Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 2:59 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 5/17/16 at 3:17am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 3/31/16 at 1:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4643post #69631 of 1387284/26/13 at 6:22pmpost #69632 of 1387284/26/13 at 6:33pmpost #69633 of 1387284/26/13 at 6:40pm
Took my monthly pilgrimage to a fave spot that's a 4-hour drive...usually worth it, but not always. Here's most, but not all, of what I grabbed today (all unavailable). This stuff is not from a thrift store - it's a resale shop that usually has a lot of regular stuff and occasionally some nice stuff...and they price it accordingly but every so often they under-price things, and when they do, I grab it.
Two Saddlers Union card cases, made in Italy (natch) with original Barneys New York price tags showing $210 retail. Stuffed into a way-too-big Saddlers Union bag for some reason.
Brooks Brothers reversible (?) bucket hat.
NWT Burberry Brit silk tie, made in England.
Duchamp silk tie.
Trio of NWT Tyrwhitt silk ties.
NWOT Dolce & Gabbana tie.
Paul Smith tie.
Odd one - "Princeton Class of 1941" tie.
NWT Etro tie.
NWT Robert Graham long sleeve shirt.
NWT Brooks Brothers short sleeve Irish linen shirt.
Brooks Brothers 1818 Madison blazer, of Ing. Loro Piana fabric.
Alfred Dunhill blazer, made in Italy.
Southwick blazer for Norton Ditto.
Jack Victor blazer.
The deal of the year (for me). Movado Vizio watch, in case, with box and manual (no tags, no warranty card). Model 0606082. Retails for $1,995 and I will break with tradition here and let you kind fellows know that I paid $xx (redacted - listing it on eBay shortly) plus tax for it.
Also picked up a very nice Burberry cashmere blend blazer, NWT Arc'teryx shirt, Uniqlo down-filled jacket for myself, down-filled vest for my sister (who wanted one for Xmas but hell if I was going to pay retail for something like that), and a few other things I am forgetting.
Edited by TheNeedMachine - 4/27/13 at 4:31pmpost #69634 of 1387284/26/13 at 7:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by ATLjon
No thrift-thread buying (or otherwise) for me for the foreseeable, I think. We're meeting with a mortgage broker today to "go over our options," which apparently include a sweet no-money-down, no PMI, low interest deal because of I don't know.
Any advice from the homeowners in the crowd?
I bought my house in Acworth about a year ago with 3% down, and a credit score of 770. You can get legit zero-down mortgages but you still pay for that one way or another - obviously at least a bit higher monthly payment. I don't know how you're getting around not paying PMI - it's pretty much standard you'd have to pay private mortgage insurance since you're putting less than 20% down - so that seems iffy to me. The whole mortgage crisis was from folks lending money to people who they never should have - - - they are now lending money again, at low rates - to people with good credit scores, steady employment, and who can afford it, so it's not surprising one can still get a good rate and zero down...it's only the no PMI that seems off to me but maybe things have changed in the last year. My advice: get pre-approved from minimum 2 lenders, maybe 3, and shop for good rates from reputable lenders...not JimBob's Mortgage and Live Bait in Newnan. My brother-in-law is an agent at Coldwell Banker in Douglasville, though he works in other offices as well (Marietta and 1 or 2 others I think - they work where they're needed and what's closest to the property). Million-dollar seller and all that - so - if you need an agent, I don't get a kick-back or anything, and he does right by his clients.
Good luck!post #69635 of 1387284/26/13 at 8:25pmQuote:
Ok....so I lied....again.
I didn't get any pics taken tonight. I did, however, clean up my inventory to be ready for processing items tomorrow. Keep the popcorn hot.post #69636 of 1387284/26/13 at 8:54pmpost #69637 of 1387284/26/13 at 8:56pmpost #69638 of 1387284/26/13 at 9:56pm
so like many lost young souls I started my sartorial journey by searching "menswear blog" and lo and behold I became just another pawn in the conspiracy between dan trepanier and the government to make all of our young men dress like foppish tools. luckily through perseverance and dumb luck I escaped the cult of tsb...
recently I decided to check it out again, it has gotten better many of the looks are ones that would even get you flammed on the wiwt threads for more than a few pages (some are actually quite good *gasp*) one area they have not improved at all in is readers... for instance take a look at the april giveaway
like wtf is this *unh my name is demitri I am about to go do coke off my girlfriends back in the supply closet of forever 21, she made me wear these glasses because she said they make me look like that ryan golstling dude, also check out these shoes I am wearing because I just got off my boat I parked outside, ps my shirt was made out of my grandmas tablecloth*
spoo, eazy, gmmcl, org, and most frequently posting members with access to okay cameras would win that in a heartbeat... (also I was possibly too harsh in the comments section considering I met one of them in real life and am younger than all of them...)post #69639 of 1387284/26/13 at 9:56pmpost #69640 of 1387284/26/13 at 10:02pmQuote:
But then they'd have to be associated with TSB, which is not ideal
Also, I first found styleforum because I used to post on the 4chan fashion board. I guess everybody has their own pathpost #69641 of 1387284/26/13 at 10:06pmpost #69642 of 1387284/26/13 at 10:18pmpost #69643 of 1387284/26/13 at 10:39pm
*creaks slowly into motion to type a post*
what is this noob progression you speak of? bah, humbug!
I actually went out and hit a store or two the other day on a lark, found an RLPL l/s shirt with a tiny hole in the front pocket for 2 bucks. Figure someone will want it.
Someday I'm going to liquidate my sort-of-massive inventory... someday...
Also, I finally got around to doing my shoe update post at long last - I know a lot of you guys don't neccessarily read MC (or didn't) so here's a link - opinions, thoughts, comments, suggestions all welcomed:
*squeaks to a halt as oil in joints runs out*post #69644 of 1387284/26/13 at 10:58pmpost #69645 of 1387284/27/13 at 3:56am
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 12 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 27 seconds ago
- › Friday Challenge May 20, 2016 : The particular jacket challenge 1 minute ago
- › Why We Like and Find Greenfrog Interesting. 2 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding