Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 8:58 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4310post #64636 of 1387282/27/13 at 3:05pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #64637 of 1387282/27/13 at 3:24pmAny photographers here?
The following is completely off-topic, so it's spoilered.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I have a number of old family photographs and the ones that I enjoy seeing the most, and that are on our walls, are those of family in natural settings...at work, sitting at home, etc. My wife and I don't have a lot of these and instead, like most, have pictures from holidays, birthdays and other events. In addition to a traditional anniversary gift, I'd like to get a photographer to take some of these types of shots. I want to make it a yearly thing, so we'll be able to see how our lives/clothes/faces/technology has changed from year to year. What I'd like is to get a photographer to spend some time taking some pictures of me (and her) at work, at home relaxed, etc. Really what I want are natural settings. What I don't want are pictures at studios or in "posed" settings. I have never been big on family portaits (I don't have many from my childhood) and I even find some wedding photos a bit cheesy. Anyway, my question is what type of photographer should I find? I contacted a couple of places and wasn't impressed with what they said. Would an art student be worth a shot or is this a weird proposition?post #64638 of 1387282/27/13 at 3:37pmQuote:
Bro, remember this, RL purple, black, and blue are good. Well, blue sometimes is not good. Green is no good, EVER!Quote:Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
No for me. It looks dated with those low gorge and besom pockets. Had the gorges been just a bit higher and my size, I would cop at a low price even the pockets are jetted. Lubiam doesn't seem to flip well even 1911. Studio is even worse on flea bay but both are decent quality to wear if they fit.post #64639 of 1387282/27/13 at 4:14pmQuote:
I figured it's about time that I should!
Killer J. Peterman Company canvas/leather weekender bag. Check out the metal frame opening! Super cool. Appears to be unused.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Incotex x Zegna trousers. Flat front. 35 R
Mint Zegna mainline navy stripe suit. Flat front pants. Side vents. Eu 54 R
Ben Silver orange/blue stripe tiepost #64640 of 1387282/27/13 at 4:22pmpost #64641 of 1387282/27/13 at 4:40pmpost #64642 of 1387282/27/13 at 5:19pmpost #64643 of 1387282/27/13 at 5:40pm
Ok, so who knows vintage Abercrombie and Fitch?
I found a label with New York, Chicago and San Francisco on it, I think it is from the 60s. Does anyone know? I don't see a lot with SF on it. Do you know if they used SF on the label for very long?
Edited by capnwes - 2/27/13 at 6:34pmpost #64644 of 1387282/27/13 at 5:56pmQuote:
60's looks to be a good guesspost #64645 of 1387282/27/13 at 6:01pmpost #64646 of 1387282/27/13 at 6:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by mexicutioner
the same could be said about dudes posting stuff in here that's not desirable to the Styleforum MC crowd.
lookin good man. Never thought I'd see vintage tweed and Etro (aka Roberto Grammelli) in the same outfit but that looks great.
quoting my finds from last night in a sad, transparent attempt to get attention and praise from you guys. mainline zegna STAPLE suit IN MY SIZE? bad ass EP's shirt, possibly the first time that brand has been posted in this thread? size small baron wells shirt, possibly only the second time this brand has been posted (the first time being ME, last year). COME ON DUDES.
I actually was meaning to quote this as an awesome find! I've yet to find a staple navy or gray suit in my size.post #64647 of 1387282/27/13 at 6:34pmpost #64648 of 1387282/27/13 at 6:40pmAnybody have any helpful opinions about this? It's intriguing me
thanks!!!post #64649 of 1387282/27/13 at 7:14pmQuote:haha was probably 200 2 weeks agoOriginally Posted by francoamerican
Anybody have any helpful opinions about this? It's intriguing me
thanks!!!post #64650 of 1387282/27/13 at 7:14pmHad my best day ever last week, but unfortunately only keeping one thing. Luckily, it is really rad. I've been looking for a new bag for a couple months now and the thrift gods smiled on me.
Vintage, NOS Banana Republic cotton twill bag with leather and brass trim. Made in the UK! Not sure of the era, probably early 80s?
more deets below the fold...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Balmain Jacket help. 4 minutes ago
- › Arpenteur Roscoff Wool Jacket - Navy - Tagged L shipping included 4 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Banff 9D Chili Luxury Lined Drivers, BNIB, Returns... 4 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 5 minutes ago
- › Ts(s) beige cotton jacket in size 3 (New with Tag) 7 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 7 minutes ago
- › All Styles Considered: An Arts Magazine from StyleForum Users 8 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.