I agree! I just did the same thing today. What was an even bigger treat was freeing up closet space in the bedroom and the front entrance that had been clogged with heavy winter wear.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4651post #69751 of 1387284/28/13 at 8:07pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #69752 of 1387284/28/13 at 8:10pmpost #69753 of 1387284/28/13 at 8:17pmpost #69754 of 1387284/28/13 at 8:25pmpost #69755 of 1387284/28/13 at 8:26pm
Sweet. I find two pairs of forgotten Nantucket reds, and The Onion posts this: http://www.theonion.com/articles/man-purchasing-pair-of-red-pants-better-be-ready-t,32136/post #69756 of 1387284/28/13 at 8:30pmQuote:
I gave up on trying to list the rest tonight. We went over to a friend's house for dinner and after a couple of drinks I'm too tired. I use a binder, pictured below, to record the measurements and price. When I buy the item I'll write it down in the binder with the price, then come back to it when I measure it. Not sure how you guys do it, but having the binder seems to save me some time. Once it gets too thick I'll transfer the old pages into a larger binder for storage. I used to record my prices in excel, but that became far too much work and with the Outright program eBay offers, I no longer need my spreadsheet. The biggest time saver is using Garage Sale to list the items.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Oh, and of course Eddie's haul is mind blowing. I would defecate if I saw some of that in a thrift store.post #69757 of 1387284/28/13 at 9:41pmpost #69758 of 1387284/28/13 at 9:51pmpost #69759 of 1387284/28/13 at 10:02pm
Nice stuff Eddie and Wes, but Cotton Dockers, yours is my favorite (but Eddie, so much Kiton.....)Quote:Originally Posted by Cotton Dockers
These pics turned out way worse than I wanted, but I thought this was a rather cool find:
Vintage, midnight blue tux from...
1950! I did a little research and it looks like this was the tailoring house that made all of Ronald Reagan's clothing.post #69760 of 1387284/28/13 at 10:05pmpost #69761 of 1387284/28/13 at 10:11pmpost #69762 of 1387284/28/13 at 10:28pmpost #69763 of 1387284/28/13 at 11:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ejay415
^^Ejay350gt I was mistakenly logged in to a forgotten account. Please delete. Sorry.
My GW find today:
Robert Grahams all the same size. 15 in all
Dear God, that's a pretty sweet haul. You could have some sort of weird costume party where everyone dresses up as skeet rags!!post #69764 of 1387284/29/13 at 12:23ampost #69765 of 1387284/29/13 at 2:44amQuote:
That might be a messy party. Is there any way to I.D. the particular model or edition of a RG shirt? They all seem to have the same CA and RN numbers on the tag. It would be nice to know if any are 'limited edition'
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Vicuna Topcoat? 1 minute ago
- › White Dinner Jacket/Tuxedo Jacket for Houston wedding 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Missing posters 6 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 10 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 10 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?