Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 8:58 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4328post #64906 of 1387283/2/13 at 9:23am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #64907 of 1387283/2/13 at 10:16ampost #64908 of 1387283/2/13 at 10:19ampost #64909 of 1387283/2/13 at 10:22ampost #64910 of 1387283/2/13 at 10:24ampost #64911 of 1387283/2/13 at 10:43amQuote:
+1.post #64912 of 1387283/2/13 at 10:55ampost #64913 of 1387283/2/13 at 11:13amQuote:
I would rock the fuck out of this. That said, it's too large and you will make an incredible amount of money on this.post #64914 of 1387283/2/13 at 11:34amHad some super great intentions this morning of getting out of the house early (even after going to bed at 2:30 or so) and hitting up today's Salvation Army 1/2 price clothes sales around town. As I walked out the door at 9, I realized just as I pulled the locked door shut I had forgotten both my house AND car keys inside.
Walked down the street to the local SA though while waiting for a friend with my house key and found a few things at least:
2 PRL Made in Italy shirts, size 16.5 (available, have a small hole in the back collar where they put the tag all the way through)
Prada LS polo shirt, size L (just noticed the moth hole )
Polo Navy Blue wool pants, Made in USA tagged 38x32 but shortened to about 28 but have a few inches inside yet (available)
Edited by ilikethelights - 3/2/13 at 11:47ampost #64915 of 1387283/2/13 at 12:01pmQuote:
Jackpot in my eyes. And I dont think it is a repo. Those white paperish tags are something I've noticed repos lack.
Also does it say 40R on that tag? If so should keep working on your other one and trade that one to mepost #64916 of 1387283/2/13 at 12:08pmLong time away, but not much to brag about save an epic haul--ten or so--Pendleton shirts around Thanksgiving and a pair of Alden tassel loafers in an odd size I can't recall at the moment. In other words, nice, but we've all seen this stuff before. Also a 2002 Toyota Tacoma pickup with 82K, mint and garage kept, with hardtop bed cover, five-speed manual, Weather Guard toolbox (available) and service records for $4,500 on eBay, but that doesn't really count. Then I found this about an hour ago for $25 at GW:
I know vintage road bikes but not so up on mountain bikes, so I'm looking for some help on this, and I know there are some of you out there who are experts. It's got a lot of dust on it, but it's mechanically sound, with no dings or flaws to paint--in other words, an apparent longtime basement dweller that should clean up very well. Anyone know an approximate vintage and what a reasonable flip price might be? In case the photos aren't clear, it's a Giant XTC Two2One with aluminum frame. Detail photos in spoiler. Thanks.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #64917 of 1387283/2/13 at 12:17pmWent to the outlets today. I picked up some ties for myself:
The houndstooth is Hickey Freeman, the rest are Stefano Ricci and Brioni. The Blue Brioni with the stripe is such a great shade of blue.
I thought long and hard about this, but couldn't justify it. It also had a snag, and I'm not particularly found of this combination of weave and material. Based on my experience, it's very easy to snag. They had 2 other TF SCs, one was velvet and really, really bold. The other was nice with a ticket pocket, but just a bit too small. This one would have been around $900 with tax. Off Saks had an incredible houndstooth Brioni that fit me like a glove, but they wanted too much.
I only had time to stop at one thrift since we have a wedding in a couple of hours, but I found the stuff below. Not pictured is a Brioni shirt and a pair of Burberry's slacks.
MTM suit made in hong kong, should do good on eBay. Great color, dual vent and functioning cuffs.
Faconnable made in Italypost #64918 of 1387283/2/13 at 12:25pmQuote:
It does say 40R. What do you have to trade? I'm not in the market for anything in particular, but I saw your measurements, and we are basically the same size. I'm also not sure what I want to so with it at this point, but I am open to ideas.post #64919 of 1387283/2/13 at 12:53pmScored an old North Face parka today. It is in great shape, but I couldn't find the hood.
It looks like it was barely worn - no gunk around the neck. It only has the tiniest bit of wear to one of the sleeve cuffs.
I like it, and it fits, but I've already got a couple of parkas. Available for trade, if anybody is interested. The jacket is size large. I'm a 41/42, and it fits well.
G]post #64920 of 1387283/2/13 at 1:03pm
Dan - nice score! Can't wait to see pics.
Outerwear dudes! (somebody needs to create an outerwear signal (like the spoo signal) to throw up when questions arise)
Sierra Designs Goose-down
This is decent stuff, right?
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 55 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 11 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.