or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4295

post #64411 of 125336
Quote:
Originally Posted by FillW View Post

 Capnwes: Do you have your personal warehouse? rotflmao.gif
 

Yes, don't you? No seriously, yes, I do. I posted pics of my set-up about midyear last year, but I have definitely increased my inventory since then. I am barely keeping my head above tweed.


Edited by capnwes - 2/25/13 at 11:46am
post #64412 of 125336

Cool Borrelli L/S polo and a limited to 558 pieces Descendant of Thieves this weekend. My size. N/A

 

( they marked directly on the LB cloth a big black X ffffuuuu.gif  that you can slightly see from the back. Can I Zout Sharpie???

post #64413 of 125336
Quote:
Originally Posted by FillW View Post

 Capnwes: Do you have your personal warehouse? rotflmao.gif

 

Capnwes' Tweedy Emporium
post #64414 of 125336
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post

I only pick up Hilfiger when it is made in Italy and only for myself. 
The good H Hilfiger stuff is the early Made in Italy stuff. After they established the brand, they started sending it to China and the other lesser places.

Xenos: Thanks!
post #64415 of 125336
Capn's Warehouse (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Above is my previous post of my setup. I now have added (2) 8 foot processing tables and about 16 more linear feet of hanging space.

 

I have a problem.

post #64416 of 125336
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46n2 View Post


( they marked directly on the LB cloth a big black X ffffuuuu.gif   that you can slightly see from the back. Can I Zout Sharpie???

I use oxy clean stain remover that comes in a squirt bottle to remove the price coding marker. If it's directly on the tag, it should come off easily. When they mark directly on the fabric it's a real bitch to get out.

Sweet borrelli find by the way!
post #64417 of 125336
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Capn's Warehouse (Click to show)















Above is my previous post of my setup. I now have added (2) 8 foot processing tables and about 16 more linear feet of hanging space.

I have a problem.

Speaking of processing, I need a better system for measuring. My back was killing me after going through about 40 items on Saturday. I need a way to measure while sitting down, so I'm thinking of buying a card table that I can sit at in an office chair and measure everything without having to bend or lean over very far. No idea how some of you guys do 100+ items every weekend.
post #64418 of 125336
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post


Speaking of processing, I need a better system for measuring. My back was killing me after going through about 40 items on Saturday. I need a way to measure while sitting down, so I'm thinking of buying a card table that I can sit at in an office chair and measure everything without having to bend or lean over very far. No idea how some of you guys do 100+ items every weekend.

An angled drafting table will probably be better. You won't have to hunch over your work so far, even sitting down. 

post #64419 of 125336

50% off? That's what we were doing and ignoring the unpacking from February's move! Hit Kerrisdale, Marpole, MacDonald Sally Ann's. Posted some but not all. Odd not one pair of Ferragamo's on the floor. First time for that.
 

post #64420 of 125336
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlassis View Post

50% off? That's what we were doing and ignoring the unpacking from February's move! Hit Kerrisdale, Marpole, MacDonald Sally Ann's. Posted some but not all. Odd not one pair of Ferragamo's on the floor. First time for that.
 

??? 

 

puzzled.gif

 

I missed something?

post #64421 of 125336
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlassis View Post

50% off? That's what we were doing and ignoring the unpacking from February's move! Hit Kerrisdale, Marpole, MacDonald Sally Ann's. Posted some but not all. Odd not one pair of Ferragamo's on the floor. First time for that.

 

what Canadian dialect are you speaking? You were surprised that there were no Ferragamo's on the floor; and this is the first time this happened? What thrift consistantly stocks Ferragamo's?
post #64422 of 125336

A few interesting things this morning, not all photographed...

 

1. Vintage Woolrich Buffalo Plaid shirt. Didn't see the hole in the arm until I took the tag off... Oh well, guess it's mine now unless anyone wants a medium with a small hole below the back of the left elbow.

 

2. Royal Classic for Tom James silk tie. Burgundy with US Flags. Available

3. Picked up an REI Polartec 200 jacket (yes, it's old; made in USA old) for my dad.

4. LL Bean light fleece pullover. Hard to resist for 50% off tagged price. For myself.

5. Vintage 60s/70s Sears Hawaii shirt. Good condition too. Going to the Bay since it's not my size.

6. Marmot Fleece jacket. Excellent condition. Women's XS (available if anyone needs a nice fleece for their honey)

7. Vintage James Pringle wool vest. (edit... Just figured out that it's not the same Pringle. But it's still a nice wool vest and fits me like a glove.)

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #64423 of 125336

Where are my denim heads!!!???

 

I picked up something you guys might appreciate!

 

Will post after lunch.

post #64424 of 125336

Not thrifted, but had to share. Paid for with ebaybux.- AE Long Branch. biggrin.gif

post #64425 of 125336
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

Where are my denim heads!!!???

 

I picked up something you guys might appreciate!


What you get BNT ?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread