Thanks for the quick verification! I still have to send you the pictures of the items I want to send your way...I'll get on that
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:35 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 7/26/16 at 5:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4243post #63632 of 1387282/19/13 at 6:31pm
Wow have you guys pulled in some hauls lately. I only get about one day a week to hit up the shops and haven't been doing anywhere near you guys.
Will I be disowned if I state that I am not the biggest WH fan?
Giant shoutout to los_face. He honestly packs more gifts for my GF than I do throughout the year. Awesome guy to deal and trade with. Hooked me up with a nice RLX athletic jacket and threw in some bonus stuff that will definitely get put to use.
Also, Fueco, are you a giant Sharks fan? For some odd reason, a Marshalls by me had like 5 SJ Sharks scarves for sale. Hockey + Team across the country is an odd item to find its way here. I didn't look at the price but if you want me to proxy, let me know.post #63633 of 1387282/19/13 at 7:08pmQuote:MUUUUUUSSSST REEEEESSSSIIIIIIIIIST BAAAAAATTISSTOOOOOOONNNIIII MMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIZZZZEEEEEEEE!!!Quote:Dibs.Originally Posted by ledbetter
I recently moved to the ventura/oxnard area in Southern California, and I think this place must be the Mecca of Thrift stores. It seems like there is a large and well stocked store on every corner. I'm happy to see nearly every piece of clothing I'm wearing today was acquired at thrift stores.
You just wait. Taking pictures now.
Edited by GMMcL - 2/19/13 at 7:57pmpost #63634 of 1387282/19/13 at 7:13pmpost #63635 of 1387282/19/13 at 7:32pmpost #63636 of 1387282/19/13 at 7:35pmpost #63637 of 1387282/19/13 at 7:46pmpost #63638 of 1387282/19/13 at 7:48pmpost #63639 of 1387282/19/13 at 7:49pmpost #63640 of 1387282/19/13 at 7:50pmpost #63641 of 1387282/19/13 at 7:51pmpost #63642 of 1387282/19/13 at 7:56pm
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Oh, speaking of mainy, shout-out to mainy for these super-dope sneakers, y'all. Click spoilers for winrar.
Theory stealth jacket of $400+ ridiculousness (goodwill)
Undercover $9,000 stealth pants (b&s)
Gucci, lol (mainy)
Apologies to sw&d dudes who already endured thispost #63643 of 1387282/19/13 at 7:57pmHere's the score. No time tonight to spruce it up, or obsess about picture quality so I'm just going to post it.
L to R, top to bottom:
Paul Stuart/Samuelsohn (charcoal gray DB single vent), PRL Corneliani (navy flannel, dual vent, ticket pocket), Paul Stuart/Samuelsohn (navy, single breast, single vent)
Oxxford (navy stripe, single breast, single vent), HF (silver tag, solid navy, single breast single vent)
L to R
Valentino (don't normally brag, but it's Super 120s and is important to gauge volume), Harris Tweed, Paul Stuart blue sport coat (non-orphan.... I think), J Press (absolutely pristine beige cotton suit)
L to R, top to bottom
4 x Zegna shirts (varying age, incl su misura)
5 x Zegna shirts (varying age)
2x Alain Figaret, Ben Silver, J Press, BBGF
CT Sea Island, CT non-iron slim fit
NWOT FU-red HT tie for me
Condition on most of this stuff is OK, though a few have minor issues. Most shirts need a solid soak, the PRL has a manageable hole in the trou, and the Stuart double breasted has a pinhole in the arm.
Passed on so, so, SO much good stuff, either because the damage was even worse or because they were orphaned/reverse orphaned.
But the most demoralizing feeling HAS to be going to one of your semi-regular spots (1x per 2-3 weeks) and seeing the reverse orphan to the orphan you passed last time around, with the orphan nowhere to be found. As I've already observed, I rarely remember something after I leave a store, but this time, it stuck with me: Stuart/Samuelsohn double breasted, ticket pocket, dual vent brown flannel chalk stripe. It was really, really cool. Trou were nowhere to be found. Until today, when the jacket was missing. I know for a fact that this store pulls things out the week after the color goes on sale, and tosses them out. So this is a permanent orphan situation. I'm nauseous again just thinking about it.
Edit: Spoo (or anyone else) - Name the time and place for poker, and I'll be there.post #63644 of 1387282/19/13 at 7:57pmpost #63645 of 1387282/19/13 at 8:03pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 8 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 11 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 15 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 20 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 21 minutes ago
- › *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** 22 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 23 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding