Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 9/28/16 at 6:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 9/12/16 at 2:10am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4546post #68176 of 1387284/5/13 at 2:29pmpost #68177 of 1387284/5/13 at 2:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by silverwarebandit
I don't know if any of you guys did, but I got in on that Vente Privee LVC sale last month, and the jeans finally came in. I wasn't too impressed with the ones I got to be honest (1947 rinse & 1954Z archive), but hey they seem to be flippable so everything is alright . I was bummed because I've been needing a new pair of jeans, so what did I find on my way home from work?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Minty Surface to Air MIJ
Barely used PRPS Barracuda P45P28X
I don't think I'd be able to tell if these were used or not, RRL low straight patchwork selvedge
Some pretty wild RRL selvedge indigo pincheck work pants
Gant Rugger country twill brushed flannel
All my size
Wow! You lucked out!Quote:
Wow, never seen that one! Cool!Quote:
SCORE! Very jealous right now!Quote:Originally Posted by highvoltorb
The coins are $5 Liberty coins from 1882 which according to http://www.coinstudy.com/liberty-ten-dollar-gold-coin-values.html are worth a minimum of $391 each. Everything else is made of gold as well and I have no idea what an actual value of them would be and I'm not sure if I can get the coins out (or if I would even want to). So one of the best finds from last year was a set of Tiffany's cufflinks that were sold for something like $800 and were paid $5 for. I technically paid $6 for these. We'll see. Either way, being honest is always worth it.
Nice! Those coins look to be in exceptional shape as well! I'd see if you can have them professionally removed and placed in protective plastic coin holders. Even though they are cool as cuff links, I think they'd be way better off in protectors in a safe or something. The value will only go up.
http://www.coinsupplystore.com/marcus-plastic-2x2s-hds.htmlQuote:Originally Posted by MZhammer
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Speaking of honesty, I just checked my credit card today which I paid in full last month. Turns out there's a credit of a little more than $400 sitting on it. Strange. So I looked into it and it seems to be from Best Buy, where I had recently purchased a TV for the same amount. So I called them up and discussed the situation, the TV was scheduled for in-sore pick up. I picked it up and had to sign and show valid ID for the TV. Somehow wires got crossed at BB and they never logged it as picked up.
Long story short after looking at our options to resolve it, the call center manager said "Merry Christmas." There was literally nothing they could do now that the money had been credited back. So while it still seems weird I at least feel better that I tried to return the funds.
And, even though it wasn't thrifted, I think a NIB Samsung 32" LED TV for free is a pretty good "Thrift"Quote:
Nope, but definitely done in the same styling as was pretty common in the late 70's and early 80's. This mas made by Sherry which was based in Miami, Fla. I too had an almost identical shirt except mine was gray, white and light blue. I think the front graphic had a large sunset on the ocean with sailboats. Can't believe I remember that! Haha.
He bought some stuff to flip from me on a Sunday that a big football game was going on. Mint Etro suit for like $80, super recent Givenchy plaid suit for $60, etc. Went insanely cheap. Not making that mistake again. Didn't stay tuned to watch what he flipped them for - ignorance is bliss.post #68178 of 1387284/5/13 at 2:31pmQuote:
Oooh gotcha, missed the NWOT listing. Shadypost #68179 of 1387284/5/13 at 2:43pmQuote:
NOt only did he lied about the condition of the suit, he also said he bought it from BG 2 years ago.post #68180 of 1387284/5/13 at 2:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by dexconstructQuote:Originally Posted by GMMcL
Thrift fit today. May it please the Court.
(BTW, you asked for a tripod shot, you got it. But because I can't "pre focus" with me in the shot, the white balance is all off. So I took a couple the old fashioned way too)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Suit = St. Laurie
Shirt = J Press
Tie = White, tradly goodness
Belt = nothing of consequence
Sox = Pantherella
Shoes = AE Park aves in Oxblood.
I'm bound and determined to hit at least 2 stores today. Wish me luck!
I think the self-shots have been throwing things off because the fit in the tripod shots is much better than the self-shots. Suit looks perfect.
+1. Try not putting your hands in your pockets too.post #68181 of 1387284/5/13 at 2:50pmpost #68182 of 1387284/5/13 at 2:54pmpost #68183 of 1387284/5/13 at 2:55pmpost #68184 of 1387284/5/13 at 2:59pmBack from Vienna! Some pretty cool posts this afternoon. I'll get some pictures tomorrow, but nothing crazy. I did find a few things that were interesting and my rucksack was full when I made it home.
I have little experience with womenswear and purses, but has anyone ever seen a fake Tod's purse? I know they exist as a quick google search revealed, but it was my last purchase of the day and I am 99% sure it's fake Can't believe I let my guard down!post #68185 of 1387284/5/13 at 2:59pmpost #68186 of 1387284/5/13 at 3:02pmpost #68187 of 1387284/5/13 at 3:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by barrelntriggerQuote:
Not only did he lied about the condition of the suit, he also said he bought it from BG 2 years ago.
Wow super shady.post #68188 of 1387284/5/13 at 3:18pmpost #68189 of 1387284/5/13 at 3:19pmpost #68190 of 1387284/5/13 at 3:20pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
Currently, there are 1384 Active Users (302 Members and 1082 Guests)
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 6 seconds ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 9 seconds ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 19 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 32 seconds ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 58 seconds ago
- › The "Actively Discovering 'New' Brands" Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...