or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4272

post #64066 of 118294
Quote:
Originally Posted by csoukoulis View Post


I'm sure they aren't, but are their lives any less valuable than the kids in Newtown? California (the state with he toughest gun laws) has a 50% higher population than Texas (one of the most lax in regards to gun laws), yet the murder by firearm rate is 100% higher in California than in Texas. How about Washington DC and Chicago.....2 of the cities with the strictest gun laws coincidentally have the highest rates of murder by firearm.

edit: more exact #s. in 2011 in california there was 3.25 gun murders per 100,000. In texas there was 2.91. DC is 12.46 per 100,000. Montana which may be the MOST lax gun control wise in the country is 0.76 gun murders per 100,000. Granted these are 2011 numbers but I'm sure they're close to the current numbers.

"oh, a new gun control law, better turn in my gun."......said no criminal ever.


Oh, don't start this, please... Or I'll have to point out that the guns used in crimes in NY and Chicago come mostly from the south where there are very lax gun laws.

 

I'd also point out that although guns are used in less than 20% of suicide attempts they have a 90%+ success ratio and therefore make up more than half of successful suicides.

 

But we're not going to have that conversation.

post #64067 of 118294
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post


Oh, don't start this, please... Or I'll have to point out that the guns used in crimes in NY and Chicago come mostly from the south where there are very lax gun laws.

Sorry, but that doesn't negate the fact that the rate of occurrence per 100,000 is drastically higher in those areas from a purely statistical standpoint.
post #64068 of 118294
I like how nobody complains when a left leaning statement is thrown out there, but when a right leaning reply is made, I'm made to look like an asshole. Some of you guys are something else LOL
post #64069 of 118294
Quote:
Originally Posted by csoukoulis View Post


Sorry, but that doesn't negate the fact that the rate of occurrence per 100,000 is drastically higher in those areas from a purely statistical standpoint.


It negates the part of your argument about their gun control laws, since those guns are sold in areas with little regulation. So yes, highly dense population centers have more crime. Congrats.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csoukoulis View Post

I like how nobody complains when a left leaning statement is thrown out there, but when a right leaning reply is made, I'm made to look like an asshole. Some of you guys are something else LOL

 

Perhaps you're reading a different thread than I am, because I saw horse's_ass get lots of complaints even from self-described liberals.

post #64070 of 118294
Relax, dude, I don't think anyone was saying that. fistbump.gif

If anything, I find it somewhat odd what people tend to obsess over. As I said, we could look into better car safety (if you drive), or better pool safety (if you have kids), or medical malpractice (if you are breathing) -- all things that kill people in the thousands, yet what we choose to focus on is HOLY SHIT, THREAT LEVEL MIDNIGHT!

Actually, just learning how to wash your hands for thirty seconds would prevent more deaths than just about anything.
post #64071 of 118294
"Man, I sure do get laid a lot" ...... said no gun enthusiast ever.
post #64072 of 118294
If anyone comes for my guns, they've got another thing coming. That's my 2 cents.
post #64073 of 118294

So tomorrow I'm thinking of going to buy some secondhand clothing at a store that sells that sort of thing from donations people bring in.

 

Anyone have any thoughts?

post #64074 of 118294

went to SA for the first time after work, usually go to GW, only to find they close at 5:30. censored.gif

Ill hit it up again this weekend

post #64075 of 118294
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadBoy View Post

So tomorrow I'm thinking of going to buy some secondhand clothing at a store that sells that sort of thing from donations people bring in.

 

Anyone have any thoughts?

fistbump.gif

thats how to do it

post #64076 of 118294
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadBoy View Post

So tomorrow I'm thinking of going to buy some secondhand clothing at a store that sells that sort of thing from donations people bring in.

 

Anyone have any thoughts?

 

Planned 420 post? Don't forget to bring your gloves, might get cooties. tounge.gif

post #64077 of 118294
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post


It negates the part of your argument about their gun control laws, since those guns are sold in areas with little regulation. So yes, highly dense population centers have more crime. Congrats.

it really doesn't, because the lax states don't have near the per capita crime rates. it has to do with the scumbag criminals who live in those areas. I'm speaking specifically about PER CAPITA crime statistics which don't have anything to do with population per square mile or population density. of course a densely populated area is going to have a higher total number crime rate due to the higher population, but why is the per capita crime rate higher? Why are you over 3 times more likely to be shot and killed in california than montana? Could it have anything to do with the population?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

Perhaps you're reading a different thread than I am, because I saw horse's_ass get lots of complaints even from self-described liberals.

perhaps i am.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicutioner View Post

"Man, I sure do get laid a lot" ...... said no gun enthusiast ever.

prove it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataku View Post

If anyone comes for my guns, they've got another thing coming. That's my 2 cents.

cold. dead. hands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadBoy View Post

So tomorrow I'm thinking of going to buy some secondhand clothing at a store that sells that sort of thing from donations people bring in.

Anyone have any thoughts?

please take that nonsense to the thrift store bragging thread please.

thank you
post #64078 of 118294
The "stricter gun safety laws won't work because criminals won't turn in their guns" is one of the worst arguments, in my opinion. We can't divide the world up into "criminals" who are going to commit gun crimes no matter what and "law-abiding" citizens who would never use one illegally. We don't know who the criminals are going to be. Everybody thinks that they are somebody else, but it could be me, it could be you - we can't really know until it happens. Without easy access to a gun, we don't have kids playing around in the backyard and accidentally shooting each other, we don't have guys shooting four times through the bathroom door because they heard a noise, we don't have guys that kill their neighbors because of loud music, etc. So better gun safety laws will keep criminals from getting guns, because we (and they) don't know who they are yet, for the most part.
post #64079 of 118294
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyfud View Post

The "stricter gun safety laws won't work because criminals won't turn in their guns" is one of the worst arguments, in my opinion. We can't divide the world up into "criminals" who are going to commit gun crimes no matter what and "law-abiding" citizens who would never use one illegally. We don't know who the criminals are going to be. Everybody thinks that they are somebody else, but it could be me, it could be you - we can't really know until it happens. Without easy access to a gun, we don't have kids playing around in the backyard and accidentally shooting each other, we don't have guys shooting four times through the bathroom door because they heard a noise, we don't have guys that kill their neighbors because of loud music, etc. So better gun safety laws will keep criminals from getting guns, because we (and they) don't know who they are yet, for the most part.

the DOJ acknowleded that the 1994 AWB did almost nothing to curb gun violence and Joe Biden within the last few weeks saying the same that any new legislation to reduce gun violence would have very little effect.

I already provided statistics showing where there are the most laws, the gun murder rate is the highest. DC had an outright ban until the Supreme Court overturned it in 2008 (DC VS Heller http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_of_Columbia_v._Heller), and they have one of the highest, if not THE highest, per capita murder by gun rate in the country. I don't know how people can argue with actual crime statistics.

Bottom line is, if a criminal wants a gun, a law is not going to stop them. An outlaw is called an outlaw for a reason. Schools are already gun free zones, and murder is already illegal. a law will do little if anything to act as a deterrent to someone with their mind set on something


Good luck at the thrifts tomorrow gents! Hope there are some good finds! Pre dibs on 44r suits BTW!! haha
post #64080 of 118294
I figured we can see pics of 30-year-old suits any old day, so why not have some fun, right?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread