or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4245

post #63661 of 114838
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob View Post



Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




Oh, speaking of mainy, shout-out to mainy for these super-dope sneakers, y'all. Click spoilers for winrar.


THRIFT FIT

Theory stealth jacket of $400+ ridiculousness (goodwill)
Undercover $9,000 stealth pants (b&s)
Gucci, lol (mainy)

Apologies to sw&d dudes who already endured this

Woah! I knew you were from the future! nod[1].gif
post #63662 of 114838
Quote:
Originally Posted by concealed View Post

Sounds like hes talking cash games, 2/5 NL happens to be my game of choice at Foxwoods

I would like to play the 2/5 & 5/10 PLO game that gets going, but too big for my bankroll

man do i miss PokerStars

+1 Pokerstars was responsible for HOURS of time.. and a few thousand bucks lol.

What was the shit was when we went to the Bahamas on a family trip, booked a room at the Atlantis. Turns out the PCA happened to be in the hotel the very week we were there.. i really did miss my family smile.gif





We should get you, me, GMmcl at the woods.
post #63663 of 114838
Quote:
Originally Posted by LooknGr8 View Post

AppleMark

Also, any guesses on vintage? I say 50s-early 60s, my wife -- who is a font expert but not a clothes expert -- is betting older

What a sweet find! Available?

I'm with you on the date. Any earlier than mid-1950s and you have Italy a basket case, still recovering from the effects of the war. Any earlier than the war and I'm not sure about the prevalence of ready-to-wear fashion from Italy.

Just my 2 cents.
post #63664 of 114838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post


I am, but don't worry about picking the stuff up. The thrifts here are loaded... I've found tons of shirts, hats and a hoodie. I'm hoping for jerseys (looks up into the sky pleading with the thrift gods)...

 

Any chance you've come across a fedora in size 7.5/60cm?

post #63665 of 114838
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

Woah! I knew you were from the future! nod[1].gif

I started watching Nikita again, remembered I could do a Division thrift fit. I swear, I saw some henchmen running through the forest in the same get-up. shog[1].gif
post #63666 of 114838
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

+1 Pokerstars was responsible for HOURS of time.. and a few thousand bucks lol.

What was the shit was when we went to the Bahamas on a family trip, booked a room at the Atlantis. Turns out the PCA happened to be in the hotel the very week we were there.. i really did miss my family smile.gif

We should get you, me, GMmcl at the woods.

aww hell yeah, what year was that? i was supposed to hit up my family in the bahamas and do the PCA thing a few years ago, but I ended up getting sick... i'm still bitter about that! it was like, the only big poker event that was feasible for me to go to when i was <21


also @noob looking good buddy glad you are rocking those shoes if anybody wants a pair i still have a few I think
post #63667 of 114838
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

We should get you, me, GMmcl at the woods.
In.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

Poker at Spoos? GMMCL's nest.gif
(FTFY, Brian; I'm more centrally located).
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceOfBoh View Post

What a sweet find! Available?
How'd I miss this? I had (have? Didn't I give it to one of you as a freebie??) a shirt with this label. Suspected it was pretty old.
post #63668 of 114838
This is a great thrift fit! Love that sweater!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

Thrift fit from today Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)








Pringle Shetland Wool shawl collar cardigan from eBay
HF Brown / pink / slate gray-blue check cutaway collar thrifted by me
Wilkes Bashford cashmere tie from Marshalls
BB Hudson chocolate cords, thrifted by me
Pantharella cashmere socks from Wingtip clearance
post #63669 of 114838
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainy View Post

aww hell yeah, what year was that? i was supposed to hit up my family in the bahamas and do the PCA thing a few years ago, but I ended up getting sick... i'm still bitter about that! it was like, the only big poker event that was feasible for me to go to when i was <21

last january

you should DEFO go. No thrifting in the Bahamas (to keep relevant to thread lol) but tourney, cash game all night, beach all day, tourney, repeat. in January. Amazing, would do it again. The cash games were incredible - if you think that Foxwoods or Mohegan is filled with donation stations on a weekend, the Bahamas was just a table full of ATMs. Checkraise all night long and strut out pockets full. Was beautiful. Though I did get burned by a chinese businessman on a check raise, me A9os, flop was 9 K 5 rainbow. 1/5 NL table, pot was maybe 100 pre flop. He bets 50, I know hes not holding a K. I reraise 375, he literally thinks about it for 15 minutes. Calls his all in and shows A5os. Turn was an A, river a 5. Motherfuck. Still bitter.
post #63670 of 114838
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

^ sadly, your first dolce & gabbana is fake...

 

Appreciate the intel.  Obviously, I'm not familiar with them - is there a dead giveaway to keep me from buying another?

post #63671 of 114838
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceOfBoh View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooknGr8 View Post

Also, any guesses on vintage? I say 50s-early 60s, my wife -- who is a font expert but not a clothes expert -- is betting older

What a sweet find! Available?

I'm with you on the date. Any earlier than mid-1950s and you have Italy a basket case, still recovering from the effects of the war. Any earlier than the war and I'm not sure about the prevalence of ready-to-wear fashion from Italy.

Just my 2 cents.

Did some investigating:

http://vintagefashionguild.org/label-resource/sulka/

Though that page shows a supposed 1970s label with "Palm Beach" on it, this Chicago Tribute article talks about Sulka planning to open its Palm Beach store in the early 90s:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1991-11-18/business/9104140674_1_beverly-hills-store-san-francisco-store-sulka

EDIT: I guess they could have had a Palm Beach location earlier that closed, and they re-entered that market in the 90s.

EDIT 2: That's indeed the case. Looks like they had a store there in the 60s, probably earlier. I'm no help here frown.gif

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1961&dat=19661110&id=D6skAAAAIBAJ&sjid=PaEFAAAAIBAJ&pg=6017,2811711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowen View Post

This is a great thrift fit! Love that sweater!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

Thrift fit from today Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)








Pringle Shetland Wool shawl collar cardigan from eBay
HF Brown / pink / slate gray-blue check cutaway collar thrifted by me
Wilkes Bashford cashmere tie from Marshalls
BB Hudson chocolate cords, thrifted by me
Pantharella cashmere socks from Wingtip clearance

+1 on the cardigan. Very nice, Grendel.
Edited by ChetB - 2/19/13 at 9:21pm
post #63672 of 114838
Quote:
Originally Posted by sn0wman View Post

Appreciate the intel.  Obviously, I'm not familiar with them - is there a dead giveaway to keep me from buying another?

Pretty much stay away from that label.. and that embroidered box on the small blade isnt usually found either.
post #63673 of 114838
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


Pretty much stay away from that label.. and that embroidered box on the small blade isnt usually found either.

 

I was just looking it up, and it looks like the spaces between Dolce & Gabbana show it to be fake too.  

Thanks!

post #63674 of 114838
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob View Post

I started watching Nikita again, remembered I could do a Division thrift fit. I swear, I saw some henchmen running through the forest in the same get-up. shog[1].gif

Nice! Those shoes are fucking sweet! I'm still trolling ebay, waiting for the perfect pair from Lanvin. devil.gif
post #63675 of 114838
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanM View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

I am, but don't worry about picking the stuff up. The thrifts here are loaded... I've found tons of shirts, hats and a hoodie. I'm hoping for jerseys (looks up into the sky pleading with the thrift gods)...

Any chance you've come across a fedora in size 7.5/60cm?

A Sharks fedora? No...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread