Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 10:03 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 8/20/16 at 4:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on Yesterday at 3:28 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4305post #64561 of 1387282/26/13 at 3:48pm^^ Expensive and sold at Saks and Nordstrom. Never impressed with the quality. Typical sleek, modern styling. Reminds me of Hugo Boss, Theory, etc. Looks like a sportcoat there - retail was probably around $400.post #64562 of 1387282/26/13 at 3:58pmpost #64563 of 1387282/26/13 at 4:39pmpost #64564 of 1387282/26/13 at 4:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by GMMcL
Really? Seems exactly the kind of thing you counter-cultural hipsters would be after....EDIT: Before I start Thread War Three, I'm kidding guys. Chill.
All joking aside, does anyone here besides VLSI, caseyfud and acosbysweater ever actually look in SW&D? A quick scroll should be enough to disabuse many of the notions around what's desirable to that crowd (at least, the Styleforum SW&D crowd).
Crappy quality, pretty ugly, way too expensive. The Tale of the Red in eBay completed listings reflects what that stuff is really worth.post #64565 of 1387282/26/13 at 4:55pmpost #64566 of 1387282/26/13 at 5:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ace_Face
I still have the Marantz receiver that my dad bought before I was born (1972). Last week, I saw a Marantz DVD player at the thrift but the combination of inablity to test + didn't appear to be high end = no sale. As for me, I had a braces kind of day:
Five on the left are all Trafalgar, three on the right are BB (sorry for the iPhone pic):
Ace....I think even the low end Marantz stuff is fairly pricey. The cool thing about high end DVD players is they make great CD players.
Love the BB braces....post #64567 of 1387282/26/13 at 5:48pm
Fishy time guys.
O HAI... EPIC SOUTHWICK. 42R. Probably one of my top 5 favorite finds ever, and I've found some pretty cool stuff!
BB CUSTOM TAILORED line, Medium gray (yeah my camera sucks) orphan that is just awesome. All the bells and whistles. Flat med gray so it works as a separate.
Big aquascutum raincoat, 46
HEY! Know what we need? A pair of Ferragamo Tramezza captoes in brown suede! 8D and oh-so-sexy! I came a little when I found these.
Awesome RT That I just couldn't leave
Burberry made in England trench, sans wool liner, still got the nova check awesomeness going on inside. 40R
TBNY (Faconnable) Suede loafers, 8DCanali 17.5
BB Madison 46R, Made in Canada, LP Fabric
First Hermes shirtpost #64568 of 1387282/26/13 at 6:25pmSUP BRO'S
This is my best recent find, actually: the JCrew Light shirt, notable for its, er, light, airy, breathable, summery poplin that belies its dark wintry colorway. Actually mine is grey and clean, without pockets. Posting because yay, it fits! and as a heads up to you SW&D dudes who might want some kind of dark, yet breezy, Damir Doma-ish -type shirt but no way are you paying that kind of money. For srs, though. You don't have to tell anyone it's JCrew.post #64569 of 1387282/26/13 at 6:30pmSo I went back to the spot I found everything yesterday, hopeful I overlooked something. I did.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
BoO x2 (XS)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
and this badass 1948 flight(?) jacket. Does anybody here know anything about vintage military wear? (n/a)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #64570 of 1387282/26/13 at 6:33pmpost #64571 of 1387282/26/13 at 6:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by noob
This is my best recent find, actually: the JCrew Light shirt, notable for its, er, light, airy, breathable, summery poplin that belies its dark wintry colorway. Actually mine is grey and clean, without pockets. Posting because yay, it fits! and as a heads up to you SW&D dudes who might want some kind of dark, yet breezy, Damir Doma-ish -type shirt but no way are you paying that kind of money. For srs, though. You don't have to tell anyone it's JCrew.
link?post #64572 of 1387282/26/13 at 6:39pmpost #64573 of 1387282/26/13 at 6:56pmpost #64574 of 1387282/26/13 at 7:02pmQuote:
Noob does, and barrelntrigger has been posting fits in the WAYWT No Discussion thread, though for some reason I think he might just be lost. But yeah, bowties are definitely a #menswear thing, SW&D isn't really about that.Quote:Originally Posted by tonylumpkin
New shit to worry about!
2slowQuote:Originally Posted by foodguy
justthrough i'd leave this here
happy exorcising!post #64575 of 1387282/26/13 at 7:45pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 25 seconds ago
- › Roda shirts! Two 41, one 40, all with MOP buttons. 2 minutes ago
- › OFFERING SERVICE OF Bespoke Neapolitan 5-7-12 fold ties 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Buday Shoes - Hungarian Shoemaker 5 minutes ago
- › Carrot & Gibbs, J. Crew bow ties. 8 minutes ago
- › The Official 2016/2017 Football / Soccer / Fútbol / Futebol /... 11 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 14 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 15 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding