or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4529

post #67921 of 114933
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexconstruct View Post

 

Personally, I think it was a bunch of bullshit for DM7 to call her out for making a gay joke THREE POSTS after he made a joke comparing a woman to "Tom Ford level, thought it must have been from a season or two ago." But maybe I'm not a raging fucking hypocrite. Who knows? I thought she was funny. 

No comment but I was lol8[1].gif

 

Can't everybody just get along?! inlove.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexconstruct View Post

Some other recent finds. 

 

Hickey-Freeman navy blazer, suede elbow patches, Ben Silver University of Kansas gold plated buttons

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Zegna cashmere sports coat. 

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Cornelinai and Brioni shirts. 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Super recent Hickey-Freeman wool/cashmere blazer. 

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Wow, that Ben Silver button set! You thinking about selling them separately?

post #67922 of 114933
I was thinking about selling the buttons separately but I think MG might be right that two buttons are missing from each cuff. Still worth money I think. Hopefully some Kansas fan wants a new blazer.
post #67923 of 114933

Dex, did you look on the back of the buttons any to see if those buttons are gold? Probably not, but ya never know.

post #67924 of 114933
I'm not exactly sure what to look for, the buttons are just stamped "Ben Silver, New York." How can I tell?
post #67925 of 114933

I kinda doubt they would be, but on the back of the button, there could be a 12K, 14K, 18K....etc

post #67926 of 114933
Nope. I haven't hit the solid gold blazer button jackpot yet.
post #67927 of 114933

Damn. Was worth the look anyways. Good job, regardless! Great (and very interesting) find!

post #67928 of 114933
I think it's time I made a serious post, not a wildly satirical one.

We are all adults here. Watch this:

shit
fuck
ass
bitch

Most forums on the internet censor those words, but this one doesn't. We are all intelligent people that self-moderate pretty well. We all also have our own sets of opinions, but what we need to realize is that other people are allowed to have a different opinion.

We should not look at what was obviously a joke as a hateful message, because it wasn't directed at anyone in particular. Dex brings up an excellent point on it being okay to objectify women as used goods.

Really all I think martinigirl intended was to say some of you need to loosen up. Way to prove her prove her wrong.
post #67929 of 114933
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CK View Post

I think it's time I made a serious post, not a wildly satirical one.

We are all adults here. Watch this:

shit
fuck
ass
bitch

Most forums on the internet censor those words, but this one doesn't. We are all intelligent people that self-moderate pretty well. We all also have our own sets of opinions, but what we need to realize is that other people are allowed to have a different opinion.

We should not look at what was obviously a joke as a hateful message, because it wasn't directed at anyone in particular. Dex brings up an excellent point on it being okay to objectify women as used goods.

Really all I think martinigirl intended was to say some of you need to loosen up. Way to prove her prove her wrong.


You forgot "cunt", bro!

post #67930 of 114933
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CK View Post

I think it's time I made a serious post, not a wildly satirical one.

We are all adults here. Watch this:

shit
fuck
ass
bitch

Most forums on the internet censor those words, but this one doesn't. We are all intelligent people that self-moderate pretty well. We all also have our own sets of opinions, but what we need to realize is that other people are allowed to have a different opinion.

We should not look at what was obviously a joke as a hateful message, because it wasn't directed at anyone in particular. Dex brings up an excellent point on it being okay to objectify women as used goods.

Really all I think martinigirl intended was to say some of you need to loosen up. Way to prove her prove her wrong.

 

Thanks, 330ck. I never got the memo where using the word "gay" was inappropriate. It was a joke, nothing more. It's not gonna happen again, either. Wishing ill upon someone for making said joke, is just in bad taste too. I'm looking your way, Deadboy. The "go jump into traffic on the freeway" was very tasteless. I never asked to be treated differently. At least 330ck is treating me like a person, and I respect him very highly because of that.

 

This may be yet another derailment, but I'm still gonna talk nicely about what you guys find and add my insight. Which, btw, 330ck... That Brioni and Canali are magnificent! Well done! That hat with the box is major awesome. Looks like something Napoleon wore.

post #67931 of 114933
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiniGirl View Post

Thanks, 330ck. I never got the memo where using the word "gay" was inappropriate. It was a joke, nothing more. It's not gonna happen again, either. Wishing ill upon someone for making said joke, is just in bad taste too. I'm looking your way, Deadboy. The "go jump into traffic on the freeway" was very tasteless. I never asked to be treated differently. At least 330ck is treating me like a person, and I respect him very highly because of that.

This may be yet another derailment, but I'm still gonna talk nicely about what you guys find and add my insight. Which, btw, 330ck... That Brioni and Canali are magnificent! Well done! That hat with the box is major awesome. Looks like something Napoleon wore.

+1

And now I need to start looking in the pajama section to try and find a Derek Rose for myself. More work to do...awesome.
post #67932 of 114933
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexconstruct View Post


+1

And now I need to start looking in the pajama section to try and find a Derek Rose for myself. More work to do...awesome.

 

No kidding, haha. Wonder what the D.R could go for. By the way, Dex... The Goat Suede Polo is very eccentric! In a good way. Got 1 question though..... What does that thing feel like?! I've never touched goat suede before.

post #67933 of 114933
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiniGirl View Post

No kidding, haha. Wonder what the D.R could go for. By the way, Dex... The Goat Suede Polo is very eccentric! In a good way. Got 1 question though..... What does that thing feel like?! I've never touched goat suede before.

I will refrain from making any unseemly jokes about what you may or may not have touched before. I honestly can't tell the difference from regular suede, except that I feel like someone will pay more for it on eBay.
post #67934 of 114933
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexconstruct View Post


I will refrain from making any unseemly jokes about what you may or may not have touched before. I honestly can't tell the difference from regular suede, except that I feel like someone will pay more for it on eBay.

 

At least everyone will laugh at your jokes, hahaha. I haven't touched Horse's_Ass's banana before (yeah I went there). Tasty looking banana too. It feels the same as suede? That's hard to imagine, but I can see it. I hope someone gives you a good offer on it. 

post #67935 of 114933
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiniGirl View Post

Thanks, 330ck. I never got the memo where using the word "gay" was inappropriate. It was a joke, nothing more. It's not gonna happen again, either. Wishing ill upon someone for making said joke, is just in bad taste too. I'm looking your way, Deadboy. The "go jump into traffic on the freeway" was very tasteless. I never asked to be treated differently. At least 330ck is treating me like a person, and I respect him very highly because of that.

Oh, you don't want to be treated differently? Then don't let everyone know your a woman. And from your photos, your definitely an older woman. So maybe you should take some time and learn how the internet works, and then post here again. This "I don't want to treated differently", but the "hey guys, I HAVE BOOBS LOOK PHOTOS" shit may work on the older guys, (hehe, SPOO. NAT.) but bitch you old. Yo titties saggy. This is the internet. If you expect to be treated NOT liek a woman, then don't let everyone know durrrrr. Your going to be treated differently if you tell everyone.

If gay jokes are okay in your book, then you have no right acting insulted over Deadboy's. I'm from San Francisco. That shit would get you stomped on by fantastically dressed gay guys as well as the hipster girls. to even consider calling someone gay a joke tells us your either some redneck fucking her cousin or ignorant.

While DM7 might seem like a hypocrite for comparing a girl to used Tom Ford, open your fuckin eyes you white knights. This is styleforum. We're socially awkward people that only know how to compare things to clothing. It MAKES FUCKING SENSE TO THINK OF A WOMAN AS A TOM FORD. That's the only way we can see it as. When someone says she's like Tom Ford level, we think, "ohhhh she's Tom Ford level, very nice". How else would be see it as? If we compared her to another girl it is like "she's so hot she's looks like Ellen Page?" Half of us are probably wondering, what the fuck is Ellen Page? And the gay guys would actually be wondering "how is Ellen Page hot?" Tom Ford makes sense to EVERYONE here, cause this is styleforum.

She might have been joking, but gay jokes should not be jokes.

honestly, we got some fucking white knights here coming to your defense, but from what I see, your just some older woman looking for some compliments. and even more honestly, if you hadn't open your mouth about being a woman, these guys would not have come to your defense, cause they're fucking white knights.

Fuck you white knights.

330CK. Gay jokes. No. There's no loosening up about that. It'd be like saying "you fucking jew, you want some more money" or "nigger want some fried chicken". Gay jokes have hit the point where is isn't funny. Shit just does not fly.

And dex. get off her cunt. she has a husband already.

Fuck white knights.



:mike drop:
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread