Appreciate it. There's a Ben Silver in your future, sir.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 7:04 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 6/15/16 at 6:22pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 6/23/16 at 12:32pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4421post #66302 of 1387283/18/13 at 7:25pmQuote:
Theres two ways that I can thrift, with out without my wife (who loves thrifting, bless her heart, the reason the ring is on the finger).
SPOOTHRIFT VERSION 1 (solo) :
Blood pressure decreases, I really take my time and turn every corner and relax in the place(s), no need to feel rushed. Enjoying the sport for what it is - a hunt. Like Elmer Fudd hiding with the shotgun in the bushes, a sniper covered in camoflage, waiting to take my prey out with laser precision and focus. Often times, the soloSpoothrift produces the best and most well edited hauls. Moth holes and piss stains are discovered in store, yes motherfucker, you should put back that LL Bean, its not worth it. Ill take myself out to lunch afterwards, have a giant honking chimichanga and a Corona, virtually high five myself and go home content.
SPOOTHRIFT VERSION 2 (with wife, and kid - never apart) :
Blood pressure increases, I know that this has to be a 20 minute tear before the 3.5 year old gets cranky/has meltdown/actually succeeds in hiding in the pants. Wife has fun thrifting, but when thrifting with a wife and kid, focus is lost. Like a sniper without the Diazepam, my aim is all over the place. Im throwing fucking Dior and YSL ties in the cart like they are going to end global warming. eBay titles fly through my head with each pass of the hanger. Im grateful that I have a babysitter and someone who likes to do it with me - though I have to give the "oh shit awesome! wait, ah, damnit, not that one" face everytime she pulls out a Nino Cerruti across the way and holds it up "Honey is this good??" (note, she did find a pair of Alden shell PTB's and said "Isnt this the horse butt stuff?" bless her heart).
So, theres two ways you can look at that.
I wish every girl I take thrifting (amazing how many actually want to go on a 6 hour thrifting trip) found me horse butt! Best I've done is a Ralph Lauren shirt in the girls section that was a size smallpost #66303 of 1387283/18/13 at 7:32pmQuote:
You take a lot of girls thrifting? You stud. Whats your line - "hey baby, can I pop your tags?" or "let me show you how I can spot a piss stain without even looking at the pants "post #66304 of 1387283/18/13 at 7:37pmpost #66305 of 1387283/18/13 at 7:38pmpost #66306 of 1387283/18/13 at 7:41pmpost #66307 of 1387283/18/13 at 7:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by Patrologia
Terrible things happened at my GW during my hiatus - they got internet access! I saw a lovely pair of Christian Louboutin heels yesterday - I've never seen them here before. They were in great shape. Except for the $499.99 price tag they were carrying. Geez, what's the fun of that?
Were they the ones in or Lake Villa,IL ? I saw them and frowned. followed by finding a recent Zegna suit so that was okay.post #66308 of 1387283/18/13 at 7:51pm
I like where this thread is going.
"can i check you for moth holes?"
"Ill show you fully canvassed"
Apologies in advance to Martini Girl.post #66309 of 1387283/18/13 at 7:54pmpost #66310 of 1387283/18/13 at 7:56pmpost #66311 of 1387283/18/13 at 7:56pmpost #66312 of 1387283/18/13 at 7:57pmpost #66313 of 1387283/18/13 at 8:05pmQuote:
I once took a girl to Value Village on a first date. It ended up a beautiful, but ultimately doomed, relationship. She was f-r-e-a-k-y.post #66314 of 1387283/18/13 at 8:06pmpost #66315 of 1387283/18/13 at 8:09pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 50 seconds ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE June 24, 2016 - Greyscale 1 minute ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › how knows this new brand on Amazon 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 9 minutes ago
- › Messenger bag - which one looks best? 13 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 14 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 17 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding