I thrifted this ballistic nylon Hartmann duffel a while back that I want to keep in the car and fill with emergency rations to meet any sartorial need. This puppy will be STUFFED to the bursting point!
I'm looking for suggestions for what to include and am wondering what anyone else may be doing in a similar vein. These will be clothes that will hardly ever be worn again unless I'm caught overnight or somehow damage what I'm wearing during the day.
Keep in mind that I have a work dress code that consists of 3 button polo or black dress shirt and khaki or black pants. However, I want my bag to leave me ready for other situations outside of work as well.
I am loathe to take any of the "good stuff" out of my regular rotation so as I find more Bill's, J Press and Brooks Brothers khakis, the early Dockers D-1 and D-2 stuff will be finding its way into the bag. I have some larger, original cut BB dress shirts that I never wear anymore but would in a pinch so I'm thinking one in blue, one in white and one in a print of some sort would cover most situations. I'll also toss in one of my early black shirts that I thrifted before I gave in to real life and started buying JAB button downs at "buy one, get two more free."
Also, the following...
- There will be assorted socks (stuffed into the shoes as shoe trees).
- undergarments aplenty.
- a couple of all around ties.
- I have a pair of chestnut loafers that needed to come out of the rotation due to early overuse but are still serviceable for occasional wear.
- I'll put a pair of black, split toe lace ups in as well.
- Polo sneakers or maybe Converse hi top Chuck Taylors.
- I have a tan JAB sportcoat that I won't mind rolling up and stuffing in as well.
- Maybe a sweater.
- Some shorts and swim trunks?
Opinions? Thoughts? Suggestions?