or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4572

post #68566 of 103050
I passed on a 100% silk robe I'm not sure if I could bring myself to wear someone else's robe..... Any experience with these? I didn't recognize the brand name either but I don't know much about sleep wear brands.
post #68567 of 103050
Quote:
Originally Posted by aglose View Post

I passed on a 100% silk robe I'm not sure if I could bring myself to wear someone else's robe..... Any experience with these? I didn't recognize the brand name either but I don't know much about sleep wear brands.

I have a lightweight Viyella cotton/wool burgundy paisley robe with a shawl collar (kind of like a smoking jacket/robe) I thrifted. When I got it home I noticed it smelled like R Kelly's sheets. uhoh.gif
I probably wouldn't have bought it if I'd noticed it in store but it wasn't anything that hot water and laundry detergent couldn't handle.

I also thirfted a nice plush silk/cotton Versace robe. It made some money on ebay. As a result I always take a quick peak at robes.
post #68568 of 103050
Found this and was wondering if anyone recognizes it. Keeping it but would like to know if anyone knows the artist.



Allati Vela?


Edited by Randomore - 4/9/13 at 5:09pm
post #68569 of 103050

On a brag to come later (from before but with a full set of pictures biggrin.gif) are these the nicest hand sewn button-holes I've ever seen or are the just not hand sewn??? I can usually tell quick but these look almost too nice from the back side. This thing is so sick!

 

Click to enlarge.

 

 

post #68570 of 103050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomore View Post


I got excited when i first saw it because it looked similar to the one Capn found. Its not, but still really cool.

Vintage Woolrich down filled vest. Size isnt legible but I say a Medium.
I have one of these that I thrifted a long time ago. One of my favorite things to wear. Might want to take a closer look at the suede, mine has an image of a peacock embossed in the suede patches. Didn't even notice it until after a couple wears!
post #68571 of 103050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomore 
NWOT Smart Wool and Mountain Hardware Merino Wool Long Sleeve shirts? Not sure what these are...Fueco? but crazy comfy so keeping both. N/A


I can't see the pics very well on my phone right now. But merino wool by SmartWool and Mountain Hardwear equals a badass find!

It's not Ibex, but it's still good stuff.
post #68572 of 103050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post


I can't see the pics very well on my phone right now. But merino wool by SmartWool and Mountain Hardwear equals a badass find!

It's not Ibex, but it's still good stuff.

 

Is Ibex super dope? I may have passed a piece today...

post #68573 of 103050
Ibex stuff is amazing, and way expensive. It's worth picking up as long as its in decent shape.
post #68574 of 103050
It was only a matter of time, Thrift Shop claims its first victim.



Longmont police: 'Thrift Shop' song leads woman to push, choke boyfriend

Thrift Shop Attack
post #68575 of 103050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg613 View Post

It was only a matter of time, Thrift Shop claims its first victim.



Longmont police: 'Thrift Shop' song leads woman to push, choke boyfriend

Thrift Shop Attack


This is f%&^ing awesome.
post #68576 of 103050

Damn, more Engineered Garments, Ann D, and a sick Golden Bear leather jacket!

 

post #68577 of 103050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post

This is f%&^ing awesome.
rimshot.gif
post #68578 of 103050
I am so hating that these don't fit me.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #68579 of 103050
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetBakerSings View Post

Can't say I agree with Andro on this one. Unfortunately that's a size too small for you, los_face.
Disagree.

Can't tell if its too short (sleeves appear to be) but I'm 100% OK with the fit. Yes it's fitted, but it's not tugging open at the button. If the vents are opening in the back, then maybe. But it appears to be the right size.

Silverware: Yes, that Drakes is grenadine, and effing awesome.

I hit some stores today with my good luck charm GM-H. Much nice things found. Details and pics .... soon. V busy @ work.
post #68580 of 103050
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

Disagree.

Can't tell if its too short (sleeves appear to be) but I'm 100% OK with the fit. Yes it's fitted, but it's not tugging open at the button. If the vents are opening in the back, then maybe. But it appears to be the right size.

I think it's a matter of style/taste/personal preference. To me, it's way too small, but that's the sort of thing kids wear these days, I guess.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread