or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4661

post #69901 of 136843
I don't often wear v-necks with sports coats... except when it's below freezing in the morning.

Almost everything thrifted or SF purchased.





  • Local menswear private label sports coat, circa 1960s (see Mad Men season 4).
  • BB OCBD
  • BR Made in Italy silk knit tie (purchased retail, 19 years ago)
  • Pringle's knit v-neck, SF purchase from when I first joined 6 or so years ago.
  • EZ cords
  • Dack's camel skin shoes.
post #69902 of 136843
Bunch of misses today... Calvin Klein Collection made in Italy (that's the good stuff right?) wool/cotton suit with too much wear in the pants, orphaned Sulka and some other stuff. Did find these though:


NWT Luciano Barbera Cords (58)
post #69903 of 136843
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikethelights View Post

Bunch of misses today... Calvin Klein Collection made in Italy (that's the good stuff right?) wool/cotton suit with too much wear in the pants, orphaned Sulka and some other stuff. Did find these though:


NWT Luciano Barbera Cords (58)

Saw the orphan Sulka on Monday. Charcoal gray suit jacket right? Made me sad to leave but turned the store upside-down looking for the pants with no luck.
post #69904 of 136843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataku View Post

Saw the orphan Sulka on Monday. Charcoal gray suit jacket right? Made me sad to leave but turned the store upside-down looking for the pants with no luck.

Yeah, that's the one
post #69905 of 136843
Outdoors fans check this out... Alpine Designs Down jacket with cotton paisley print liner. Minty fresh. 1960s? It's definitely old...

post #69906 of 136843
Got these at a consignment shop today. They were expensive and needed some tlc in the form of the Mac method are a tiny bit big on me but I've been wanting a pair of these forever. C&j for polo Darlton shell shortwings.


post #69907 of 136843

Not much at the thrifts this week....other than 9 pairs of women's designer jeans for a female flipper friend that is not having much luck lately.

 

Did get a sweet payoff today. Had a small pile of rough cut lumber sitting in the back yard for a few years. It is various cut sizes of ash. The engineer at my work is building some furniture. He came over today and took it off my hands for $200 and a bottle of Bulleit Bourbon. Considering I didn't pay anything for it, I think that's a pretty good deal. It would have just rotted out there anyway.

post #69908 of 136843
AppleMark

A little beat up, going to give it a good cleaning, has some snags. Navy, 3 button with a ticket pocket.
AppleMark

Khakis
post #69909 of 136843
Shout out to Highlifeman for hooking me up with a sweet pair of VV seersucker crab shorts! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #69910 of 136843

Shout out to Brianpore whom I just sent a Brooks Brothers Makers Grenadine in trade for a Limited Edition Patek Philippe....   (tie, made by Zegna).  

 

 

Only one store today, but picked up a few items from brands for the first time:

 

Tombolini 56EU Suit (Italy) - Passed on one before, but this is pretty close to my size and it felt nice.

 

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Mabro 56EU Sportcoat (Italy) - Never seen it before, but thought it looked / felt nice enough to look up.  Apparently, ebay folks really like the brand.

 

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Snagged a few ties too -  Laurant Benon (just liked it), Hermes (not my first, but the first one that had "bugs" on it.  Seems closer to Ferragamo), Burberry London and my first Luciano Barbera.

 

 

 

post #69911 of 136843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Erickson View Post

To all the people I have to ship to...
I won't be able to get around to it for a little bit some serious family stuff has come up
Hope everything turns out OK. Sending thoughts and prayers your way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Did get a sweet payoff today. Had a small pile of rough cut lumber sitting in the back yard for a few years. It is various cut sizes of ash. The engineer at my work is building some furniture. He came over today and took it off my hands for $200 and a bottle of Bulleit Bourbon. Considering I didn't pay anything for it, I think that's a pretty good deal. It would have just rotted out there anyway.

Pretty sure he's thinking he got the better end of that deal. Do you know how rare Ash is becoming with all the stinking invasive bugs? Or what an absolute joy it is to work from a woodworker's perspective? I just hope you bucked it into lengths of 3' or more (preferably closer to 5-6'). Nothing pisses me off more than to see a beautiful 200+ year old white oak or maple felled in a storm or for construction and bucked into 2' lengths. WTF is anyone going to build with THAT? What an incredible waste.
post #69912 of 136843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Erickson View Post

To all the people I have to ship to...
I won't be able to get around to it for a little bit some serious family stuff has come up

Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Hope all will turn out well.
post #69913 of 136843
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

Hope everything turns out OK. Sending thoughts and prayers your way.
Pretty sure he's thinking he got the better end of that deal. Do you know how rare Ash is becoming with all the stinking invasive bugs? Or what an absolute joy it is to work from a woodworker's perspective? I just hope you bucked it into lengths of 3' or more (preferably closer to 5-6'). Nothing pisses me off more than to see a beautiful 200+ year old white oak or maple felled in a storm or for construction and bucked into 2' lengths. WTF is anyone going to build with THAT? What an incredible waste.

Yes I know what it's worth, but since I don't really have the tools available to work with it, it would have been wasted in my possession. Was all in 8'-16' lengths. 4"-16" wide. Pretty good stuff.
post #69914 of 136843
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Yes I know what it's worth, but since I don't really have the tools available to work with it, it would have been wasted in my possession. Was all in 8'-16' lengths. 4"-16" wide. Pretty good stuff.

fing02[1].gif

Hells yeah, it was.

Keep me in mind the next time a similar tree falls.
post #69915 of 136843
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post


fing02[1].gif

Hells yeah, it was.

Keep me in mind the next time a similar tree falls.

Was all 4/4 cut too. It wasn't a whole lot, maybe 250 board feet with some scrap spots. He may have got me by 50-100 bucks, but his workflow to me directly affects my thrifting hours.....so.

 

Remember I got it for free and it's out of my way now too, so it's all good.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread