Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 11:30 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Yesterday at 8:14 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4457post #66841 of 1387283/24/13 at 9:22ampost #66842 of 1387283/24/13 at 9:45am
Somehow I took a few weeks off from reading here, and I see I've only missed 1,045,526,981 new posts.
And during my hiatus, I read that Details Magazine proclaimed that pleated pants are back with a vengeance "for Spring/Summer 2013":http://www.details.com/style-advice/rules-of-style/201303/spring-fashion-2013-key-menswear-trends?currentPage=3Guess those 9-pleated Zanellas won't get re-donated after all, Fig. 1:post #66843 of 1387283/24/13 at 10:28ampost #66844 of 1387283/24/13 at 11:03am
I picked up these two pairs of recent Florshiems when I was learning the ins and outs of thrifting (not that I am not still learning ).
The loafers are 9D ad the longwings are 8E.
I hope there are a couple of lurkers or people just starting to build wardrobes who can use them.
They are available for shipping only.
Damn, sorry for the bad photo, the loafers are only dusty I promise, they are in nice shape.post #66845 of 1387283/24/13 at 11:12amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by FaceOfBoh
Is it safe to post now? I saw almost 200 posts yesterday and thought either a spambot laid waste to the forum or that had been several thermonuclear level finds.
We had a foot of snow this week. It was depressing and I only just got out to thrift today.
This picture is from Thursday night. We were walking to an event down the block at the neighbourhood school when this dude glides by. And before makes anyone makes any jokes about me living in Canada: I have never seen this before. At least not in the middle of the city.
That is awesome! When my malamute was young (god bless her soul), I used to have her pull me on a skateboard. Also, nice job on the lobbs!post #66846 of 1387283/24/13 at 12:41pmpost #66847 of 1387283/24/13 at 12:57pm
My wife and I spent almost $1000 at the REI sale this morning... Pictures of the haul to come later, after we go ride for a while. Let's just say it was epic... Three down jackets and two pairs of GoreTex lined mountaineering boots are the highlights (retail on those five is well north of $1500.post #66848 of 1387283/24/13 at 1:21pmQuote:
Lol, I just picked up a pair of Stockton in Chocolate & Wool.Quote:Originally Posted by Fueco
My wife and I spent almost $1000 at the REI sale this morning... Pictures of the haul to come later, after we go ride for a while. Let's just say it was epic... Three down jackets and two pairs of GoreTex lined mountaineering boots are the highlights (retail on those five is well north of $1500.post #66849 of 1387283/24/13 at 1:24pmpost #66850 of 1387283/24/13 at 1:47pmpost #66851 of 1387283/24/13 at 1:52pmpost #66852 of 1387283/24/13 at 2:46pm
Several months ago I linked up with fellow Seattleite and SF member, 1ofthecoolkids. He's taught me quite a bit about clothes and has picked up some really good shit for me when we're not thrifting together. He's got a large amount of great stuff that he's thrifted and I've exhausted myself trying to get him to post everything on here. He just doesn't have enough time.
Here's some of the stuff he's found me:
Filson, Nordstrom Cashmere (for wife), Silk Cashmere. Not pictured Kate Spade Cashmere for wife, and a Pendleton
Sweet leather timberland vest
APC, vintage BR
My favorite: RLBL
NWT Blackwatch from Merona, but they look good on!
Shuttle Notes shirt!
Bonobos crazy plaid pants.. haven't tried wearing these yet. They might just be pajama pants.
A suit that fits nearly perfectly, which is hard for a 36R who's 6'1 and 145.
Donna Karan, Shades of Greige
J Crew surcingle, J&M, Trafalgar
Mountain Hardwear softshell
.. and some other stuff I haven't photographed yet.post #66853 of 1387283/24/13 at 2:52pmpost #66854 of 1387283/24/13 at 3:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by Fueco
Waiting in line for an REI used gear sale... Got my eyes on some down. Time for a stay-warm thrift fit.
Mountain Hardwear down (Nataku)
REI Convertible hiking pants (thrift)
REI Wool socks (clearance)
Original Teva sandals (thrift)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I know this is the thrift thread, and it's cool you're into slightly different stuff from most people here, but this is still Styleforum. That kind of pic has no place here.post #66855 of 1387283/24/13 at 3:48pmJust a couple things over the weekend.
Minty fresh Satoria Attolini Napoli Shirt. Tagged 16. Dibbed Only thing I can find wrong with it is a button looks like it was sliced somehow.
Finamore cucita a mano. Doesn't look like its been used. I'm guessing same donor. Tagged 15 3/4. Dibbed.
Not pictured 2 sector 9 longboards. Raiders Jersey, couple base layers ans fleeced and some other stuff that's in the trunk that ill try to take pics of soon.
Edited by Randomore - 3/24/13 at 4:30pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Pierpont Leather - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 3 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 10 minutes ago
- › Netflix instant movie suggestions 10 minutes ago
- › Roda Linen Scarf by robxznyc
- › Destin Surl Dedo Square Scarf by robxznyc
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...