Sorry, but that doesn't negate the fact that the rate of occurrence per 100,000 is drastically higher in those areas from a purely statistical standpoint.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 8:37 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 9/12/16 at 2:10am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4272post #64066 of 1387282/21/13 at 10:19pmpost #64067 of 1387282/21/13 at 10:23pmpost #64068 of 1387282/21/13 at 10:24pmQuote:
It negates the part of your argument about their gun control laws, since those guns are sold in areas with little regulation. So yes, highly dense population centers have more crime. Congrats.Quote:
Perhaps you're reading a different thread than I am, because I saw horse's_ass get lots of complaints even from self-described liberals.post #64069 of 1387282/21/13 at 10:28pmRelax, dude, I don't think anyone was saying that.
If anything, I find it somewhat odd what people tend to obsess over. As I said, we could look into better car safety (if you drive), or better pool safety (if you have kids), or medical malpractice (if you are breathing) -- all things that kill people in the thousands, yet what we choose to focus on is HOLY SHIT, THREAT LEVEL MIDNIGHT!
Actually, just learning how to wash your hands for thirty seconds would prevent more deaths than just about anything.post #64070 of 1387282/21/13 at 10:32pmpost #64071 of 1387282/21/13 at 10:32pmpost #64072 of 1387282/21/13 at 10:42pmpost #64073 of 1387282/21/13 at 10:42pmpost #64074 of 1387282/21/13 at 10:44pmpost #64075 of 1387282/21/13 at 10:46pmpost #64076 of 1387282/21/13 at 10:58pmQuote:
it really doesn't, because the lax states don't have near the per capita crime rates. it has to do with the scumbag criminals who live in those areas. I'm speaking specifically about PER CAPITA crime statistics which don't have anything to do with population per square mile or population density. of course a densely populated area is going to have a higher total number crime rate due to the higher population, but why is the per capita crime rate higher? Why are you over 3 times more likely to be shot and killed in california than montana? Could it have anything to do with the population?Quote:
perhaps i am.Quote:
cold. dead. hands.Quote:
please take that nonsense to the thrift store bragging thread please.
thank youpost #64077 of 1387282/21/13 at 11:07pmThe "stricter gun safety laws won't work because criminals won't turn in their guns" is one of the worst arguments, in my opinion. We can't divide the world up into "criminals" who are going to commit gun crimes no matter what and "law-abiding" citizens who would never use one illegally. We don't know who the criminals are going to be. Everybody thinks that they are somebody else, but it could be me, it could be you - we can't really know until it happens. Without easy access to a gun, we don't have kids playing around in the backyard and accidentally shooting each other, we don't have guys shooting four times through the bathroom door because they heard a noise, we don't have guys that kill their neighbors because of loud music, etc. So better gun safety laws will keep criminals from getting guns, because we (and they) don't know who they are yet, for the most part.post #64078 of 1387282/21/13 at 11:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by caseyfud
The "stricter gun safety laws won't work because criminals won't turn in their guns" is one of the worst arguments, in my opinion. We can't divide the world up into "criminals" who are going to commit gun crimes no matter what and "law-abiding" citizens who would never use one illegally. We don't know who the criminals are going to be. Everybody thinks that they are somebody else, but it could be me, it could be you - we can't really know until it happens. Without easy access to a gun, we don't have kids playing around in the backyard and accidentally shooting each other, we don't have guys shooting four times through the bathroom door because they heard a noise, we don't have guys that kill their neighbors because of loud music, etc. So better gun safety laws will keep criminals from getting guns, because we (and they) don't know who they are yet, for the most part.
the DOJ acknowleded that the 1994 AWB did almost nothing to curb gun violence and Joe Biden within the last few weeks saying the same that any new legislation to reduce gun violence would have very little effect.
I already provided statistics showing where there are the most laws, the gun murder rate is the highest. DC had an outright ban until the Supreme Court overturned it in 2008 (DC VS Heller http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_of_Columbia_v._Heller), and they have one of the highest, if not THE highest, per capita murder by gun rate in the country. I don't know how people can argue with actual crime statistics.
Bottom line is, if a criminal wants a gun, a law is not going to stop them. An outlaw is called an outlaw for a reason. Schools are already gun free zones, and murder is already illegal. a law will do little if anything to act as a deterrent to someone with their mind set on something
Good luck at the thrifts tomorrow gents! Hope there are some good finds! Pre dibs on 44r suits BTW!! hahapost #64079 of 1387282/21/13 at 11:47pmpost #64080 of 1387282/21/13 at 11:55pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Brunello Cucinelli Brown Herringbone Cotton Blazer / Jacket - 50 EU... 8 minutes ago
- › New Boxed Alden No.8 Cordovan Belt 8 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 9 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 11 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge 23th of September 2016 - 'The Great Outdoors' 11 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...