ˆˆˆ And now you got something to wear while you hunt down the grail. Right choice.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:47 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Today at 3:18 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4621post #69301 of 1387284/21/13 at 5:29pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #69302 of 1387284/21/13 at 5:32pmpost #69303 of 1387284/21/13 at 5:40pmpost #69304 of 1387284/21/13 at 5:48pmpost #69305 of 1387284/21/13 at 5:58pmpost #69306 of 1387284/21/13 at 6:14pmpost #69307 of 1387284/21/13 at 6:21pm
To those of you patiently awaiting packages from me, you should be receiving them this week! Tokens of appreciation included. Been struggling to get my act together recently, under the burden of overcommitment that seems to be here to stay.
L (thrifted): no-name silk, Turnbull & Asser, 2x no-name cotton+silk or linen+silk (? no tag)
R (C21): 5x Turnbull & Asser, 1 Pucci (2 TnA for me, rest proxied for MZHammer)
abcm2 -- anybody know this brand? Made in Italy, seems pretty nice.
Good news: my size, fits me very well, double-vented
Bad news: pinstripe orphan
Destiny: will look for pants for a few weeks, then inevitably harvest MOP buttons whilst sniffling
Records: Heifetz plays Gruenberg commission (on shellac, it seems!), and another Grand Prix du Disque winner -- Ciccolini plays Saint-SaensDetails: (Click to show)
Ancient madder made in USA, wool knit
PRL cords, 38x32
Bill's Khaki's, 34x32
Oxxford navy cashmere flannel (!), first non-trashed Oxxford for me, c. 41R/LDetails and Measurements: (Click to show)
Formal Thrift Fit (as seen in Thrift Thread Fits: Formal Wear )
Wore this for a law school prom.
tux: 1940's midnight blue flannel, thrifted by dexconstruct
PS: Turnbull & Asser, thrifted (posted above)
Studs, links & tie: Free, store was closingpost #69308 of 1387284/21/13 at 6:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by txwoodworker
Finally found something worth posting. Isaia Napoli - in my size, Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I mean it looks like it was tailored for me! Already wore it to work and got compliments. Thinking of selling it, honestly feel like I have to watch what I'm doing when I wear it in case something happens to it. It doesn't even look like it had been worn. Any tips on how old it is and the best way to market it on eBay or other?
Christ's sake, look at thatbutton hole!
It's purdy, no? I have a hard time wearing my Men's Wearhouse coats after wearing this.Quote:Originally Posted by suited
Thrifted this a while ago just because it was pretty badass, Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)but it ended up sitting in my closet for months (and needed altered) so I decided to list it today. I think this is the 4th or 5th time I've picked up one of the crappier RL lines just because it was a nice looking piece and it always paid off. Fetched $80 about an hour after listing it
Each of these is sexy as F***K.
Woodworker, if you get rid of that, you can sell it directly to me. But you'd be an absolute fool if you did.
(BTW, nice to see a fellow woodworker here. Remind me to send you some shots of some of my projects. Before kids consumed all my free time.)
EDIT: Highlife: nice ties. Cesar: nice squares.post #69309 of 1387284/21/13 at 6:26pmpost #69310 of 1387284/21/13 at 6:28pmpost #69311 of 1387284/21/13 at 6:28pm
A couple of interesting Goodwill finds.
First: A pair of women's vintage Big John jeans. Made in Japan. Sort of a higher rise. Really thick denim. The leather patch is ridiculously thick as well. A cool find in the pocket can be (barely) seen in the second photo; an old NYC toll booth receipt from 1992.
Second: A pair of Chimala grey denim. Made in Japan. All of Chimala's hand distressed goodness. Tagged size 36. Available. Any info about the brand Chimala? From what I can tell, they are a ridiculously priced company making distressed denim for the likes of JCrew and Madewell. I believe their designers used to work at 45rpm. Anything else?post #69312 of 1387284/21/13 at 6:31pmQuote:
These are Jean Shop's, right? I've always been a fan. Their "Classic" fit is ridiculously huge though. The fabric is great though, and their details are top notch. Never found a pair that fit well, however.post #69313 of 1387284/21/13 at 6:53pmIt was a good weekend.
First a RL Rugby linen button-down for me:
Next a Sea Island Cotton Turnbull and Asser 15-35
More Pics and Measurements (Click to show)
BB Country Club Blazer with Loro Piana Super 120s 46L. Someone found one of these a couple days ago, (maybe AndroFan?) nonetheless Synchronicity is real folks!
More Pics and Measurements (Click to show)
More Pics and Measurements (Click to show)Corneliani Wool Cashmere Blend Sportcoat. 41L The styling on this one is... strange. Had it not been for the cashmere I may not have picked it up.
Inseam 31, 1.75 cuff to be let out
Leg opening 9
More Pics and Measurements (Click to show)
More Pics and Measurements (Click to show)post #69314 of 1387284/21/13 at 6:56pmQuote:I'm a big fan of Chimala, but you basically hit the nail on the head. Japanese workwear goodness. Shame they aren't smaller!Originally Posted by brianG
Second: A pair of Chimala grey denim. Made in Japan. All of Chimala's hand distressed goodness. Tagged size 36. Available. Any info about the brand Chimala? From what I can tell, they are a ridiculously priced company making distressed denim for the likes of JCrew and Madewell. I believe their designers used to work at 45rpm. Anything else?
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 1 minute ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 6 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Cheap Pocket Squares 8 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 13 minutes ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 18 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 21 minutes ago
- › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread 21 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 21 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...