Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:57 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4360post #65386 of 1387283/8/13 at 12:34pmHaven't been here in a while but I hit some of my favorite places on my day off today and had some serious success! A billy Reid topcoat and some Hermes ties are for me as we'll as a pair of AE Chester's which fit like they were made for me. I also picked up a pair of AE richmonds that are a 10.5 C and are slightly big on me. They are in great shape and I though I'd post them here and see if anyone would be interested! Here's a pic, let me know if you want them!
Styleforum Top Pickspost #65387 of 1387283/8/13 at 12:55pmQuote:
Hrm, they had those little circles on the backside, but nothing visible written in them. Maybe nothing, or maybe the text was just worn down...
I have no button experience.post #65388 of 1387283/8/13 at 1:04pmQuote:
Gold is very malleable and reacts to the calcium in your teeth, so its best to go ahead and bite down on every gold button you see in a thrift store. Quite similar to the "lick" test for MOP buttons.post #65389 of 1387283/8/13 at 1:09pmQuote:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #65390 of 1387283/8/13 at 2:14pmpost #65391 of 1387283/8/13 at 2:27pmQuote:
lol, the only things I would even remotely attempt to lick in a thrift stores are these puppies. Of course, that should be done with the owners' consent.post #65392 of 1387283/8/13 at 2:28pmpost #65393 of 1387283/8/13 at 2:33pmpost #65394 of 1387283/8/13 at 2:52pmpost #65395 of 1387283/8/13 at 2:52pmpost #65396 of 1387283/8/13 at 3:38pmpost #65397 of 1387283/8/13 at 3:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by Brianpore
More then I usually pay for a shirt but 99.99% sure it's real and Tom Ford era? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
sorry brian, it's fake
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)just kidding, i don't know shit about guccipost #65398 of 1387283/8/13 at 3:45pmpost #65399 of 1387283/8/13 at 4:00pmpost #65400 of 1387283/8/13 at 4:00pmRe: gold buttons: you will KNOW. Gold is seriously heavy. Trust me. Tug the sleeve up. If the primary weight is the sleeve, not gold (or gold plate in which case who cares?). Tug the sleeve up and feel resistance, do what I do with Kim Kardashian: check the behind.
Plus, lick test? Have you all lost your damn minds? Obvuously the only way to tell real pearl is to spit on it and see if it turns green. Duh.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 33 seconds ago
- › New Allen Edmonds Dalton Wingtip Boots 8.5D Dark Chili 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Loafers with a suit? 3 minutes ago
- › White Dinner Jacket/Tuxedo Jacket for Houston wedding 4 minutes ago
- › Is black suit an acceptable business attire? 8 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 9 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 11 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 12 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...