Pretty sure she's intelligent enough to realize it's a joke.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 5/24/16 at 2:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 5/17/16 at 3:17am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 3/31/16 at 1:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4417post #66242 of 1387283/17/13 at 3:15pmpost #66243 of 1387283/17/13 at 3:21pmpost #66244 of 1387283/17/13 at 3:41pmQuote:Quote:
Not sure what the initial post was, but I was kind of waiting for that to happen....S
SIDE NOTE: Do not respond in the thread, just send me a PM. If you studio photography and into the lighting setups, I need some advice.post #66245 of 1387283/17/13 at 3:46pmpost #66246 of 1387283/17/13 at 3:56pmpost #66247 of 1387283/17/13 at 4:09pmpost #66248 of 1387283/17/13 at 4:49pmQuote:
No fair! I didn't get to see what the joke was. Care to share again? Otherwise PM it! I have a very messed up sense of humor, lol.post #66249 of 1387283/17/13 at 5:47pmQuote:post #66250 of 1387283/17/13 at 5:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by MartiniGirl
Hey Guys! Long time lurker, first time poster! I have enjoyed reading about everyone's finds! I have thrifted for a long time as well and have found some finds (like Kiton, Borrelli, Brioni)... but my husband (yes, I'm a woman) told me I needed to brag about my recent find! This is what I found...
An Oxxford Crest Super 100's Luxury Flannel 3-Piece Suit! I got it for $15 at my local Salvation Army. Front lower pockets are still sewn shut! It's a 48 R... and my husband plans on keeping it! Sorry for the bad pictures, I was in a rush.
Welcome to the thread, and great first post! It's nice to see a new member who took the time to research and read the thread before posting.post #66251 of 1387283/17/13 at 7:07pmQuote:
Thank you! I'm not dumb, lol. I've seen everyone post "Read the thread for a few hours before posting on whether or not Christian Dior Monseiur was indeed a successful purchase" I cracked up every time someone did that!post #66252 of 1387283/17/13 at 7:28pmWelcome to the time machine....
Vintage Pendleton tweed. Totally amazing, in my size...
Vintage cherry red 100% wool drivers hat by Stetson
Vintage cream-colored Bally loafers, Gatsy-style.
Oldest Hermes tie I've ever seen. Only 2.5 inches wide at the widest spot. Made for Maus and Hoffman? No idea how to date this one, but I'm guessing 70s?post #66253 of 1387283/17/13 at 7:56pmQuote:Yeah, I've only been at it a month or so, and then only hitting the GWs that aren't too far out of the way on my drive home from work. It's tough to find anything decent there, let alone anything decent that also fits, but it's addicting as hell. There are some other places I'd like to check out, but with a 4 month old at home (I did find a RL polo bear denim jumper for her that she's finally big enough to start wearing!), I don't have a whole lot of extra time to go traipsing about the metro area.Originally Posted by Nataku
+1. The stores get hit very hard. That combined with the greediness of local thrift chains (Goodwill and Unique to name a couple) has made it quite tough to find stuff in the area. I remember pulling out Spoo-level finds weekly (Hermes purses, Chanel scarves, Brioni suits by the dozen, etc but this was all years ago). Those days are long gone.
Seriously though, we'll have to have a TC area thrifters lunch sometime. Would be fun. Sit, relax, eat and talk about cool finds! By the way, love your photo icon on here!post #66254 of 1387283/17/13 at 9:05pm
Been a little under the weather lately. Happy to see I am a top 20 poster in the thread, however, I think last time I was further atop the list. Got a nice tie in the mail from Gmmcl a few days ago and didn't get a chance to thank him properly, so I will do it here. THANKS BRO!!! Anyway, some humble brags minus the pantharella socks I picked up for me.
Hawes and Curtis 18-34 Available for cost+shipping
x2 Hawes and Curtis Ties; surprisingly nice
E. Zegna Polo, Size XL, also surprisingly nice, I think it is linen (Available)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Loro Piana Polo Size XL, AvailableWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
NWOT Sanyo Half/Trench Thing Super Recent Size Large, Available
I hate nwot but it literally has the strings were tags are supposed to hang, but there are no tags there.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Brooks Brothers Brag Flannel, More of a size 16 L/S Available
T. Pink S/S/ for eBay unless someone wants it.
Stefano Ricci Tie, Availablepost #66255 of 1387283/18/13 at 6:25amThis weekend my fiance went with me and we hit a few places. At one shop I found 4 Turnbull and Asser shirts all in staple colors (2 white, 2 blue stripe), only to realize that 2 of them had holes The other 2 only had a snag (all in the same spot, weird) so I bought those and they gave me 50% off, and ended up giving me the 2 with holes for free since she was just going to throw them away. I also got a nwot recent Brioni tie, recent BB tie that's nice looking, and a rubinacci tie at the same spot. I found a few other items but nothing really worth bragging about. I did, however, put some of my thrifting profits to good use. We went to RL on palm beach island and I picked up an awesome black label suit in a great blue color that fit me like a glove. It felt odd paying full retail for something after I'm used to complaining about a GW charging more than $20 for a suit, but it was nice to treat myself.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 3 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 9 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 13 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 14 minutes ago
- › Epaulet LA Tennis Trainer Low Black Size 9D Lightly Used 15 minutes ago
- › Oak Street Bootmakers 17 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Eames Lounge Chair copies... worth it? 23 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding