I doubt they are worth much, but if you like them, wear them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/4/16 at 5:47am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Yesterday at 10:19 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4655
Styleforum Top Pickspost #69812 of 1387284/29/13 at 9:32pm
Hahaha, I thought this same thing today. Was at a symposium where the obvious rockstar giving the best talk was sporting beige worsted pants, high-quality wool or wool+silk blend slate-blue jacket, white twill button-collar, and then these crazy kelly green wingtips. Wingtips were cool, but was so irritated that they didn't gel with the rest of the look, which was also cool. Of course he could get away wearing it, since he had the technical chops to speak for his lack of sartorial tact, but I wished he'd gone harder. At first glance I almost suspected it was Klobber until I saw the shoes.... but then I realized wrong sub-field anyway.Quote:Originally Posted by txwoodworkerQuote:Originally Posted by DanM
Sweet. I find two pairs of forgotten Nantucket reds, and The Onion posts this: http://www.theonion.com/articles/man-purchasing-pair-of-red-pants-better-be-ready-t,32136/
Holy shit that's spot on. Which is, of course what makes it so funny.post #69813 of 1387284/29/13 at 10:04pmpost #69814 of 1387284/29/13 at 10:44pmpost #69815 of 1387284/30/13 at 12:41ampost #69816 of 1387284/30/13 at 3:06ampost #69817 of 1387284/30/13 at 3:51amQuote:Originally Posted by pnutpug
Hmm. I've seen Biltrite heels before, but never like those and usually, if not always, as replacement heels, so I'm thinking those heels are not original. If you have to ask, I'm guessing that there is no indication inside the shoes. The old school Florsheim grails always have Imperial embroidered on the inner side and printed on the insole--the insole can wear off, but the inner side label is permanent. Do the soles have the five-nail pattern at mid-shoe? Any country of origin indicated?
I have two pairs of Imperials sans v-cleat and without the embroidered inner labels that are still very nice and made in USA (off-shore Florsheims are crap). I believe they have rubber heels, but I'm out of town at the moment and can't recall for sure. Certainly, they don't have heels like that. If they aren't Florsheim, Hanover and Nettleton also made equally nice longwings back in the day.
I guessed Florsheim because the only time I've seen these heels was on a pair of shell LWBs I picked up a few months back that were clearly marked as Flors, but these don't have the interior embroidered lablel - I wasn't sure if the heels were aftermarket or not.
There are a few gold letters visible in the heel pad but not enough for a positive ID, and the sizing letters/numbers could be any number of makers. No C/O indicated, but these are on par with older Florsheims and similar quality USA made shoes I've handled in past, solid goodyear welt and all that. I'm not too stressed about the maker as I am keeping them but yeah, it's always fun to try and figure out whoe made 'em.post #69818 of 1387284/30/13 at 6:04ampost #69819 of 1387284/30/13 at 6:24ampost #69820 of 1387284/30/13 at 7:03ampost #69821 of 1387284/30/13 at 7:42ampost #69822 of 1387284/30/13 at 7:52ampost #69823 of 1387284/30/13 at 7:57ampost #69824 of 1387284/30/13 at 7:58ampost #69825 of 1387284/30/13 at 9:26amSo many great hauls guys! Kiton, Brioni, Cucinelli, multiple pairs of JM Westons......wow! Too many to comment on but keep em commin'!
Eddie: Wow. I am lost for words. Those hauls are pureQuote:
What size would this be?
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 second ago
- › LEMAIRE 13 seconds ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Raw Ingredient and Mise en Place porn thread. 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Mens Jewelry / Bracelets 12 minutes ago
- › The Official Carmina Sizing Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...