or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 465

post #6961 of 125204
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Style View Post
First post. Thought I would share this find from today. Pair of excellent condition Florsheim Imperials in a size 10D for 4 whole bucks!!!

C- Congratulations and welcome to the Forum. Not quite sure how I feel about those shoes, but for $4, I'd have grabbed them too. Good find.
post #6962 of 125204
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Style View Post
First post. Thought I would share this find from today. Pair of excellent condition Florsheim Imperials in a size 10D for 4 whole bucks!!!

Welcome Aboard!
post #6963 of 125204
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Style View Post
First post. Thought I would share this find from today. Pair of excellent condition Florsheim Imperials in a size 10D for 4 whole bucks!!![/IMG]

I like those: the style is pretty unique. I'd have bought them just because they were different enough to justify bringing home another pair of shoes.

Welcome to the group. The new guys are responsible for bring snacks to the Thrifters Anonymous meetings!
post #6964 of 125204
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBTX66 View Post
I'd have bought them just because they were different enough to justify bringing home another XXXX.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has a penchant for doing this.
post #6965 of 125204
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92m3 View Post
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has a penchant for doing this.

Sounds like what I do with tweed jackets. My wife insists I have five of the same jacket; I insist they are clearly distinct pieces. I don't know who's right, anymore :\\
post #6966 of 125204
Quote:
Originally Posted by randob300 View Post
Found a pair of vintage Nettletons with orginal soles and only minor bumps and bruises. Unfortunately, these are size 7, but given my recent dry-spell, I have to consider this a win.




Wow wish I saw you had these on ebay before winning a pair of somewhat similar looking Royal Imperials... :-/
post #6967 of 125204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob01 View Post
Wow wish I saw you had these on before winning a pair of somewhat similar looking Royal Imperials... :-/
Damn, you mean my awesome attempt at salesmanship, "Nettleton was considered America's finest shoemaker and here's your chance to own the iconic American shoe: the Longwing." isn't enough for you to consider another pair? Ha! In all honesty, they are great looking shoes that have a really nice 'worn in but not abused look.' The original owner did take good care of these and, due to the lack of creasing and bend in the sole, almost certainly used trees. Size 7 isn't exactly the easiest to unload, if you're interested in a second pair, PM me and we can work out a deal on here; I haven't had any offers on eBay, yet, and I'd like to make some room.
post #6968 of 125204
Thanks for the wonderful welcome everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBTX66 View Post
I like those: the style is pretty unique. I'd have bought them just because they were different enough to justify bringing home another pair of shoes.

Welcome to the group. The new guys are responsible for bring snacks to the Thrifters Anonymous meetings!

I thought they were kinda unique as well. I was mostly amazed at the great condition they were in..
post #6969 of 125204
Today's goodies:
Alan Flusser lambswool cashmere blazer in dark brown plaid,
Graham & Gunn golden plaid blazer, both in my size!
Also an Italian wool suit from Macy's,
Passed on a Ralph Lauren/Dillards two piece brown striped suit.
Also found/bought a vintage pair of Florshiem Imp. sz 7 3E black ankle boot w/ buckle,
Black Polo Ralph Lauren loafers sz 12
Bill Blass sz 9 Italian chili brown loafers
post #6970 of 125204
While checking out a Goodwill in East Harlem yesterday I came across one of these (good for several calibers) ... used: http://cgi.ebay.com/USED-Hoppes-Gun-...item335b06d858 I can't, nor do I want, to imagine the history.
post #6971 of 125204
Just scored a Brooks Brothers tux for $50.00 (it is used, of course, but in great condition)... 95% off rules!
post #6972 of 125204
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83glt View Post
While checking out a Goodwill in East Harlem yesterday I came across one of these (good for several calibers) ... used:

http://cgi.ebay.com/USED-Hoppes-Gun-...item335b06d858

I can't, nor do I want, to imagine the history.


Haha wow, I have that exact kit. It's a good 30 years old now.
post #6973 of 125204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataku View Post
Haha wow, I have that exact kit. It's a good 30 years old now.
All I can say is that I've never seen deer in East Harlem....
post #6974 of 125204
Yeah.....that does indeed make you wonder, but the kit can be used for any firearm with a long barrel, even a little .22 rifle.
post #6975 of 125204
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83glt View Post
All I can say is that I've never seen deer in East Harlem....

You can do more with a firearm than shoot deer. Steel, paper, rabbits...and who says the owner never shot in upstate NY?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread