Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 10:50 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 8/20/16 at 4:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 8/26/16 at 3:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4310post #64636 of 1387282/27/13 at 3:05pmpost #64637 of 1387282/27/13 at 3:24pmAny photographers here?
The following is completely off-topic, so it's spoilered.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I have a number of old family photographs and the ones that I enjoy seeing the most, and that are on our walls, are those of family in natural settings...at work, sitting at home, etc. My wife and I don't have a lot of these and instead, like most, have pictures from holidays, birthdays and other events. In addition to a traditional anniversary gift, I'd like to get a photographer to take some of these types of shots. I want to make it a yearly thing, so we'll be able to see how our lives/clothes/faces/technology has changed from year to year. What I'd like is to get a photographer to spend some time taking some pictures of me (and her) at work, at home relaxed, etc. Really what I want are natural settings. What I don't want are pictures at studios or in "posed" settings. I have never been big on family portaits (I don't have many from my childhood) and I even find some wedding photos a bit cheesy. Anyway, my question is what type of photographer should I find? I contacted a couple of places and wasn't impressed with what they said. Would an art student be worth a shot or is this a weird proposition?post #64638 of 1387282/27/13 at 3:37pmQuote:
Bro, remember this, RL purple, black, and blue are good. Well, blue sometimes is not good. Green is no good, EVER!Quote:Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
No for me. It looks dated with those low gorge and besom pockets. Had the gorges been just a bit higher and my size, I would cop at a low price even the pockets are jetted. Lubiam doesn't seem to flip well even 1911. Studio is even worse on flea bay but both are decent quality to wear if they fit.post #64639 of 1387282/27/13 at 4:14pmQuote:
I figured it's about time that I should!
Killer J. Peterman Company canvas/leather weekender bag. Check out the metal frame opening! Super cool. Appears to be unused.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Incotex x Zegna trousers. Flat front. 35 R
Mint Zegna mainline navy stripe suit. Flat front pants. Side vents. Eu 54 R
Ben Silver orange/blue stripe tiepost #64640 of 1387282/27/13 at 4:22pmpost #64641 of 1387282/27/13 at 4:40pmpost #64642 of 1387282/27/13 at 5:19pmpost #64643 of 1387282/27/13 at 5:40pm
Ok, so who knows vintage Abercrombie and Fitch?
I found a label with New York, Chicago and San Francisco on it, I think it is from the 60s. Does anyone know? I don't see a lot with SF on it. Do you know if they used SF on the label for very long?
Edited by capnwes - 2/27/13 at 6:34pmpost #64644 of 1387282/27/13 at 5:56pmQuote:
60's looks to be a good guesspost #64645 of 1387282/27/13 at 6:01pmpost #64646 of 1387282/27/13 at 6:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by mexicutioner
the same could be said about dudes posting stuff in here that's not desirable to the Styleforum MC crowd.
lookin good man. Never thought I'd see vintage tweed and Etro (aka Roberto Grammelli) in the same outfit but that looks great.
quoting my finds from last night in a sad, transparent attempt to get attention and praise from you guys. mainline zegna STAPLE suit IN MY SIZE? bad ass EP's shirt, possibly the first time that brand has been posted in this thread? size small baron wells shirt, possibly only the second time this brand has been posted (the first time being ME, last year). COME ON DUDES.
I actually was meaning to quote this as an awesome find! I've yet to find a staple navy or gray suit in my size.post #64647 of 1387282/27/13 at 6:34pmpost #64648 of 1387282/27/13 at 6:40pmAnybody have any helpful opinions about this? It's intriguing me
thanks!!!post #64649 of 1387282/27/13 at 7:14pmQuote:haha was probably 200 2 weeks agoOriginally Posted by francoamerican
Anybody have any helpful opinions about this? It's intriguing me
thanks!!!post #64650 of 1387282/27/13 at 7:14pmHad my best day ever last week, but unfortunately only keeping one thing. Luckily, it is really rad. I've been looking for a new bag for a couple months now and the thrift gods smiled on me.
Vintage, NOS Banana Republic cotton twill bag with leather and brass trim. Made in the UK! Not sure of the era, probably early 80s?
more deets below the fold...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Fantasy Football 2016 sign up! Ends 8/21 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 6 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 6 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 8 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding