Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:45 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Yesterday at 10:19 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4597post #68941 of 1387284/15/13 at 8:34pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #68942 of 1387284/15/13 at 8:37pmpost #68943 of 1387284/15/13 at 9:25pmpost #68944 of 1387284/15/13 at 9:51pm
And while we're on the subject of fit pics (are we even?), here's a rubbish elevator selfie from earlier today.
Jacket - Taylor Supply Co. grey herringbone Roosevelt - from Nat (thanks again!)
Shirt - BoO light blue/white stripe oxford - eThrift
Pants - Coppley grey single pleat - thrift
Shoes - AE Byron black oxfords - from hooker4186 (thanks again!)post #68945 of 1387284/15/13 at 10:08pmSW & D finds...both new...unworn.
John Varvatos Parisian Chelsea Boots
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
John Varvatos Fleetwood Boots ...missing laces, oh well
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Guess it makes up for the all day bust in LA yesterday...still looking for a couple places LA guys...it's not like I would be there every week....maybe just once every two or three months! I promise I wont take all the good stuff!post #68946 of 1387284/15/13 at 10:19pmpost #68947 of 1387284/16/13 at 9:52amA couple of interesting finds today. I don't hear much about pipe smoking on this forum, but I thought I'd share (not a collector really):
I've flipped over hundreds (if not thousands) of lighters in the search for a Dunhill. This is the closest I've come.
Dunhill shell pipe:
Dunhill pipe reamer, in its original box/pouch:
Nice Persols....unfortunately prescription.post #68948 of 1387284/16/13 at 10:17amSince it's slow around here today (thread was on the second page!), I'd add what must have been a donation from an American. It's a PRL shirt with the purple label, 100% Sea Island Cotton and made in Singapore. Really nice shirt and I would have grabbed it for someone here, but they wanted €12 or €13 for it.
This was my first coffee/cake sitting outside this spring. I'm not normally in the habit of taking pictures of my food, but I originally took a picture to send to my wife to show her how bad the waiter was. We always roll our eyes when we see him at this cafe, and this time he set my cake, coffee and water at the end of the table next to me, on the opposite side. I had to get up, walk to the other side and bring it all over. #Firstworldproblems, right? Well it still annoys me as he expects a tip when he didn't even put a bit of care into a simple activity. /rant
Anyway, cake was good and I had missed sitting outside.post #68949 of 1387284/16/13 at 10:28am
Unfortunately I can't offer any info but it looks like a really cool shirt! Nice find!
So glad to see it worked for you! Looks like it fits great!post #68950 of 1387284/16/13 at 10:32amQuote:Originally Posted by Dolfan954
Had time to make a quick run to two stores today.
FLorsheim Imperial PTB 10.5A Pebble - Available
AE 11 AA Wing Loafers Available
44L's get at me! Beautiful Vintage SC... 100% Cashmere. Available
Real? Gucci thin almost see through cotton.
Orvis Yellow Sweater (Medium) and Shirt (XL) - Available
PRL Golf Thin Cotton Sweatervest
Couple squares and RT tie
PM sent for the plaid SCpost #68951 of 1387284/16/13 at 10:45ampost #68952 of 1387284/16/13 at 10:46am
OK, I've picked up a handful of awesome thrift shop items, perhaps you can help me get some more. Here's the rub, I'm 6'5", so most thrift shops don't carry 44XL / 44L jackets or 17.5x37 shirts. Are there any stores or sites that cater to those of us who are taller than average?
Thanks, in advance, for the wonderful help!post #68953 of 1387284/16/13 at 11:02amSince Hans mentioned it being slow around here, I thought I'd share a thrift related project I've been working on. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I'm a fan of old steamer trunks, so when I see one with some potential, I usually grab it. I've got 3 so far and am always looking to add more to the stack, as I find them to be ascetically pleasing and they go together well with the other antique furniture I've acquired over the years. I've had these two sitting in my dining room for the past couple months and recently decided I was going to paint them, as one of them was a rather ugly shit color.
The little one I painted a color called "deep forest pine" and the larger one will be a dark blue called "sailboat". I huge improvement, if I do say so myself.
I still need to remove the paint from the fittings and do some detailing on the black parts, but otherwise, one down and one to go.post #68954 of 1387284/16/13 at 11:15am
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 3 seconds ago
- › White Dinner Jacket/Tuxedo Jacket for Houston wedding 56 seconds ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 1 minute ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Slim wallets recommendation 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Carmina Sizing Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...