it but like so I'm keeping), PRL, VV (kid size), Hermes, E. Zegna, Luciano Barbera, Versace V2, Ferragamo, RLPL NWT x 2 (YO SPOO: That gray dot look familiar? )
The Ferragamo and Brioni seem NWOT, which I could believe given the RLPLs are NWT.
Oh, and the Torneau watch for Praxair. This may have been a mistake. It's very nice, but I think I overpaid. If anyone needs a last minute mother's day gift, let me know. All reasonable offers considered (whether it covers my cost or not).post #70330 of 1387285/9/13 at 9:12pmpost #70331 of 1387285/9/13 at 9:19pmpost #70332 of 1387285/9/13 at 9:22pmpost #70333 of 1387285/9/13 at 9:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by capnwes
A proper "Hello" to these. Some random scuffing on the instep, I suppose from rattling around in the box for years.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Welcome back GMMcL, those shoes....post #70334 of 1387285/9/13 at 9:55pm
I found 3 Samuelsohn 3 piece (vest) suits today from the early 1970s. My knowledge of Samuelsohn is limited. Is this a good period or a less desirable period?
Also, I have limited Bachrach knowledge. Have passed on many until today. Hard to pass up 100% cashmere, made in Italy. This seems to be a little more casual.. almost an overcoat, but not nearly as long? Do they make their own items?
Also, not pictured has been a bumper crop of Charvet ties. I passed up on a polyester Charvet tie a month ago, and ever since then, the nice silk ones have been popping up everywhere. I like it!post #70335 of 1387285/9/13 at 10:19pmCouple stores after work myself...some ok pickups...some bizarre, and one non clothing find that I thought I would never find in a thrift.
couple nice Alden loafers - should clean up nicely
nice PRL jacket, unstructured, patch pockets
And now for the bizarre!
vintage wrestling boots - these are actually kinda nicely made...vinyl on outside, leather lined, headed to the bay
and for the non clothing find...anyone else got one of these?
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 11 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 15 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 16 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...