Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 7:04 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 6/15/16 at 6:22pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 6/23/16 at 12:32pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4546post #68176 of 1387284/5/13 at 2:29pmpost #68177 of 1387284/5/13 at 2:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by silverwarebandit
I don't know if any of you guys did, but I got in on that Vente Privee LVC sale last month, and the jeans finally came in. I wasn't too impressed with the ones I got to be honest (1947 rinse & 1954Z archive), but hey they seem to be flippable so everything is alright . I was bummed because I've been needing a new pair of jeans, so what did I find on my way home from work?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Minty Surface to Air MIJ
Barely used PRPS Barracuda P45P28X
I don't think I'd be able to tell if these were used or not, RRL low straight patchwork selvedge
Some pretty wild RRL selvedge indigo pincheck work pants
Gant Rugger country twill brushed flannel
All my size
Wow! You lucked out!Quote:
Wow, never seen that one! Cool!Quote:
SCORE! Very jealous right now!Quote:Originally Posted by highvoltorb
The coins are $5 Liberty coins from 1882 which according to http://www.coinstudy.com/liberty-ten-dollar-gold-coin-values.html are worth a minimum of $391 each. Everything else is made of gold as well and I have no idea what an actual value of them would be and I'm not sure if I can get the coins out (or if I would even want to). So one of the best finds from last year was a set of Tiffany's cufflinks that were sold for something like $800 and were paid $5 for. I technically paid $6 for these. We'll see. Either way, being honest is always worth it.
Nice! Those coins look to be in exceptional shape as well! I'd see if you can have them professionally removed and placed in protective plastic coin holders. Even though they are cool as cuff links, I think they'd be way better off in protectors in a safe or something. The value will only go up.
http://www.coinsupplystore.com/marcus-plastic-2x2s-hds.htmlQuote:Originally Posted by MZhammer
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Speaking of honesty, I just checked my credit card today which I paid in full last month. Turns out there's a credit of a little more than $400 sitting on it. Strange. So I looked into it and it seems to be from Best Buy, where I had recently purchased a TV for the same amount. So I called them up and discussed the situation, the TV was scheduled for in-sore pick up. I picked it up and had to sign and show valid ID for the TV. Somehow wires got crossed at BB and they never logged it as picked up.
Long story short after looking at our options to resolve it, the call center manager said "Merry Christmas." There was literally nothing they could do now that the money had been credited back. So while it still seems weird I at least feel better that I tried to return the funds.
And, even though it wasn't thrifted, I think a NIB Samsung 32" LED TV for free is a pretty good "Thrift"Quote:
Nope, but definitely done in the same styling as was pretty common in the late 70's and early 80's. This mas made by Sherry which was based in Miami, Fla. I too had an almost identical shirt except mine was gray, white and light blue. I think the front graphic had a large sunset on the ocean with sailboats. Can't believe I remember that! Haha.
He bought some stuff to flip from me on a Sunday that a big football game was going on. Mint Etro suit for like $80, super recent Givenchy plaid suit for $60, etc. Went insanely cheap. Not making that mistake again. Didn't stay tuned to watch what he flipped them for - ignorance is bliss.post #68178 of 1387284/5/13 at 2:31pmQuote:
Oooh gotcha, missed the NWOT listing. Shadypost #68179 of 1387284/5/13 at 2:43pmQuote:
NOt only did he lied about the condition of the suit, he also said he bought it from BG 2 years ago.post #68180 of 1387284/5/13 at 2:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by dexconstructQuote:Originally Posted by GMMcL
Thrift fit today. May it please the Court.
(BTW, you asked for a tripod shot, you got it. But because I can't "pre focus" with me in the shot, the white balance is all off. So I took a couple the old fashioned way too)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Suit = St. Laurie
Shirt = J Press
Tie = White, tradly goodness
Belt = nothing of consequence
Sox = Pantherella
Shoes = AE Park aves in Oxblood.
I'm bound and determined to hit at least 2 stores today. Wish me luck!
I think the self-shots have been throwing things off because the fit in the tripod shots is much better than the self-shots. Suit looks perfect.
+1. Try not putting your hands in your pockets too.post #68181 of 1387284/5/13 at 2:50pmpost #68182 of 1387284/5/13 at 2:54pmpost #68183 of 1387284/5/13 at 2:55pmpost #68184 of 1387284/5/13 at 2:59pmBack from Vienna! Some pretty cool posts this afternoon. I'll get some pictures tomorrow, but nothing crazy. I did find a few things that were interesting and my rucksack was full when I made it home.
I have little experience with womenswear and purses, but has anyone ever seen a fake Tod's purse? I know they exist as a quick google search revealed, but it was my last purchase of the day and I am 99% sure it's fake Can't believe I let my guard down!post #68185 of 1387284/5/13 at 2:59pmpost #68186 of 1387284/5/13 at 3:02pmpost #68187 of 1387284/5/13 at 3:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by barrelntriggerQuote:
Not only did he lied about the condition of the suit, he also said he bought it from BG 2 years ago.
Wow super shady.post #68188 of 1387284/5/13 at 3:18pmpost #68189 of 1387284/5/13 at 3:19pmpost #68190 of 1387284/5/13 at 3:20pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
Currently, there are 1491 Active Users (252 Members and 1239 Guests)
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 31 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › question about color coordination 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › What Type of Fabric is This? 3 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Brexit 4 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding