or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 463

post #6931 of 110468
Picked up something that I found to be rather interesting today. Bill Blass DB 100% camelhair coat, dark green in color...with the tags still on it. Tag on the left sleeve and a store tag on the back left sleeve. Front waist pockets are still sewn shut, coat buttons on the bottom button.. Tag says 42sh. Last picture shows best representative of color.

The coat doesn't fit me too well but I figured maybe someone here could find a use for it. I'll entertain any reasonable offer.



post #6932 of 110468
passed on a navy pinstripe Belvest suit today... mystery white stain on the front below the buttons. looks to be about a 44R.
post #6933 of 110468
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehpets99 View Post
Picked up something that I found to be rather interesting today. Bill Blass DB 100% camelhair coat, dark green in color...with the tags still on it. Tag on the left sleeve and a store tag on the back left sleeve. Front waist pockets are still sewn shut, coat buttons on the bottom button.. Tag says 42sh. Last picture shows best representative of color.

The coat doesn't fit me too well but I figured maybe someone here could find a use for it. I'll entertain any reasonable offer.


Good luck, brah. You'll be lucky to get 5 rubles for it.
post #6934 of 110468
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post
Good luck, brah. You'll be lucky to get 5 rubles for it.

Thanks? At the very least it's interesting and I paid almost nothing for it. I'm not expecting to trade it for a pair of shell Aldens or even get more than $10-20 for it...just a little oddity I felt like picking up in the off-chance someone here would want it for an equally low price.
post #6935 of 110468
not a bad find for someone who likes it but not a very well liked brand around here.
post #6936 of 110468
Picked up a Rowenta Expert DG-980 for 4.99 at a local thrift. The steam trigger button was broken, but smallappliances.com had them for 6.99+shipping. Rowenta's best prosumer iron barely used for under $15. Not that I needed a new iron lmao
LL
post #6937 of 110468
wow! great find! love my Rowenta..
post #6938 of 110468
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystillwater View Post
wow! great find! love my Rowenta..

No kidding, I used to hate ironing until I started using an iron (Rowenta) that works exceptionally well.
post #6939 of 110468
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehpets99 View Post
Thanks? At the very least it's interesting and I paid almost nothing for it. I'm not expecting to trade it for a pair of shell Aldens or even get more than $10-20 for it...just a little oddity I felt like picking up in the off-chance someone here would want it for an equally low price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystillwater View Post
not a bad find for someone who likes it but not a very well liked brand around here.

What he said.

Ebay might get you 10$.
post #6940 of 110468
it's great that you can fix it so cheaply but to be honest, i don't even use the steam function on mine. i just use a spray bottle.
post #6941 of 110468
Passed on a nice Belvest suit today because it was double-breasted. Admired the craftsmanship for a while, though. Also found a number of Oxxford blazers but they were all gray (don't find grey blazers all that useful) and 2 of the 4 had no vents.
post #6942 of 110468
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92m3 View Post
Picked up a Rowenta Expert DG-980 for 4.99 at a local thrift. The steam trigger button was broken, but smallappliances.com had them for 6.99+shipping. Rowenta's best prosumer iron barely used for under $15. Not that I needed a new iron lmao

I'll buy it... PM me...
post #6943 of 110468
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post
What he said.

Ebay might get you 10$.

Considering I paid $1.05, I wouldn't call it a devastating financial loss. A learning experience sure. Just means I have to go 1 day without a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger, haha.
post #6944 of 110468
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehpets99 View Post
Considering I paid $1.05, I wouldn't call it a devastating financial loss. A learning experience sure. Just means I have to go 1 day without a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger, haha.

Yeah, it's no big financial loss. As you say, it's a learning experience.

You might consider just donating it back. The amount you get off ebay will hardly make it worth the time and effort to post your auction, then package and ship.

In the future, consider the style as well as the maker. A green double breasted is going to be fairly tough to get off your hands no matter who made it. If you're looking at something and thinking 'what kind of old geezer would wear this--and when would they wear it' then it might be wise to pass.
post #6945 of 110468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapp View Post
Yeah, it's no big financial loss. As you say, it's a learning experience.

You might consider just donating it back. The amount you get off ebay will hardly make it worth the time and effort to post your auction, then package and ship.

In the future, consider the style as well as the maker. A green double breasted is going to be fairly tough to get off your hands no matter who made it. If you're looking at something and thinking 'what kind of old geezer would wear this--and when would they wear it' then it might be wise to pass.

Thanks for the advice.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread