Appreciate it. There's a Ben Silver in your future, sir.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 10:30 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 11/14/15 at 8:04pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 11/2/15 at 2:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
Last edited: Today
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4421
Styleforum Top Picks
Theres two ways that I can thrift, with out without my wife (who loves thrifting, bless her heart, the reason the ring is on the finger).
SPOOTHRIFT VERSION 1 (solo) :
Blood pressure decreases, I really take my time and turn every corner and relax in the place(s), no need to feel rushed. Enjoying the sport for what it is - a hunt. Like Elmer Fudd hiding with the shotgun in the bushes, a sniper covered in camoflage, waiting to take my prey out with laser precision and focus. Often times, the soloSpoothrift produces the best and most well edited hauls. Moth holes and piss stains are discovered in store, yes motherfucker, you should put back that LL Bean, its not worth it. Ill take myself out to lunch afterwards, have a giant honking chimichanga and a Corona, virtually high five myself and go home content.
SPOOTHRIFT VERSION 2 (with wife, and kid - never apart) :
Blood pressure increases, I know that this has to be a 20 minute tear before the 3.5 year old gets cranky/has meltdown/actually succeeds in hiding in the pants. Wife has fun thrifting, but when thrifting with a wife and kid, focus is lost. Like a sniper without the Diazepam, my aim is all over the place. Im throwing fucking Dior and YSL ties in the cart like they are going to end global warming. eBay titles fly through my head with each pass of the hanger. Im grateful that I have a babysitter and someone who likes to do it with me - though I have to give the "oh shit awesome! wait, ah, damnit, not that one" face everytime she pulls out a Nino Cerruti across the way and holds it up "Honey is this good??" (note, she did find a pair of Alden shell PTB's and said "Isnt this the horse butt stuff?" bless her heart).
So, theres two ways you can look at that.
I wish every girl I take thrifting (amazing how many actually want to go on a 6 hour thrifting trip) found me horse butt! Best I've done is a Ralph Lauren shirt in the girls section that was a size small
You take a lot of girls thrifting? You stud. Whats your line - "hey baby, can I pop your tags?" or "let me show you how I can spot a piss stain without even looking at the pants "
Terrible things happened at my GW during my hiatus - they got internet access! I saw a lovely pair of Christian Louboutin heels yesterday - I've never seen them here before. They were in great shape. Except for the $499.99 price tag they were carrying. Geez, what's the fun of that?
Were they the ones in or Lake Villa,IL ? I saw them and frowned. followed by finding a recent Zegna suit so that was okay.
I like where this thread is going.
"can i check you for moth holes?"
"Ill show you fully canvassed"
Apologies in advance to Martini Girl.
I once took a girl to Value Village on a first date. It ended up a beautiful, but ultimately doomed, relationship. She was f-r-e-a-k-y.
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF... 14 seconds ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 2 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 8 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 10 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 12 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 14 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 15 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 17 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories