or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 464

post #6946 of 109314
Have been pretty busy lately but today decided to go thrifting. Here is a pic of today's loot.



2 Ascot Chang shirts
Charles Tyhwhitt
Boss
Holland & Sherry trousers
Express trousers
Burberry Tie
Zegna tie
post #6947 of 109314
Paul Stuart camelhair sportcoat in herringbone with an alternating overcheck. Nearly brand new, and close enough to my size at a 39R so that I'll get some good wear out if it.
post #6948 of 109314
I've had a few good shoe finds in the last few days. Along with the Florsheim Imperial longwings I have posted in B&S, I got another (slightly more worn) pair of FILs in black. And today I picked up these Alden 911s in burnished tan calf. They couldn't have been worn more than twice. $19.91. They're 13 Es and may be staying right here if I decide the looseness in the heel isn't too bad.
post #6949 of 109314
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinasity View Post
Have been pretty busy lately but today decided to go thrifting. Here is a pic of today's loot.



2 Ascot Chang shirts
Charles Tyhwhitt
Boss
Holland & Sherry trousers
Express trousers
Burberry Tie
Zegna tie

Good Lord! You're definitely on a hot streak right now.
post #6950 of 109314
A nice vintage Nunn Bush Pebble-grain shoe in a great walnut patina, back when NB competed very well with Florsheim.

See any cracks in the leather after all these years? Just barely wrinkling in the creases.

Newly soled/heeled in a perfect fit for me, 10D.
LL
LL
post #6951 of 109314
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehpets99 View Post
Picked up something that I found to be rather interesting today. Bill Blass DB 100% camelhair coat, dark green in color...with the tags still on it. Tag on the left sleeve and a store tag on the back left sleeve. Front waist pockets are still sewn shut, coat buttons on the bottom button.. Tag says 42sh. Last picture shows best representative of color.

The coat doesn't fit me too well but I figured maybe someone here could find a use for it. I'll entertain any reasonable offer.



Take it to a reputable tailor and have a cool waistcoat made out of it. Or re-donate it.
post #6952 of 109314
Came across a Dege and Sons DB gray pinstripe suit jacket. No pants anywhere to be found.

So I left if behind. I would have picked it up for less than $10, though don't know how I would have worn it. But this store, with it's over-the-top prices wanted $40 for it, and I just wasn't going to bite. I've found enough SR stuff now that I can resist the temptation pretty easily. I did tuck it away though by the other pinstripe odd jackets. So hopefully it'll go unnoticed until I can go back and see if the pants turn up. Doubt it though. And a shame b/c it was pretty much my size and with basted pockets I figure it hasn't been worn much - if at all.

As a consolation prize I took home a nice BBGF glen plaid sportcoat made in Italy by Cantarelli - even that was $17.
post #6953 of 109314
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83glt View Post
Came across a Dege and Sons DB gray pinstripe suit jacket. No pants anywhere to be found.

So I left if behind. I would have picked it up for less than $10, though don't know how I would have worn it. But this store, with it's over-the-top prices wanted $40 for it, and I just wasn't going to bite. I've found enough SR stuff now that I can resist the temptation pretty easily. I did tuck it away though by the other pinstripe odd jackets. So hopefully it'll go unnoticed until I can go back and see if the pants turn up. Doubt it though. And a shame b/c it was pretty much my size and with basted pockets I figure it hasn't been worn much - if at all.

As a consolation prize I took home a nice BBGF glen plaid sportcoat made in Italy by Cantarelli - even that was $17.

That sounds like an awesome store, except for the prices. I've never come across any SR stuff down here yet.
post #6954 of 109314
Finds: Brooks brothers dress pants. These have the slit in the back of the waist that incotex trousers have. The tags on the inside seem to have japanese writing, I am not sure though. they are size 33 and will be in the B&S forums. Zanella trousers, these were too big and not as slim as I thought they would be. They were unhemmed, I might keep them and have the waist taken in. Edit: I just noticed that the cuffs on the BB trousers have a small little button on them, which can be removed to increase the inseam by about 4 inches. I have never seen that before. BB Zanella
post #6955 of 109314
I decided to hit up a few stores after class today because of the nice weather....I think everyone else had the same idea. Stores were insanely crowded and overly picked over. I saw one nice Lanvin tuxedo, but it was too large and too notched lapels.
post #6956 of 109314
^^^ Nice find on the trousers, I have found Zanella but none of them with flat fronts. I don't really care for pleats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBTX66 View Post
Good Lord! You're definitely on a hot streak right now.
kind of a hot streak, but I did go to six stores to find this stuff.
post #6957 of 109314
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinasity View Post
Have been pretty busy lately but today decided to go thrifting. Here is a pic of today's loot.



2 Ascot Chang shirts
Charles Tyhwhitt
Boss
Holland & Sherry trousers
Express trousers
Burberry Tie
Zegna tie

If you want to unload the Burberry tie shoot me a PM
post #6958 of 109314
First post. Thought I would share this find from today. Pair of excellent condition Florsheim Imperials in a size 10D for 4 whole bucks!!!

post #6959 of 109314
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkidd41011 View Post
If you want to unload the Burberry tie shoot me a PM

I am gonna keep the Burberry tie because I don't have one yet.
post #6960 of 109314
Four NWT Polo ties, $0.79 each.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread