Of course theres a WH involved. I just want to see the tweed trees that grow in PA.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 1/19/17 at 7:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Yesterday at 9:53 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4292post #64367 of 1387282/24/13 at 8:53pmpost #64368 of 1387282/24/13 at 8:59pmQuote:
I had an annoying one like that today... Bids $25 on a $70 BINOBO, I counter with $60, he counters with $30.
If you don't want to play, GTFO... I'm gonna block that one...post #64369 of 1387282/24/13 at 9:27pmpost #64370 of 1387282/24/13 at 9:35pmpost #64371 of 1387282/24/13 at 9:40pmpost #64372 of 1387282/24/13 at 9:41pmQuote:
WHY, its just a PIA and you get blocked. No one who is doing BIN OBO is going to accept a low price, thats the point of BIN OBO vs an auction... you make sure you get a fair price.post #64373 of 1387282/24/13 at 10:21pmQuote:
My view is that if you bid less than 1/2 of the BINOBO price, you're an ass. I lowball people... Hell, that's how I picked up a Sharks jersey for $22 (off a $30 BINOBO price), but start with a fairly reasonable offer. The one I was lowballed on was a deadstock pair of pants for which I priced based on what a recent auction of the same thing in a less common size sold for. Dude also had the gall to ask if the pants had any stains or odors (what part of "like new" doesn't he understand?).
Anyway, rant over... Maybe it was you I blocked this evening...post #64374 of 1387282/24/13 at 11:02pmpost #64375 of 1387282/24/13 at 11:14pm
I forgot my other rant for the evening...
Savers' prices........ They are getting ridiculous.
I mentioned the $400 price tag on a pair of selvage Levis. But everyday stuff is getting horribly overpriced. There was a shirt with a nearly fist-sized hole (in the armpit, ferrphukksake!) that was priced as if nothing was wrong with it. Granted, it was a Pendleton. But who would buy that??
Oh, and watching the Grammys earlier. Only Samuel L Jackson could pull that outfit off in public.post #64376 of 1387282/24/13 at 11:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by vlassis
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Half price weekend in Vancouver, BC at Salvation Army and Value Village. Hit 3 Sally's to restock and found multiples of Zara, Banana Republic and Mexx, this Zegna Soft and tons of shoes. Have no idea what I will do with the grey Pierre Cardin's but just couldn't help myself. Vintage ties but nothing worth mentioning. The Tommy and Banana Republic are in the photo.
Bacco Bucci, Bacco Bucci, Grenshons, Cesare Paciotti, B2, Florsheim Imperials
Todd's, Pierre Cardin, Pierre Cardin, B2, Massimo Dutti, Bally of Switzerland
Kenneth Cole, Too Boot NY, Cole Haan, Dior
The pants have a 3 inch hem, putting the past owner at about 5'6.
Shoes less than 5 bux per pair. A little bit of something for everyone.
Wow, so many pairs of shoes in one post! You must have good luck. I almost never get decent shoes at a thrift...Quote:Originally Posted by Shiny
I think he means this collaboration:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I've got some Am. Living ties that I like. Unless, of course, you're asking Ian about the actual jacket...
On the subject of apparitions, I'd like to share something I have encountered that is not really scary, but it's just weird and happens at night. I live the the dc burbs and my area (NoVA) has had it's share of skirmishes in both the civil war and probably the war of independence. I also run and with the shorter days I run in the late afternoon after work when there is usually no light.
More than once I see this guy wearing a white gown (to the middle thigh) and walking out of the corner of my eye. He has long disheveled hair and is looking straight ahead. This road I run by has those waist high concrete dividers that separate both sides of traffic. I've seen him straddle the divider to overcome it but he will use his lead leg to go over it frontward, while maintaining his vision straight ahead. Kinda the opposite of how you would straddle a horse, if that makes sense. When I look right at him, he is gone. I only see him out of the corner of my eye. Also, he never looks at me he's just walking straight ahead.
Now, I've thought maybe he was in a military hospital during wartime. I've wanted to research whether white gowns were worn in hospitals during the civil war, for example. Also, I've thought that everyone during civil war time had short hair but I'm not sure. I do know that most of the civil war guys had facial hair. I can't tell if this guy has facial hair. That's it.
I facking knew it!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, garbage always a pass!
^^ FaceOfBoh, great job on the laundry room!post #64377 of 1387282/24/13 at 11:55pmpost #64378 of 1387282/25/13 at 1:39ampost #64379 of 1387282/25/13 at 3:15amQuote:Originally Posted by Klobber
Related to that Bakery - what is it about America and cinnamon? I love cinnamon but over here it is used excessively. It is a strong frigging spice but nobody here seems to notice. Buy a round of cinnamon buns, they look super yummy. One bite and this cinnamon gloop spilled out - man it was rank. Over in Europe cinnamon is used respectfully in light to moderate quantities. Not so over here apparently.
You just need to find the right method to eat food spiced to American tastes.post #64380 of 1387282/25/13 at 6:49amQuote:Originally Posted by Randy
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Btw, phenomenal haul, Ben — PM just sent re Luciano Barbera shirt.
Big shout outs to size 38r for being a kick ass mofo!!! Where have you been all my life?! No homo.
I will keep you guys updated on the deets.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Llama Calf Loafer (Uetam 10UK) 2 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 2 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 3 minutes ago
- › Barbanera Chet Single Monk Strap (10UK) 4 minutes ago
- › The 'Best Of' Friday Challenges 2016 6 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 8 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...