or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4247

post #63691 of 112442
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansderHund View Post


Yes, there are a few BBQ places that I crave on a regular basis.
The one I always go for just says "Chick-Fil-A Sauce." It's some sort of tangy/creamy mustard. If you ever make it up there, you know you can expect something in return biggrin.gif

 

http://www.stockpilingmoms.com/2012/05/pinterest-daily-pin-copy-cat-chick-fil-a-sauce/

 

Mayo

mustard

lemon juice

honey

BBQ sauce

post #63692 of 112442
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLjon View Post


The Tech Square WH is so nice and clean (relatively speaking, of course) that it doesn't even feel like a Waffle House.

It's not a real Waffle House until the floor is sticky and the grease has had a chance to build up and age.

Just don't ask why the floor is sticky.
post #63693 of 112442
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

First time I have found a "shell weave" tweed...and I like it!




Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)







That's really neat! I've never seen anything like that either. Also, shout to Joshmick for hooking me up with a sweet PRL fair isle sweater vest in a trade. Thing is tits! Hand knit camel hair, wool and lambs wool. I passed one up at the Marshall's a couple months ago for $50 and I've been kicking myself ever since. I've also been checking the vest sections of the thrifts religiously in hopes of finding one. So naturally, literally the morning we made the trade, I found one. No maker tag, and made in Hong Kong but 100% wool and in a pretty neat pattern in my opinion. But one can never really have too many of these sorts of things, can one?
post #63694 of 112442
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post


That's really neat! I've never seen anything like that either. 

Well I knew it existed....just had been a personal goal to find one. Still looking for a diamond weave...the last one in the guide I haven't yet found.

 

 

 

A Guide to Weaves and Designs (2).pdf 2,226k .pdf file
post #63695 of 112442
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

First time I have found a "shell weave" tweed...and I like it!




Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)







I like that fabric, Cap. If I'd just seen the closeup and not the full shot, I'd have guessed it was 20s-40s vintage, not '70s. Interesting weaves like diamonds and such were common before the war, but fabric patterns and colors got a lot more standardized, with fewer options, in the latter half of the 20th century.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewi View Post

...there were two Waffle Houses that we'd go to: the one at Howell Mill and Defoors near Ghetto Kroger...

I guess everyone everywhere has insulting pet names for their local Kroger stores. The one nearest me is known by everyone in the city as The Dirty Kroger, and there's another one I've heard called KroGhetto.
post #63696 of 112442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewi View Post

It's not a real Waffle House until the floor is sticky and the grease has had a chance to build up and age.

Just don't ask why the floor is sticky.

 

Why the floor is sticky, Fig. 1

 

post #63697 of 112442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post

I guess everyone everywhere has insulting pet names for their local Kroger stores. The one nearest me is known by everyone in the city as The Dirty Kroger, and there's another one I've heard called KroGhetto.

We have Ghetto Kroger, Murder Kroger (name is earned and deserved), we used to have Disco Kroger, and what I called Forgotten Kroger, as it was just a couple blocks away from Whole Foods in the loadedest part of town.
post #63698 of 112442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewi View Post


We have Ghetto Kroger, Murder Kroger (name is earned and deserved), we used to have Disco Kroger, and what I called Forgotten Kroger, as it was just a couple blocks away from Whole Foods in the loadedest part of town.


 

Some highlights:

 

"It's a good place to go if you want to buy crack, but if you go there for groceries, you may never come back."

 

"It's the worst place to shop in all of Atlanta, you could lose your life over a 12-pack of Fanta."

post #63699 of 112442
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


last january

you should DEFO go. No thrifting in the Bahamas (to keep relevant to thread lol) but tourney, cash game all night, beach all day, tourney, repeat. in January. Amazing, would do it again. The cash games were incredible - if you think that Foxwoods or Mohegan is filled with donation stations on a weekend, the Bahamas was just a table full of ATMs. Checkraise all night long and strut out pockets full. Was beautiful. Though I did get burned by a chinese businessman on a check raise, me A9os, flop was 9 K 5 rainbow. 1/5 NL table, pot was maybe 100 pre flop. He bets 50, I know hes not holding a K. I reraise 375, he literally thinks about it for 15 minutes. Calls his all in and shows A5os. Turn was an A, river a 5. Motherfuck. Still bitter.

 

Seems like an excessive raise size, he probably thought it looked weak. biggrin.gif His play obviously didnt cover him in glory either...

 

Poker is also my first love, I actually found this place from one of the big poker forums which is my usual "hangout". Still haven't made it to Mohegun or FWs, mostly host and play in a few home games around the area.

post #63700 of 112442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan K View Post

 

Seems like an excessive raise size, he probably thought it looked weak. biggrin.gif His play obviously didnt cover him in glory either...

 

Poker is also my first love, I actually found this place from one of the big poker forums which is my usual "hangout". Still haven't made it to Mohegun or FWs, mostly host and play in a few home games around the area.

2p2? 

post #63701 of 112442

sup bro

 

which is to say yes. though i havent posted in or read a poker thread in several years, mostly just post in the sports threads

post #63702 of 112442
Thrift fit for today:
Vintage tweed from the Capt'
PRL fair isle vest from joshmick
Lorenzini for PRL pink and white striped shirt
unlined vintage wool tie by Mansure and Prettyman
Levis cords (not thrifted)
AE Daltons (ebay but paid for with thrift money)
AppleMark
AppleMark
post #63703 of 112442
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledbetter View Post

I picked up an old leather jacket from a thrift store several weeks ago for the outrageous price of $8.99. The old and ragged thing has definitely seen its fair share of usage. If the jacket could talk, I’m sure it would have some interesting stories to tell. Anyway, I didn’t think it would be possible to restore, but decided to give it a try anyway. I used an affordable conditioner I ordered online called Tantex that costs about the same price as the jacket.

 

This ultimately became the biggest thrift store find of my life! I am happy to report that the jacket is completely revitalized and looks like something you would pay $500+ for brand new. It doesn’t necessarily look 'brand' new, but it has character you just can’t get anywhere else. Now I always look for old leather when I go thrifting because it is very possible to restore when you find the right product. 

Touching story....please tell us you have before and after shots. Or at least after shots.

post #63704 of 112442
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cotton Dockers View Post

 

BoO - 16 (L)

 

AppleMark

 

BoO (N/A)

 

AppleMark


 

 

Barbour Bedale (N/A)

 

AppleMark

 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcmcklwht View Post

Our Legacy cotton

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friskydingo View Post

I got back home from a business trip last night, and had half an hour in a store before it closed. Oregon must have missed me, because I found a couple of firsts.





 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubs View Post

Unis and

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post


MMM; Michael Bastian linen


 
 

 

I got tired of selectively quoting the things that I would wear, as it's all amazeballs.  icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob View Post


 

 

I'm sure you got flamed pretty hard in SW&D, but I can fuck with this.

post #63705 of 112442
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

Thrift fit for today:
Vintage tweed from the Capt'
PRL fair isle vest from joshmick
Lorenzini for PRL pink and white striped shirt
unlined vintage wool tie by Mansure and Prettyman
Levis cords (not thrifted)
AE Daltons (ebay but paid for with thrift money)
AppleMark
AppleMark

Looks great on you, man! I'm glad it arrived safely. 

 

I recieved the blazer last night as well and it looks wonderful. Great trade!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread