Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:51 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 7/26/16 at 5:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4439post #66571 of 1387283/21/13 at 8:57pmpost #66572 of 1387283/21/13 at 9:16pmpost #66573 of 1387283/21/13 at 9:47pmNow for a thrift or shall I say a shit pic. Just experimenting. Fuck, I hate my pics, I seriously gotta get back to pumping iron. I been eating out way to often........... Am 250LB's sad to say not all muscle. I should be 230LB's all muscle - figure I got 40LB's of puppy fat to lose and another 20LB's of muscle to gain! Cant believe I became so heavy in just one year - I mean, how the heck did that happen - to me of all people!
Gosh where do I start - my worst fit ever and the suit is really nice - it is a Thomas Fordus in Latin . Not thrifted but kopped for under $600. Shirt was Valentino boutique thing I picked up for $2, Tie was Brioni that Saks sold to me for $20 due to fabric pull on reverse side (does not bother me).
Damn, I cannot tie a tie either anymore, how the shitting heck do you guys get your dimples? Oh yeah, I know there is a sleeve issue as well ala too short. Reason for the fit is my tailor said she can only let the arms out 1" - do you think 1" will do it?Quote:
Well Well Well, I cannot tell very well from the side of your face but I am right now 99% certain we sized each other up in a thrift store a long long time ago (well, about a year ago actually). I was hitting LA at the time and I remember seeing a young buck going through clothes like an insane MFer. I am 99% sure the person I saw was you, and I know you noticed me because you looked over a couple of times with a "get the fuck out of my thrift store look". I thrift without a cart or carrier - it is huge bundles of clothes reamed over one arm with spare arm checking through stuff. LOL it is a small world dude
Edited by Klobber - 3/21/13 at 9:58pmpost #66574 of 1387283/21/13 at 10:20pmpost #66575 of 1387283/21/13 at 10:20pm
Around 2000, I think. I just traded to a member a nice merino pinstripe from them (particular line started in 1998) that was really nice; picked it up for myself to have altered hence the pickup, was leery of trying to trade here and didn't want to get stuck with it. Good stuff, though, if the styling works.Quote:Originally Posted by pnutpugQuote:
Britches made some seriously nice stuff, but it's under-appreciated and nigh impossible to flip if that's your goal. I snap up whatever I find that fits me, though. They went out of business a long time ago--mid 90s, if I'm not mistaken, but don't hold me to it.
Keep 'em rollin, MartiniGirl! If just a tad too tall for Brianpore, hit me up for slim 36R
DM7, back with a banG!post #66576 of 1387283/21/13 at 10:25pm
Having trouble with stupid SF server, can't quote.
Martini Girl ^^ Any tags tell the country of the make? If USA, might be their own factory, so, old blue tag. If Italy, other than Corn. not sure.
This helps?post #66577 of 1387283/21/13 at 10:29pmpost #66578 of 1387283/21/13 at 10:47pmQuote:
The wpl number is the key . Made in the USA for RL by the Joseph P company I think. I have three of these suits the shoulders run big on theses. They are not as well made as the older blue label.
JOS J PIETRAFESA CO INC looked the wpl number again.
Edited by chiron - 3/21/13 at 11:01pmpost #66579 of 1387283/21/13 at 10:50pmpost #66580 of 1387283/21/13 at 11:02pmThanks fellas, ya no country of origin tag, I figured it had to be old blue label made in USA. They feel great, nothing on par with high quality but being the age if these things, there in pretty damn good shape and have a nice feel/ dense weave to the wool.post #66581 of 1387283/21/13 at 11:28pmQuote:
Yes! Awesome! Good stuff!post #66582 of 1387283/22/13 at 4:41amQuote:Originally Posted by Klobber
Now for a thrift or shall I say a shit pic. Just experimenting. Fuck, I hate my pics, I seriously gotta get back to pumping iron. I been eating out way to often........... Am 250LB's sad to say not all muscle. I should be 230LB's all muscle - figure I got 40LB's of puppy fat to lose and another 20LB's of muscle to gain! Cant believe I became so heavy in just one year - I mean, how the heck did that happen - to me of all people!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Damn, I cannot tie a tie either anymore, how the shitting heck do you guys get your dimples? Oh yeah, I know there is a sleeve issue as well ala too short. Reason for the fit is my tailor said she can only let the arms out 1" - do you think 1" will do it?
Hard to tell how much 1" is without a reference. Did you measure how much cuff was currently showing (then subtract 1"). I usually go for 1/4" min to 1/2" max showing, some people like a little more. Also I'm sure you tailor already knows this, but I have seen on a bunch of suits where it appears there was not enough room to let out, they sew a solid very similar matching color fabric to the end of the sleeve fabric so they can pick up that last 1/2"-3/4" where the fabric folds back to meet the jacket lining. Obviously you wont ever see the solid fabric as it is tucked into the sleeve area, but it gives you the ability to extend the sleeve a littler further. Just a thought if they didnt considering that already, prob a few bucks more but might be worth it.post #66583 of 1387283/22/13 at 5:22amGents (and Martinigirl): I find myself urgently in need of a pair of black or white braces/suspenders. As in, today. Anyone know where I go to get suspenders in the (gasp!) retail world? I assume since we find them at the Rack, that Nordstroms would have them.
In other news: Cap'n and Org, Tux Thrift fit a'comin'. Its a fight to the death whether Ernie Z or Dracula wins for the top half.post #66584 of 1387283/22/13 at 5:41ampost #66585 of 1387283/22/13 at 5:45amQuote:Originally Posted by GMMcL
Gents (and Martinigirl): I find myself urgently in need of a pair of black or white braces/suspenders. As in, today. Anyone know where I go to get suspenders in the (gasp!) retail world? I assume since we find them at the Rack, that Nordstroms would have them.
In other news: Cap'n and Org, Tux Thrift fit a'comin'. Its a fight to the death whether Ernie Z or Dracula wins for the top half.
Lol, I keep forgetting about that jacket.
On a somewhat related, but also completely unrelated note....I found the first part of my outfit for this year's company golf outing. NWT Green argyle tall sport socks.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › MoneyWellSpent's Southern Trad Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 17 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 20 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 21 minutes ago
- › How to store ties 23 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 24 minutes ago
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding