Just imagine if it affected your daily driving!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 10:22 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 3/9/17 at 10:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4291post #64351 of 1387282/24/13 at 6:06pmpost #64352 of 1387282/24/13 at 6:08pmpost #64353 of 1387282/24/13 at 6:09pmQuote:Quote:
Who is this wowniceshirt you speak of?post #64354 of 1387282/24/13 at 6:15pmpost #64355 of 1387282/24/13 at 6:31pm
Back from a 3 day ski trip though VT, NH and MA. Just got back and skimmed 375 posts. Nice to see some actual bragging going on since last week
If anyone finds decent pumps in a thrift store buy them! They do decent on ebay + most other members on SF will want to trade you.
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Two days, two stores, nine hours, yes i ate, no it wasnt that awesome brazilian bread, no ghosts, klobber was not in the store sharting.
Didnt have time to photograph the accessories yet, but also included
paul stuart tie, liberty london tie, a few BB ties, frye moto boots, gucci wingtips, dior homme shoes, dsquared patent loafers, bed-stu loafers, two made in england silk suspenders, vintage 40s ventilated cap toes, coach lizard skin belt, coupla other things.
NICE HAUL!! - Just sold a similar BB Cashmere in Green ebay in November for $60Quote:Originally Posted by KlobberQuote:It goes with the territory dude.Originally Posted by Ian Erickson
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
well shit guys my first round of a bunch of shit I sent to spoo is ending tomorrow and it is at like thrift store prices, I might even lose money on a few of them. maybe I should stick to dealing only with people on the thread (my frustration isn't directed at spoo he is a pleasure to work with and is probably the best consigner around, I just guess my items are just not very good...)
but I mean I got like 40349058458 pms on this rag & bone....
and this isaia is cool right?
this is a freaking cantarelli (for facconable..) with dual vents tasteful pattern ect. 0 FREAKING BIDS I mean shit it is a nice sportcoat
ugh I might have to get a "real job"
This is the reality:
Take all these goods and on one 10 day stretch a few bidders are gunning for them. Result = profit and some decent prices. On another 10 days stretch, nobody even notices. Just the way it friggin goes my man! It sucks but that is eBay for you - up n down random unpredictable etc etc.....
Some sellers do the BIN with offer and keep the items on a fixed(ish) price for even months eventually getting what that item should of gone for. Spoo has gone for the random nature of auctions, presumably because he has such a high turnover that placing items on fixed BIN / OBO would mean a chaotic inventory and a mountain of work keeping track of everything. Lower volume sellers can take the BIN/OBO approach. In some ways the 10 day auction is superior - its temporal nature means bidders out there have to bid - although one needs the bidders in the first place during a short time span. On the other side, How many BIN/OBO items have many watchers and few to no offers? BIN/OBO says "put me in watch I will hang around". Auction says "make your stand, once gone always gone". One approach is slightly more deterministic, the other subject more to pure randomness. Neither way is superior - law of averages will always apply but one will only see these averages over a larger number of samples (i.e. over 100's of auctions versus a select handful).
He was here a few months ago, had a few posts but people ragged on him. Always seemed like a nice guy when I PM him. He buys/sells for a living (like a lot of people here). The Brioni sold at a good price will 99.99% end back up on ebay in a week or two.post #64356 of 1387282/24/13 at 6:41pmpost #64357 of 1387282/24/13 at 6:41pmpost #64358 of 1387282/24/13 at 6:52pmQuote:
I think he means this collaboration:
I've got some Am. Living ties that I like. Unless, of course, you're asking Ian about the actual jacket...
On the subject of apparitions, I'd like to share something I have encountered that is not really scary, but it's just weird and happens at night. I live the the dc burbs and my area (NoVA) has had it's share of skirmishes in both the civil war and probably the war of independence. I also run and with the shorter days I run in the late afternoon after work when there is usually no light.
More than once I see this guy wearing a white gown (to the middle thigh) and walking out of the corner of my eye. He has long disheveled hair and is looking straight ahead. This road I run by has those waist high concrete dividers that separate both sides of traffic. I've seen him straddle the divider to overcome it but he will use his lead leg to go over it frontward, while maintaining his vision straight ahead. Kinda the opposite of how you would straddle a horse, if that makes sense. When I look right at him, he is gone. I only see him out of the corner of my eye. Also, he never looks at me he's just walking straight ahead.
Now, I've thought maybe he was in a military hospital during wartime. I've wanted to research whether white gowns were worn in hospitals during the civil war, for example. Also, I've thought that everyone during civil war time had short hair but I'm not sure. I do know that most of the civil war guys had facial hair. I can't tell if this guy has facial hair. That's it.post #64359 of 1387282/24/13 at 7:21pm
I don't have any haunting stories...sorry...
Online thrift bags.
Around $29 shipped for all. The RLPL was 4.99. The battistoni is mine, but the others are available if anyone is interested. The RLPL was for resale.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Some more online thrifts brags.
Allegri half-trench...is this a mens or a womens?Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
NWT JV USA Medium
Ran some errands and poked my head into a Platos closet. Don't usually do that.
BOO Size Large AvailableWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
One store on Friday.
Some kind of collectors Lucky Brand jeans? I don't know, I am just hoping some guy that buys up true religion will take a shot on these.
Royal Tweed, Churchs Size 8uk 9us? AvailableWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
RT, Boss x2
Missing two sleeve buttons.
Burberrys Made in the USA-16.5, NM 15.5,
Vittorio Marchesi?? 15.5 Slim, pretty awesome linen shirt, know nothing on the brand, according to the website this shirt is about 165 Euros
NWT Elie Tahari Shirt A Large? I think.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
NWT Brooks Brothers Sweater, Size Medium
NWT RLPL Polo, Size Medium Availablepost #64360 of 1387282/24/13 at 7:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:
Damn I passed up a cashmere sweater exactly like this one, except it only had the white tag with red writing. I was 99% sure it was vintage Brooks Brothers but I was worried it wouldn't flip without the tag. It was in my cart and everything.post #64361 of 1387282/24/13 at 8:19pm
A few more items from Friday...
Martin Dingman Belt
Harris Tweed 8 piece cap
Christy's London Cap
Donegal Tweed Cap
Harris Tweed Cap
Iconic Shoes from my avatar photo, worn once for the wedding in the photo.
A gift from my my brother in law (the groom). Free to sell them now since they are split up already.
Willis and Geiger Shooting Poplin Jacket ....cray cray ebay cash
Canali Pants - Heavy
Hickey Freeman Pants
Incotex, Made in Italy
J Press Shawl Tuxpost #64362 of 1387282/24/13 at 8:21pmpost #64363 of 1387282/24/13 at 8:25pm
One stop today and one find.
Allen Edmonds Auburn Tassel Loafers. 9D. Available.
They were sitting next to a pair of Mezlans and a pair of rubber sole Guess shoes, both priced four times as much. Unsurprising since this same store had new, crappy suits priced at $100+.post #64364 of 1387282/24/13 at 8:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ian Erickson
+100 on the hunting jacket also I think you are right about rl country but if I remember that particular label is a pass (at least I hope so because I passed on it today...)
oops quoted the wrong thing
also sorry I can't do that I am still 8 years old and haven't hit puberty
If you're talking Polo Country, that is definitely not a pass. Just sold a $6 sweater for $100 on eBay.
Vintage Polo Country and vintage RL stuff with Native American prints sells very well. Re: the latter, I also sold a sweater I bought new 20 years ago for $250.post #64365 of 1387282/24/13 at 8:25pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 10 seconds ago
- › Brand New w/ TOM FORD bags 100% Silk Zig Zag, Checkered Ties, Black... 1 minute ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 10 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 11 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 15 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 19 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 23 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 25 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 27 minutes ago
- › Cigars 28 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...