Thanks for the quick verification! I still have to send you the pictures of the items I want to send your way...I'll get on that
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 12/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 12/1/16 at 1:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4243post #63632 of 1387282/19/13 at 6:31pm
Wow have you guys pulled in some hauls lately. I only get about one day a week to hit up the shops and haven't been doing anywhere near you guys.
Will I be disowned if I state that I am not the biggest WH fan?
Giant shoutout to los_face. He honestly packs more gifts for my GF than I do throughout the year. Awesome guy to deal and trade with. Hooked me up with a nice RLX athletic jacket and threw in some bonus stuff that will definitely get put to use.
Also, Fueco, are you a giant Sharks fan? For some odd reason, a Marshalls by me had like 5 SJ Sharks scarves for sale. Hockey + Team across the country is an odd item to find its way here. I didn't look at the price but if you want me to proxy, let me know.post #63633 of 1387282/19/13 at 7:08pmQuote:MUUUUUUSSSST REEEEESSSSIIIIIIIIIST BAAAAAATTISSTOOOOOOONNNIIII MMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIZZZZEEEEEEEE!!!Quote:Dibs.Originally Posted by ledbetter
I recently moved to the ventura/oxnard area in Southern California, and I think this place must be the Mecca of Thrift stores. It seems like there is a large and well stocked store on every corner. I'm happy to see nearly every piece of clothing I'm wearing today was acquired at thrift stores.
You just wait. Taking pictures now.
Edited by GMMcL - 2/19/13 at 7:57pmpost #63634 of 1387282/19/13 at 7:13pmpost #63635 of 1387282/19/13 at 7:32pmpost #63636 of 1387282/19/13 at 7:35pmpost #63637 of 1387282/19/13 at 7:46pmpost #63638 of 1387282/19/13 at 7:48pmpost #63639 of 1387282/19/13 at 7:49pmpost #63640 of 1387282/19/13 at 7:50pmpost #63641 of 1387282/19/13 at 7:51pmpost #63642 of 1387282/19/13 at 7:56pm
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Oh, speaking of mainy, shout-out to mainy for these super-dope sneakers, y'all. Click spoilers for winrar.
Theory stealth jacket of $400+ ridiculousness (goodwill)
Undercover $9,000 stealth pants (b&s)
Gucci, lol (mainy)
Apologies to sw&d dudes who already endured thispost #63643 of 1387282/19/13 at 7:57pmHere's the score. No time tonight to spruce it up, or obsess about picture quality so I'm just going to post it.
L to R, top to bottom:
Paul Stuart/Samuelsohn (charcoal gray DB single vent), PRL Corneliani (navy flannel, dual vent, ticket pocket), Paul Stuart/Samuelsohn (navy, single breast, single vent)
Oxxford (navy stripe, single breast, single vent), HF (silver tag, solid navy, single breast single vent)
L to R
Valentino (don't normally brag, but it's Super 120s and is important to gauge volume), Harris Tweed, Paul Stuart blue sport coat (non-orphan.... I think), J Press (absolutely pristine beige cotton suit)
L to R, top to bottom
4 x Zegna shirts (varying age, incl su misura)
5 x Zegna shirts (varying age)
2x Alain Figaret, Ben Silver, J Press, BBGF
CT Sea Island, CT non-iron slim fit
NWOT FU-red HT tie for me
Condition on most of this stuff is OK, though a few have minor issues. Most shirts need a solid soak, the PRL has a manageable hole in the trou, and the Stuart double breasted has a pinhole in the arm.
Passed on so, so, SO much good stuff, either because the damage was even worse or because they were orphaned/reverse orphaned.
But the most demoralizing feeling HAS to be going to one of your semi-regular spots (1x per 2-3 weeks) and seeing the reverse orphan to the orphan you passed last time around, with the orphan nowhere to be found. As I've already observed, I rarely remember something after I leave a store, but this time, it stuck with me: Stuart/Samuelsohn double breasted, ticket pocket, dual vent brown flannel chalk stripe. It was really, really cool. Trou were nowhere to be found. Until today, when the jacket was missing. I know for a fact that this store pulls things out the week after the color goes on sale, and tosses them out. So this is a permanent orphan situation. I'm nauseous again just thinking about it.
Edit: Spoo (or anyone else) - Name the time and place for poker, and I'll be there.post #63644 of 1387282/19/13 at 7:57pmpost #63645 of 1387282/19/13 at 8:03pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › FS: Perfect Navy Blazer! NWT Sartorial Saint Andrews 46 8R (Free... 7 minutes ago
- › Henry Blake Watches - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 9 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 10 minutes ago
- › Filson/Nigel Cabourn Work Cape Jacket (M) 10 minutes ago
- › The 'Best Of' Friday Challenges 2016 11 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway