Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 8:26 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 10/22/16 at 2:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4277post #64142 of 1387282/22/13 at 11:50amQuote:Originally Posted by Klobber
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I personally prefer muscle powered weapons to firearms. I just love pulling back a 100LB compound bow and smashing an arrow through a solid block of two by four. I got 5 Crossbows and 3 Compound Bows of various poundage, I just love using them. While nowhere near as practical as a shotgun in a self defense scenario, I do not live in fear of some guy armed to the teeth crashing through my front door. And even if that did happen, he would find a broadhead released from a 260LB crossbow to be exceedingly deadly.
I plan to start an inventory of firearms soon, it is on my "to do list". I am even considering selling off most my wardrobe to accommodate my outdoor shooting hobbies. I had a firearm license in England but got rid of my weapons when I immigrated to the USA. I am starting from a blank slate here which is fun. I have my eyes on a Sig Sauer P229 for the time being and plan to invest in at least 2 or 3 top of the line hunting rifles. Also have my eyes on a Mossberg shotgun - for clay shooting and home defense. Of course, I intend to continue purchasing the latest and greatest bows and crossbows that come out yearly.
I am also interested in big bore pellet guns - check em out if you guys get a chance
In terms of hobby, clothing is way way below my outdoors activity interests. I like nothing better than being decked out in camos and being on the firing range or archery range. Clothing is fun, but shooting is way more fun. If I could do both, I would be happy, so I will try not to get rid of all my Tom Ford suits or Hermes jackets.
This guy deserves his own thread for me to read religiously while skipping over all of the thrift thread mediocre derailments.post #64143 of 1387282/22/13 at 11:56ampost #64144 of 1387282/22/13 at 11:58ampost #64145 of 1387282/22/13 at 12:05pmPSA...
I mentioned to a few people in PMs, but my wife and I are planning a late spring/early summer holiday in (hopefully) Naples. As it's a sartorial paradise, I'm going to try to hit the big spots to shop. I am also going to head to the outlets that are around the city. While nothing is definite (my wife wants a cheaper holiday destination), I'm happy to do some proxies. It certainly won't be thrift prices, but it will be the type of thing you can't get at home, I assume. Anyway, I'll get more details as I plan, but I'd be happy to pick up anything anyone wanted to send your way. No proxy fees, just cost + shipping from Austria. I'd assume someone here would want some cool pocket squares or ties. Obviously no lurkers and if a number of people are interested, I'd probably just ask that they PayPal some money that they want spent. PM me if you have any interest! These places have some awesome stuff at decent prices!post #64146 of 1387282/22/13 at 12:05pmpost #64147 of 1387282/22/13 at 12:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by Orgetorix
I want to give a plug for Fabric Reweavers USA. I've mentioned them here before, but haven't actually shown any examples of their work. I sent the gray RLPL suit I recently thrifted to them to fix a hole in the chest. Not only did they fix it, they found another one that I had missed, and fixed that too. They did an excellent job, and the results are fantastic. Virtually invisible. They charged me $88 to fix both, including return shipping back to me. From what I've seen, that's a pretty reasonable rate. If you thrift something really nice that has minor moth damage, it might be worth the investment to have it fixed. Especially if you're keeping it for yourself, like I am this one (because it fits like it was bespoke for me).
I will say, be patient when you send stuff to them. It's run by an elderly gentleman who has had health problems recently. He's the nicest guy in the world, but I had to be patient with him for a little while as he sorted out the aftermath of being in the hospital for several weeks and finally got to my items.
If you look REALLY hard, you can see each cross-shaped repair site about an inch below the white threads.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Just what I need, an excuse to buy lots of things I would have passed on. Really though, that is beautiful work!post #64148 of 1387282/22/13 at 12:09pmHit one store at lunch:
Is this the right vintage outerwear?
Left jackets by Alpine Designs and Gerry that were beat up and the designs were pretty boring
AE Presidio 9EEE, available
PRL Made in US tweed. Tagged 42. Pockets still basted. Available
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Tux shirt for me that needs the treatment.post #64149 of 1387282/22/13 at 12:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by HansderHund
I mentioned to a few people in PMs, but my wife and I are planning a late spring/early summer holiday in (hopefully) Naples. As it's a sartorial paradise, I'm going to try to hit the big spots to shop. I am also going to head to the outlets that are around the city. While nothing is definite (my wife wants a cheaper holiday destination), I'm happy to do some proxies. It certainly won't be thrift prices, but it will be the type of thing you can't get at home, I assume. Anyway, I'll get more details as I plan, but I'd be happy to pick up anything anyone wanted to send your way. No proxy fees, just cost + shipping from Austria. I'd assume someone here would want some cool pocket squares or ties. Obviously no lurkers and if a number of people are interested, I'd probably just ask that they PayPal some money that they want spent. PM me if you have any interest! These places have some awesome stuff at decent prices!
That is Godly of you...post #64150 of 1387282/22/13 at 12:42pmpost #64151 of 1387282/22/13 at 12:48pm
Happy to do it! I have to say that so many people here (both within this thread and SF on the whole) have been great to deal with that I'm happy to offer anything in return. It's really amazing the attitude around here and I was just on the receiving end of a very generous offer. I went ahead and "paid it forward" in the hopes that it continues.
^^I'd assume that the person that offered me the deal and the one on the receiving end knows what I'm talking aboutpost #64152 of 1387282/22/13 at 1:26pm
Some stuff from the past week or so.
Paul Stuart SC, (Dual vent, Tagged 39 Semi-long) Available
BB tweed (single vent, tagged 41 R) Available
Oxxford pants (flat front, side tabs)
PRL corneliani pants (FF)
Thomas Mason FC shirt
LL bean popover
BB Made in England(C&J's?????)
Random Versace tie
J. Press (just saw it is missing the tie holder)post #64153 of 1387282/22/13 at 1:43pmpost #64154 of 1387282/22/13 at 1:54pmQuote:
Do keep margins in mind. Even $40-50 in reweaving costs is only worth it if it's a high-margin item or if you're keeping it for yourself, generally.post #64155 of 1387282/22/13 at 1:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by OrgetorixQuote:
Do keep margins in mind. Even $40-50 in reweaving costs is only worth it if it's a high-margin item or if you're keeping it for yourself, generally.
+1... This is why I just posted three Harris Tweeds on Ebay. Not worth the money. Sooner or later, I'll find the one I'm after for myself that fits off the rack.
On the other hand, I just handwashed an LL Bean sweater that I absolutely love and fits me perfect. That's worth the effort...
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Cigars 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › 5th Annual Thrift Thread Gift Exchange Unveiling 5 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 6 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 10 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...