Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 3:14 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 9/12/16 at 2:10am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4570post #68536 of 1387284/9/13 at 2:18amHey guys I recently found a cool vintage jacket with gold buttons. I am not sure if they are real gold or not but they have the engraving of "HJ" on the back of each button. i am really not sure what that means, but I remember that there are a couple members that have found gold buttons in the past and I was wondering if anyone has some knowledge on the matter. Just let me know, thanks in advance!post #68537 of 1387284/9/13 at 5:03am
Looks like there is a phony email going around. This just popped up in my email box.
Notice the extra L in Paypal. Once inside the email there are links to click on to verify my information. What clued me in was, it said this was my second notice. I suppose this was an effort to make me act quickly without thinking. Fortunately I monitor my inbox often and knew there was not a previous email.
If you ever receive any emails, from eBay or Paypal, that you think are suspicious, forward them to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for verification.post #68538 of 1387284/9/13 at 6:56ampost #68539 of 1387284/9/13 at 7:00ampost #68540 of 1387284/9/13 at 7:08ampost #68541 of 1387284/9/13 at 8:36amQuote:
Yeah, others have said it, but those are huge shoulders for that P2P (also quite long). I'm a 50, occasionally a 48, and 20 is about the smallest shoulder I can handle (usually more like 21, and take 33 length jackets (at the longest).post #68542 of 1387284/9/13 at 9:21amQuote:
I fluctuate between a 42-44R, I often have to go up to a 46 to get a good shoulder width at 20-21". Of course then the sleeves are usually way too long for me (24")post #68543 of 1387284/9/13 at 9:38amQuote:
I'll remeasure, of course, before going to ebay with it (or one of you), but it is bespoke, so ....post #68544 of 1387284/9/13 at 9:51am
Whoa, go away for a bit and stuff starts getting real around here. LA thrifts have been pretty dry for me, probably because of some of you.
Great fits and hauls posted (2 Hunstman, Lookngr8!), and some excellent non-standard posts, especially by Andro,DanM and BNT on SF denim heavens.
Thrift fit from yesterday:post #68545 of 1387284/9/13 at 10:04amQuote:Originally Posted by los_face
Easter thrift fit
Details (Click to show)PRL cotton blazer (ebay)
Zegna Sport lavender stripe shirt (thrifted)
Levi's commuter series 5 pocket pants (clearance sale)
Gnome socks (thrifted NWT)
Church's Stafford (thrifted and "antiqued")
(I think) I have the exact same jacket and really like it. Unfortunately, it may be a little long on me (lined in the arms, twilly, Macau made). It's tagged 44L, but fits like a 42L. If anyone wants it, get at me.
Wearing some AE shelton's which I picked up on the bay today:
These are the older corrected grain sheltons. I understand that they are better than your average corrected grain shoes. Time will tell how they hold up.post #68546 of 1387284/9/13 at 10:35amBig thanks to GMMcl on a great trade. Finally have a brown AND black pair of shoes that fit my narrow foot correctly.
Second BBBF. I get that Thom Browne is eccentric, but the sleeves on this hit at that goofy elbow length/Hawaiian shirt land between short and long sleeve...N/A
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Very lightweight, tagged Large. Availablepost #68547 of 1387284/9/13 at 10:40ampost #68548 of 1387284/9/13 at 10:53ampost #68549 of 1387284/9/13 at 10:55am
It was Tie day today.
From top left: Zenga, Stefano Ricci, Polo (narrow!), Aquascutum, Facconable, Versace, Ferragamo, Barbera x2, Zegna.
Z Zegna Shirt (CITY) XL: Available.post #68550 of 1387284/9/13 at 11:01am
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 57 seconds ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 11 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 15 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang MTM Navy Suit (VBC Wool) - Fits Slim 36 17 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 19 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 20 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 22 minutes ago
- › My First Suit....Please Help 22 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 24 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...