or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4426

post #66376 of 124824
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetBakerSings View Post

Sneak preview:

AppleMark

Lawdy.
post #66377 of 124824
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetBakerSings View Post

Sneak preview:

AppleMark

When you decide to break it to everyone that these are all 50L, also take a minute to let me know where to send your shirts rimshot.gif

post #66378 of 124824
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetBakerSings View Post

Sneak preview:

AppleMark



Are you kidding me? I feel like such a failure.
post #66379 of 124824
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetBakerSings View Post

Sneak preview:

AppleMark

For the love of god, please let that dead dude be a 38R. devil.gif
post #66380 of 124824
^^^^ if those are 46 l or 48 l. Wassup bro.
post #66381 of 124824
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetBakerSings View Post

Sneak preview:

AppleMark

Dude, that is awesome. Label looks much more recent than the seven Oxxfords I found last summer, more like the two I found last week.

#sadattemptathumblebragactuallyreallyjealous
post #66382 of 124824

A little late on the brag, I picked this up last week and didn't think much about it so didn't bother posting here...(hard to "brag" after all the great finds lately) so went ahead and posted on ebay and the watchers and questions are thru the roof...what is so special about this? It's ugly as sin to me and I almost left it

 

 

 

 

post #66383 of 124824
^ I would rock the fuck out of that. Link me to the auction?
post #66384 of 124824
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

^ I would rock the fuck out of that. Link me to the auction?

 

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Polo-Ralph-Lauren-Hand-Knit-Shawl-Collar-Sweater-L-Navajo-Indian-Southwest-/140935947042?pt=US_CSA_MC_Sweaters&hash=item20d06fe322

 

Different strokes for different folks i guess...

 

(No comments on my crappy pics please lol)

post #66385 of 124824
Need genuine input from you folks:

What do you guys think of pants by these brands:

Santorelli
Valentini (not Valentino)

Valentini seems uber high quality to me, so picked them up.
Santorelli seems to be a a poorer man's Zanella but they not bad so picked up two pairs.

Would like to read your input.

This thread is a learning pot, we above most in the other parts of the forum handle much more gear. I sometimes think one of us should start a thread looking at whats hot and whats not. There is a suit thread where all the brands are ranked according to quality, I feel a shirt thread and a pants thread has been long overdue (where all brands are categorized).

Format something like:

Shirts:

Best of the Best (no known brands exceed this quality), Excellent (few brands are better), Very Good etc etc.....

B.O.T.B:
Kiton
Fray
.
.
.

Excellent:
Charvet
Borrelli
Finamore
Barba
.
.
.

Very Good:
Ralph Lauren Purple Label
Lorenzini
.
.
.

Good:
Canali
Turnbull and Asser
.
.
.

Average:
Ralph Lauren Polo non Italian made
Brooks Brothers Luxury
.
.
.

Poor:
TM Lewin
Ben Sherman
.
.
.


Same treatment for pants so we know whats what. I would definitely like to know more about whats good and whats not...
post #66386 of 124824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweets View Post


http://www.ebay.com/itm/Polo-Ralph-Lauren-Hand-Knit-Shawl-Collar-Sweater-L-Navajo-Indian-Southwest-/140935947042?pt=US_CSA_MC_Sweaters&hash=item20d06fe322

Different strokes for different folks i guess...

(No comments on my crappy pics please lol)

Goddamn it. Im allergic to alpaca.
post #66387 of 124824
^ I'd prefer we didn't publish a pricing guide for all of our favorite thrift stores. It's too bad we can't keep a specific, password protected reference for those thrift thread members that have reached a certain level of participation.
post #66388 of 124824
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanM View Post

^ I'd prefer we didn't publish a pricing guide for all of our favorite thrift stores. It's too bad we can't keep a specific, password protected reference for those thrift thread members that have reached a certain level of participation.

This has been rehashed over and over and over and over... if a store cares the manager will spend an hour on ebay and make a list once and be done. If a store dosent care it won't matter. They arnt going to search out and find 10 out of 60,000 posts and then change the entire pricing structure.

post #66389 of 124824
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanM View Post

^ I'd prefer we didn't publish a pricing guide for all of our favorite thrift stores. It's too bad we can't keep a specific, password protected reference for those thrift thread members that have reached a certain level of participation.
Yeah, this is a bit of deja vu. Though there is a separate thread on SF that ranks suits, so hard to say this'd be creating precedent.
post #66390 of 124824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

This has been rehashed over and over and over and over... if a store cares the manager will spend an hour on ebay and make a list once and be done. If a store dosent care it won't matter. They arnt going to search out and find 10 out of 60,000 posts and then change the entire pricing structure.

Fair enough. I'm still in my first year of doing this, hopefully the price increases I've been noticing are more of a temporary increase than the beginning of a trend.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread